Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

3.9

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Ugh this is literally the BEST concealer I have ever tried. Ever. And I have tried a lot. My only complaint is that they don't sell this in Sephora and it's constantly sold out online. But only because it's so amazing ❤️

on 1/8/2017 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

FINALLY found a concealer that I will never part ways with! Thank you Tarte for creating such a wonderful concealer that conceals, stays in place, and is good for my skin! I am not quite sure why Sephora hasn't started selling this hot product yet; however, you can find it at Ulta. Great for highlighting, concealing, lining brows, and just about everything else!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is my all time favorite concealer. This is a full coverage concealer and it is a drier formula. I usually do not even need to set it. I get a lighter color than my face to use under my eyes and I am in love. TOP CONCEALER OF ALL TIME in my opinion.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this concealer in Light and I love it. It works equally well to conceal blemishes and dark circles. It doesn't slide off blemishes or crease under my eyes. The full-coverage satin finish is perfect for my dark circles and means I can dab it on areas of my face that need a little extra help without it looking unnatural. The only drawback is the scent, which reminds me of a citronella candle or maybe a toned-down Sharpie smell. The good news is that the smell dissipates quickly after application.

I'll use either the original (full-size) beautyblender or Sephora PRO Airbrush Concealer blush to apply and blend Shape Tape. The color Light is a touch too light for me in the summer, so I'll apply it under my foundation to make sure it doesn't look too obvious. Using the doe foot applicator, I deposit some product onto the back of my hand and pick it up with the beautyblender or brush. The applicator is too big and too product-heavy for direct application to my face from the tube.

I haven't used Shape Tape for illuminating and contouring, as Tarte claims you can. Given the texture and finish I can see how that would work just fine.

on 9/9/2016 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wish this wasn't out of stock at the moment because I want to buy it in LIGHT - I bought light medium and it matches my ever changing nc22-30 skin tones perfectly....would like something lighter for under the eyes though. I love this concealer! Hands down one of the best Ive tried. I used to use Nars creamy or MAC Pro longwear but was not happy!! I've tried many many other and would always go back because those other two at least functioned....but this one, I have nothing bad to say about it at all!

on 9/19/2018 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This concealer is definitely full coverage and a little goes a long way. For concealing dark circles, make sure to moisturize underneath your eyes or this will look really dry. I’ve also found applying it lower and blending upwards works far better than placing it directly where you want concealed. Make sure to use a finely milled powder to set. I’m using bare escentuals mineral veil to set this under my eyes. For the size and coverage, this was worth every penny.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this product... makes my skin look great and not oily

on 3/15/2017 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've had this for a while now, and just now getting around to writing a review. It was definitely a learning curb... curve? however the saying goes lol. I was applying way too much at first so it looked really heavy and creasey. I still don't like the applicator size- way too big- but I'm now careful to apply very little and build as I go. I use this over coconut oil, and my Mally eye brightener (a yellow-toned corrector) and it doesn't crease. I don't set this with powder either, which I like, it's one less thing to do. I will be repurchasing for now but I'm also always on the hunt for concealers. I do recommend this, but also realize that it takes practice (well for me it did) and a little goes a long way.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is about as close as I have come to finding a holy grail concealer. I always have issues with concealers creasing in the lines underneath my eye, but this concealer does not do that. It holds up very well in hot, humid weather. I still set it with a light dusting of powder, but it is very long-wearing. As always I use a good eye cream first and let it set before applying concealer. The only gripe I have is that is does tend to oxidize a l bit later in the day. The light color is perfect when I put it on, but about 8 hours later it oxidizes a little. I might buy the fair color and try mixing it with the light to see if it improves. Definitely will keep buying anyway!

on 5/7/2018 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I was really excited to try this concealer due to all the raving reviews. Unfortunately, I am quite disappointed. Tarte is not available in my country (Europe), so I really had to try to get one. The price is high, but you do get a ton of product. You really need a tiny bit, not the generous amounts you see Youtubers apply... The package is nice, the doe foot applicator is enormous! It has full coverage, but my god is it drying :-( I have oily skin, but my undereyes are more normal (sometimes even dry). I don't usually have problems with concealers being too drying, but this one accentuated all the fine lines I didn't even knew I had and it appeared very patchy. Even with a good moisturising eye cream underneath it was awful and don't even try to set it with a powder because that makes it worse.
It didn't help I choose the wrong shade, but that was my fault entirely. I am a NW15-20 in Mac, so I choose the shade fair, but imo it was way too light. I rather prefer a more natural tone under my eyes, closely to my skin tone/foundation, while some prefer the much lighter shades to brighten. If you're not a fan of this, be aware when choosing a shade.
Next I would like to try the Makeup Revolution one, which ought to be a dupe, but I am now continuing using the Catrice liquid coverage one, which is waaaaay cheaper, also full coverage and not so drying (and it smells nice!)