Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 5/19/2018 4:29:00 AM

I am on a quest for a concealer that does not settle in line creases. Tarte shape tape was good for highlighting and shaping around my eyebrows but as far as an undereye concealer...I returned it. The formula is rather thick and pigmented and difficult to blend. It dries quickly to a matte finish, and settles into lines easily. I tried several techniques to give it a fair go, with powder to set, without , with a brush with a bit of setting spray to set, oil instead of under eye moisturizer underneath, under eye primer, none helped.

on 5/7/2018 12:49:00 PM

This is a weird one for me. I use concealer mostly to cover up blemishes and this doesn‘t really do the job. It‘s not supper full coverage on me. Also the shades are kinda weird. A lot of people seem to love it though. I definitely prefer the nars radiant creamy or even the kylie concealer.

I bought into the hype and purchased this product. I finished a tube and would not repurchase. The wand was a little wide for the under-eye area and the product went on too thick. I had success dipping a clean concealer brush into the tube. This concealer needed to be set with a loose powder to keep the desired consistency throughout the day. I would not repurchase due to the overwhelming scent. It would dissipate quickly but I prefer unscented/lightly scented products.

I tried this because of all the hype and I'm quite disappointed. I bought this in the shade Light Sand hoping that it would be the product to finally remove any traces of my purple-brown undereye circles, but it is not as full-coverage as it claims. I can still see darkness peaking through when I blend this concealer out with my beauty sponge, not to mention the fact that it oxidizes into a darker, peachier colour. When I try to use this on top of a colour corrector, the edges of where I really blend out this concealer tends to mix in with the colour corrector instead of covering it up. It also emphasizes every little bump I have in my undereye area, and it's a little bit drying. I also don't get why the doe foot applicator has to be gigantic when all you need is less than a pea-sized amount of product for both under eyes.

Overall, I am so disappointed and regret that I decided to buy two tubes from the Tarte website in order to qualify for free shipping. That's $70+ CAD wasted, which is a big mistake on my part. I really took a gamble there, hoping that this would be a magical, holy grail product. I would not repurchase.

on 1/5/2018 5:45:00 PM

i am oil/acne prone skin. Nc20 in mac,120 classic ivory in maybelline, 20 beige in chanel and cremebrule in nars concealer. Im am neutral light skintone and i use Light in shape tape color range in the winter but i do prefer light neutral now that i am a bit darker. This is good for undereyes and blemishes/ acne scars. It melts into the skin and blends really well if not too much is applied. It looks natural but is also full coverage. This does not make my acne dry or as flaky. i can wear this alone but i tend to always apply more than i need so it can look like i have makeup on. Plus the color isnt exact match. But all in It is worth the hype. I do hate one thing and that is the doe foot applicator but its not that big of a deal.

pros:
full coverage
Feels super lightweight, not heavy
Looks natural if applied thin layers
stays put all dat
pretty big tube of product compared to other brands

cons:
big applicator and packaging i hate
very hard to control how much product your putting on the face.
can start to look cakey and drying under the eyes if too much is applied

Edit- after using this for awhile i am on the fence about it. I tried out the nars creamy concealer and soft matte, But those were not enough coverage(needs lots of layering)
So i still like this for full coverage but its not as good of a color match as nars cream brûlée for my skintone. light neutral is still a bit yellow on me and light is tad bit too light. Also i feel that i might be breaking out from this. i am very excited to try the too faced super coverage one next after i finish my nars radiant creamy concealer.

Edit got the too faced super coverage in nude. Its perfect. Its natural and full coverage that isnt as dry. Color matches better than light neutral and creme brule. BUT its not perfect, i hate how its so thick and its impossible to use just a tiny amount. I fell in love with Chanel Le Correcteur concealer in 10 beige. Its gel forma, wont crease or fade. Not heavy and doe foot is way better size.

on 9/26/2017 12:47:00 PM

This is such a hyped up product, I had rather high expectations. I have moderate dark circles and rather puffy under eye bags. My under eyes tend to be slightly dry and all concealers crease a bit on me as well. At first I hated this concealer but after learning how to use it, I've come to like it a bit more. This is a full coverage, matte concealer. I have to really prep my under eyes for this to look nice. I use a very small amount to avoid it looking cakey and dry. For me this is not an everyday concealer, it requires too much effort for it to look nice for me to use it everyday. I like the packaging and applicator. It comes with a good amount of product for the price. Unfortunately, it has a shelf life of only 6 months so a large amount of this will go to waste. Overall, I'm not sure I would purchase this again. It's nice and I love the coverage. It just requires too much maintenance and I hate the scent. It's very heavily fragranced. I'm not comfortable putting on my under eyes often due to that. I'm glad I tried it, but I do feel it's a bit over hyped.

Pros:
Great coverage.
Good amount for the price.
Less creasing than the average concealer.
Wears well. Very little to no fading. It stays put.

Cons:
Scent.
Short shelf life.
Becomes cakey fast.
Very drying.

Ok, I think it's just overhyped, didn't cover that well.

on 7/18/2017 7:38:00 PM

I wish I loved this as much as everybody else did but I just can't quite say that I do. I have really sporadic skin, like sometimes it's dry, but then other times it's super oily. In either case, I find this concealer to be very cake-y and too thick. It dries before I can really blend it in and creases really badly under my eyes. The other problem that I've found is that this oxidizes so so so much. It makes my undereyes look orange. It's even gotten to the point where half of the outside of my tube has started oxidizing and turning orange. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but I think I'll just stick to my NCC.

It's an ok product. A little goes a long way. Color payoff is good. It conceals and stays put, but it's so smelly! The perfume in this product is crazy strong which makes me feel bad for putting it on my skin! Tarte raves about being natural, but they're really not far from the other high end brands out there when it comes to being actually safe for the skin. Just because 5 out 50 ingredients are "all natural" doesn't make your products natural.

on 5/2/2017 5:31:00 PM

I hate that nearly every hyped item, ends up not working for me. I finally got ahold of this after it being sold out everywhere forever only to be disappointed. If it matched my skin better, I would like it a little more... But the second to lightest color is too dark and the lightest color is too light. At the price, I can't justify buying both shades to get my skin color.
I also did not find the coverage super special. It's not a bad concealer but just not as wonderful/amazing as I've seen other people describing. (not for me, anyway) I also cannot use this under my eyes, like I've seen practically everyone doing. I will say, I have yet to find a concealer I can use under my eyes because they are dry... but it's just frustrating.