Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 3/29/2018 10:18:00 AM

It may be easier if this came in a squeeze bottle, but that's because the formula is quite thick. What I do is dab a bit on a beauty blender and sort of bludgeon myself with it, haha. If I use the actual applicator to apply it, what I get is more of a thick spread - which I know is the effect most people go for if they're contouring, but it's too heavy-handed for me. Regardless, this is the closest match I've gotten to my skin color, so you work with what you get.

on 3/11/2018 3:20:00 PM

Lasts all day. Very brightening. High coverage. Love the applicator. Love. Only issue, it is drying as other people have said. I have allergies and have lines under my eyes, it does crease. That's why I can't give 5 Stars. I guess anything that high coverage is going to though.

on 3/7/2018 2:27:00 PM

If you have dark blue/purple undereye circles this WILL cover them like nothing else you have tried. It doesnt look like they are covered up but like this concealer just corrected the color. It does crease (im in my 30s) but very very little. Its a great product and I do recommend.

on 1/7/2018 1:09:00 AM

My under eye circles are SO bad that I usually have to wear 2 concealers to get full coverage. With this, I can wear it alone if I want to because the coverage is great. The only con is it is a little bit dry- so definitely moisturize under the eye before you apply it.

on 9/23/2017 3:21:00 PM

I definitely think this concealer lives up to the hype of looking very flawless and smooth on the skin, I've tried many concealers but this is the one I would choose out of all of them it's super full coverage, little goes a long way and looks so smooth and flawless and blends like a dream! It definitely has a brightening affect and just looks beautiful! This concealer may seem pricey but considering the amount you have to use which is a very small amount the price is justified! Go and try this you won't regret it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is really great... the coverage is definitely full coverage. I won't repurchase only because I don't need this much coverage. I actually like the Erase Paste way more for my go to. I recommend this concealer to anyone that needs high coverage.

*** I'm editing this.***
Ok, I have been using this for months now. I have learned how to use it I think. A TINY amount of ptroduct is needed to achieve full coverage. Sometimes it's a bit much, but other times I really need help. I'll probably buy again since it provides the desired coverage and matches my skin.

Original Review:I don't get it. I really don't. It's a concealer. What exactly does it do that is so special? I have the second to the lightest shade which I purchased to use under my eyes. It matches well with my skin so that's nice. It doesn't last long. It creases and wears off fairly quickly. The quest continues.

on 7/2/2017 7:25:00 PM

This stuff is pretty good. Be mindful that a little goes a VERY long way with this stuff, you really don't need much.

The packaging is cute and I do like the applicator.

I initially bought the fair/neutral shade and it was way too light for me, so I got light/medium honey after swatching it at Ulta, and that one worked a lot better.

While I would buy this again, I probably won't repurchase immediately after I run out because there are other brands I'd like to try.

on 7/1/2017 10:25:00 PM

I bought this concealer on a treat yo-self kind of day when I realized that my dark circles were getting too prominent to ignore after a long string of 8 AM classes. I didn't think too heavily about the price then, but in retrospect, it's pretty well worth it. Shape Tape is definitely a pricey concealer, but 1) you get a lot of product for your money and 2) the product lives up to the hype. Used properly (which, given that it's got a very heavy consistency), it does seem to conceal even the worst of facial sins. It is a little bit drying for me, but keeping up with a skincare routine makes that problem minimal at best.

Overall, great product. I tentatively say that I'd buy it again, given how expensive it is, but I have yet to find a drugstore alternative that works as well.

on 6/18/2017 8:36:00 PM

I break out the Shape Tape for days when I go full face, full coverage. It really does well in that respect, it is creamy and the right amount of thickness. I have not had issues with it creasing or caking in my undereye lines. I find it applies best with a beauty blender or with my kat von d under eye concealer brush. It is pretty long lasting as well. That being said, it looks very off if I just do concealer without foundation or with just powder, which I have been doing more lately. It is very obvious that I am wearing concealer. It definitely looks better with a full face. My other issue with it is that the doe foot is very large, I only put on two dots per eye. Any more and it is just too much. I will continue to buy for when I want to full face. My urban decay naked concealer works better for my day to day use.