Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 1/10/2017 4:29:00 PM

Love this concealer! Perfect in every way. Does not crease or wear off throughout the day. Finally someone gets a concealer right. It's really everything I have been searching for. Even the color is perfect! This will definitely be a staple in my makeup now.

on 12/29/2016 7:40:00 AM

I did a detailed review of the Tarte Shape Tape! Please check out my review & let me know what you think! I hope it helps you decide whether or not to try out the concealer!
Click the link below to view the review of the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer!

on 10/10/2016 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This concealer is absolutely amazing. I use it under my eyes and it does not crease whatsoever on me. I even use MAC Strobe cream under it just to brighten up my undereyes...and it still never creases!

It is a thicker formula but it covers everything. It doesn't look super heavy once it sets and it does not budge at all! I'm about an N20 right now and I chose the shade "Light". This shade is slightly too light for me but still blendable enough to not look obviously too light.

I've tried every concealer out there and this one has my heart! It does everything I ever wanted a concealer to do. It may seem slightly expensive, but it's worth every penny. Also, the size is huge for a concealer so it will last a long time!

on 10/7/2016 10:35:00 PM

Really, truly covers the worst dark circles. If I set it with a powder, it doesn't crease. I don't know what Tarte did to make this stuff so good, but my hat's off to them.

on 9/6/2016 11:17:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is an awesome concealer! It does not crease, the lightest shade is actually light enough for my pale skin (nc10) and it lasts all day looking flawless. I set it with the rcma no color powder and it brightens my undereye area looking perfect all day. It has full coverage and feels lightweight on the skin, blends out beautifully with a sponge or brush, both work well for me. A little goes a long way and you get a lot of product in the tube so definitely worth buying.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Well I certainly do not need another concealer just yet, but the buzz about this made me cave, and I am glad I did. I am pretty sure this will be one of my top 3 fave concealers, if not becoming holy grail (time will tell as seasons change..that is sometimes is a factor for me if a product works well/becomes holy grail or not). Blends in flawlessly, full coverage without looking cakey (I apply this and then bland with a beauty blender), does not break up as the day goes on (even with the current heat and humidity). Does not feel heavy on my skin, in fact, I even often forget that I have it on (some days when I do 'minimal makeup' I will just use a dab of this to cover blemishes/even out the skin tone). I detect no scent with this, which is a good thing for my sensitive nose and skin. Wear time for me is pretty much all day, definitely a good 10 - 12 hours for me before it begins to minimally fade away, and even then I can still see this 'doing it's job'.

I will say I am not a fan of the wand, it is awkward and it is chunky/chubby and also imo not sanitary, whereas I would rather this be a tube or a pump for sanitary purposes. But with this I just dip a clean q-tip or a clean concealer brush in and it is just fine. Even if I did not mind a wand, I just find the wand itself to be clunky/chubby/awkward. Almost like there could be a risk of wasting product because the wand/the sponge tip is quite large. But again, I use other application methods for this, so it is not a big deal. Coverage with this is pretty flawless and almost air-brushed effect for me...So I can overlook a chubby wand. :)

on 8/22/2016 6:44:00 PM

This is a great under eye concealer. It looks really smooth and doesn't crease. I don't even need to set it with powder since it dries down matte. Get a shade lighter than you'd typically get if you'd like more of a brightening effect. I'm about an NC25-NC30 and purchased the Light-Medium. It matches my skin color exactly so now I'm waiting for Light to be back in stock as I'd prefer it to be lighter under my eyes. If you see it in stock at Ulta or Tarte.com, get it while you can, as it will sell out quickly.

I love this concealer, it's my new favorite. I have always had dark circles and this hides them very well. It's also thick which I love. The price is pretty high but I will be repurchasing because it's the best on the market right now. This is my first product from Tarte.
I live in Northern Europe and I need to order this from USA tho.. Be careful guys, there are lots of fakes online.
If you are 35 and older, don't buy this. It will make you look older because it's so thick.

Also smells good.

I included a little tutorial on how you can use it :) And I think that I covered all the main points. Hope you like it :) Melissa

on 12/11/2018 1:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I love shape tape! It has great coverage and I love everything Tarte BUT I had to stop using it because it kept making my contacts dirty! If I got one little speck near my eye it was all over my contact! So beware contact wearers!!