Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 4/13/2017 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Omg this stuff is amazing! I had previously been using Rimmel's 2 in 1 brightening concealer but I was tired of how patchy it would get after a few hours. I decided to try this because of the insane popularity it's gotten. I got the shade in "fair neutral."

I have dark circles and have had them since I was 15. They're a huge insecurity of mine. I've tried NARS creamy concealer (creased), rimmel 2 in 1 brightening concealer (patchy after awhile), maybelline age rewind (no coverage), and loads others.

This stuff covers them SO well. It is definitely full coverage. It blends beautifully and it seriously lasts all day. By the end of my 8 hour work day my dark circles are still covered and the concealer hasn't creased into my fine lines.

It's rather pricy but it comes in a large tube so I think it's definitely a good bargain. You seriously don't even need to use a lot. I swipe the doe foot on the back of my hand and then use my fingers to put little dots underneath my eyes. I blend them out with my ring finger and my real techniques sponge.

Pros
Covers my dark circles
Doesn't crease
Lasts all day
Full coverage
Good amount of product for the price

Cons
Contains fragrance which could cause irritation
I've never liked doe foot applicators. It's a great way to get bacteria in the tube. I make sure to swipe it on my clean hand to counteract this.
Only Ulta exclusive, so if you don't have an Ulta near you it may be tough to find a color match.

I'm so happy that I've found a great concealer. If my opinion is to change then I will definitely update. Great job, Tarte!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Amazing. I use the shade deep. I am the shade Cuba in Nars Velvet Moisturizer, Cadiz in Nars foundation, Mocha in Too Faced Foundation. I must say this product is really worth all the hype. It covers dark circles really well without creasing or settling into any fine lines. It's very natural looking, and I love the sponge-like applicator.

The hype around this is real. Its awesome and works amazingly well. But its a thick formula that can be tough to work with. I find it works better with a damp beauty blender than a brush. (for me). You can even thin it out a bit with the Mario Badescu rosewater spray.(On the beauty blender) A little bit is all that is needed. I see a few beauty gurus slathering it on and I don't know how they make it look so good with a thick layer. It lasts all day on me. Doesn't make my eyes look crepy and it doesn't settle in any fine lines.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wow. A wonderful product. I live in Canada so this concealer is unavailable here and I have gone to great lengths to get my hands on it due to all the buzz around it. My personal verdict is that it does live up to its hype, maybe it evens surpasses the hype.
To begin, the wand is the biggest I've ever seen in a concealer. It's so huge that you need the tiniest dab of product to cover whatever needs to be covered. It smells flowery and pleasant (something to take into consideration if you are sensitive to perfume in cosmetics/have sensitive skin). It covers extremely well: I chose the shade Light (which has a pink undertone) and it is beautiful. It brightens my eyes while appearing very natural.
The selling point for me is the lasting power: I cannot believe how long this concealer lasts. It lasts all day long without a single crease and no oxidation whatsoever - which is usually an issue for me. I apply it with my ring finger and don't set it.
I've tried countless concealers and I find they always crease and turn into a nasty mustard color. This one is definitely HG status in my books.
If you live in the US (or are willing to pay an obscene amount of money for shipping - haha), you MUST try this product. I cannot imagine how someone would be disappointed by it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

One of the best concealers on the market. The hype is real! Worth the $24. Will buy again. Love!

on 2/23/2017 3:42:00 PM

Amazing high-coverage concealer. A little goes a very long way in concealing blemishes or under-eye circles, which is what I use it for (I think this is originally intended for highlighting/contouring). This is quite thick in consistency but easily blendable. However, you may need to work quick as it thickens up and becomes harder to blend into skin over time. I typically do one side of the face at a time and it's fine. This lasts all day and surprisingly does not crease, given how thick it is.

Packaging wise, this contains a generous amount of product and the high pigmentation means that it will likely take a while to finish. The wand is a little large and unwieldy, especially for dotting on blemishes, but can be worked around by dabbing your finger on the applicator then applying.

For reference I use the shade Light Sand and am a MAC NC15-20/Missha 21/Revlon Buff. It's a little light at first but blends in after a few minutes and has the perfect undertone for my olive-yellow skin.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This concealer really is worth the hype!
Its everything they say it is. Unfortunately as they're always sold out if any if the light shades on Tarte and Qvc, I had to buy from Ebay, which cost £43, but I'd pay it again in a heartbeat, I got the shade Fair Neutral, which is perfect for my NC 15 skin... The fair looked too light from online swatches, but this ones also very fair, but just perfect. It has very very full coverage, dries down flawlessly, and never creases!... Which I was amazed at, because it IS so full coverage you would expect it to. It also comes in a HUGE tube, which will last so long especially as you need the smallest amount. Love the large doe foot applicater too. Definitely recommend to everyone!!!!!! I'd never use another now, except on days when I'm not really fussed as I have a few to use up !!

I really love this concealer! It seems to live up to the hype it has generated. Too bad it's not sold yet in any stores in Canada. I purchased it online on the Tarte website. I decided on getting the shade Medium after looking at online swatches and watching reviews of the Shape Tape concealer from youtubers with similar skintones. The shade Medium works well for me and is yellow based. For reference, my skintone matches NC 44 and Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in Toasty Toffee. You only need small amounts of this concealer and it blends really well and doesn't look cakey. Many people compare this concealer to Nars Radiant Creamy concealer. I find Shape Tape provides better coverage and does provide longlasting coverage and it didn't crease in some of my fine lines. It does have a fragrance to it but I noticed the scent fades after 5 minutes. This retails for $31 CDN and is more economical to the Nars concealer, one only needs to apply a small amount of product and the tube contains 10mL of product.

on 2/1/2017 7:51:00 PM

I love this concealer set it with a powder MAN it lasts all day and great coverage .. my new favorite product... doesn't look cakey at all I'm 42 and this is doing it for me right now.. LOVE IT!

on 1/19/2017 9:03:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was in Ulta one day when a Tarte representative pointed out Shape Tape to me, explained it was a new product and how it was good coverage. So, I decided to give this a try and lucked out because they had only 2 of the Fair colors left (which is perfect for me as it matches my skin tone perfectly). It took a couple of applications before I got this down to a science. I use the tiniest dab of Shape Tape under my eye and blend it out with a flat concealer brush. The little dab is enough to do under one eye and feather out, inner corner and eyelid. I let it dry which doesn't take long because of a thin application. I don't use any setting powder unless it is hot or humid and the Shape Tape lasts all day until I remove it at night. The smell is pleasant, the packaging is convenient, applicator is nice and coverage is excellent. This Shape Tape will last me almost forever but when I do run out I will definitely be purchasing another! Can you tell I love this product!