Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 8/2/2017 6:15:00 PM

This was my second product to use from Tarte and man am I a convert! This concealer is very light and blends like a dream. If I end up having a good skin day sometimes I will just wear this around my eyes and it gives me a slight glow while maintaining coverage. I'm also a big fan of the scent! It's not chemical-y but a little soothing? I hate that these are like $20+ because I see why people want to use them for highlighting and contouring but the shape tape is worth the buy.

on 7/23/2017 1:33:00 AM

I love this concealer. It comes with so much, and a little goes a very long way. You can build it up or you can sheer it out. Creamy, smells AMAZING, beautiful finish, stays matte all day (and I'm still not sure how-- if tarte made a foundation with this formula I'd hop on it in a hot second), shade selection is GREAT, wonderful packaging... There's not many bad things I could say about it. The letters on the label come off after a few months, but that's kind of just wear n tear. The wand is a bit big for precise work, if you're using it to spot correct. Otherwise, great concealer.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- long wearing
- full coverage
- doesn't crease

CONS

- sets quickly

COMMENTS: Full coverage, long wearing concealer that sets quickly. Working in sections is recommended to make blending easier. A little goes a long way. It doesn't break up in warm weather or oxidize, either. Most importantly, it doesn't crease!

Will repurchase.

on 6/20/2017 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

This is the best concealer I have ever used for my under eyes that hide my moderate dark circles. It literally lasts all day. I wear NC43-45 foundation and use this concealer in Tan Sand. I later purchased the color Deep and use this shade for a slight contour and to mix with Tan Sand to get my perfect skin tone shade. A little goes a long way I don't even need to set it, but most times I set it with Laura Mercier powder very lightly. Prior to this I have used a ton of different (mostly drugstore) under eye concealers and many would look great but would not have the staying power I was looking for. I tried MAC Pro Longwear and it was average and changed color as the day went on. Orange under eyes are not cute! I returned it and got a different color. Still wasn't blown away. So after many attempts I ended up returning it and decided to give Tarte Shape Tape a try after perusing the many positive reviews. I'm so glad I did. It's now my HG.

on 5/29/2017 1:23:00 PM

I love this concealer. The coverage is beautiful, the finish is perfect, application is easy, a little goes a long way it's just great. I'm from the UK so it's a little expensive to buy due to customs and delivery but it's so worth it. It lasts forever, I've been on the same bottle for god knows how long, you really don't need much for full coverage though so keep that in mind. I would say that I don't like blending this with a damp beauty blender as it somehow makes my spots more visible but with a dry beauty blender this is perfect. My HG concealer I couldn't live without it.

Amazing

on 5/22/2017 1:24:00 PM

OMG OMG OMG one of my best purchase ever! I first discovered Tarte by chance when I was shopping at Sephora - the brand itself isn't very heavily marketed over at where I'm from so I hesitated for very long before taking a plunge and my first purchase was the Maracuja Creaseless Concealer. I loved that one and from then on I fell down the tartelette rabbit hole. After many online orders, I finally placed my order for the Shape Tape. It took me very long to decide on the shade as Shape Tape wasn't available off the shelf in my country, so I was lucky that the shade I ordered actually worked. I tried it on immediately as soon as it arrived and I FELL IN LOVE! This product is amazing, more so than the Maracuja Creaseless Concealer if I must say! Texture is comparable to the Maracuja one, but this has better staying power and it stays on the whole day even without baking / setting. I could not achieve the same result with my Maracuja Creaseless concealer so this win hands down in that department. This product also leaves a matte finishing, as compared to the Maracuja one which has a more dewy finish but because I produce oil easily I always need to set & bake if I were to use my Maracuja concealer. Bottom line is : I love love love shape tape concealer. I'm putting in another order for a darker shade so that I could contour with it ❤️

HG + dupe alert!!! I conducted a week long test of this in fair neutral ($25) vs. Wet n Wild Photofocus Concealer in light ivory ($4.00). As far as opaqueness of coverage resulting in wiping out my under eye circles, blendability and lasting power (all day w/ setting powder and spray which are the steps I use no matter the concealer) – these 2 are identical IMO. Color is close, but I didn't do this for a color comparison

Minor differences: easier to control the amount put on with WnW due to smaller doe foot applicator vs the HUGE doefoot applicator of Tarte. Major difference: price (see above)!

Had I been able to locate and test out WnW first, I may never have purchased Tarte, but I had a hard time finding WnW as my Walmart and CVS always seem to be sold out. Once I finally got my hands on it and did my week long experiment, I had buyer's remorse for Tarte....:P

Will I repurchase - nope - not when I can get the exact same coverage for way less :)

on 5/2/2017 4:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

It's Amazing it Covers up sooo goood !!!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Holy crap. Look no further. I've left plenty of concealer reviews, and have been more or less impressed by all of them, but this blows every other concealer out the water. Took me awhile to give in because all of the hype was a turn-off for me, as I'm usually let down by things with such rave reviews. But this truly is HG, best on the market.

It is a little thick, and I'm not a full coverage girl by any means. But once it sets, it doesn't feel like I have too much on my face. There is a little creasing, but nothing too obvious and far less (with much better coverage) than any other concealer I've tried.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer creases much more than this, and with less coverage. I find them to be about equally drying.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer has about the same amount of creasing, but also with less coverage and something about it just looks not as good as the Tarte (not to mention, you're paying more for UD for half the amount of concealer!)

Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer Creme is about equally drying, if not a little more. Provides slightly less coverage and just doesn't look as good as the Tarte overall, but not bad either. Tarte is easier to blend.

Wet N Wild Photofocus has more creasing and was drier for me. Also less coverage. Probably the closest drugstore option though.

There's just something about this concealer that is truly amazing!!