Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Contour Concealer

on 5/3/2018 7:04:00 PM

When I first bought this concealer I had issues with it. It never seemed to want to sit flawlessly on my skin the way everyone claimed it did! I also felt like it didn’t cover my dark, dark, dark circles as much as I thought a full concealer should unless I caked it on. When I caked it on, it creased and clumped and looked heavy. Honestly, I even started shopping around for new concealers.

I started watching YouTube videos to see if there were any “tricks” to making concealer look better and someone mention Jojoba oil. I ordered some and apply a tiny bit under my eyes and let it soak in for a couple minutes in the morning. Then I apply the concealer in triangles over my dark areas (think YouTuber triangles, but at 70% - you might have to trial and error what is a good amount for your skin) and pat it in with a DRY real techniques sponge. I look up with my eyes (to smooth out the lines under my eyes while I apply) and pat the concealer back and forth. It actually looks AWESOME now! I feel like it has to be the dry beauty blender trick because I’ve forgotten the oil a few times and it still looks good. Then days where I forget to switch sponges and accidentally apply with a damp sponge, I actually see a difference because I dislike how my make up looks! Just for reference I use the Rimmel powder (legit a tap into the product, tap off, then lightly tap over) - no baking for me.

Honestly, since discovering this “go to routine” my under eyes have looked great. If you had asked me a few months ago I probably would have given this product a 2 or 3, but now I love it!

This is a fabulous concealer, my go to concealer. It is perfect for concealing blemishes and under eye dark circles both under and over foundation application. This product does not crease at all and it doesn't look cakey. I would highly recommend this product it is fabulous and very long wearing. Perfect for all skin types

on 3/7/2018 1:52:00 PM

Actual witchcraft. Doesn't crease and holds onto blemishes all day (I had a huge pimple and this kept it beautifully covered!). Something about the giant doe foot makes applying this so easy and fun. The only thing I want to use.

I'm in love, y'all.

Before I start my review: my shade match is in Light Medium, which despite looking slightly pinker than the Nars Radiant Creamy in Custard on my hands, didn't really look any different from it on my face. I have combination to dry skin, with my undereye area fluctuating between dry and oily depending on the time of year (it's dry right now). I barely have any fine lines, but I do have mild darkness around my eyes and my nose and mouth that I like to colour correct with the Bobbi Brown colour corrector in Peach. And let me also tell you that any concealer I will ever use will be layered on top on this colour corrector, no matter how full coverage it is, and you can try and pry my Bobbi Brown from my cold, dead hands.

Anyway, now to the review: WHAT IS THIS SORCERY? How does this concealer not budge, patch up, crease or cake? It literally stays looking fresh for hours, and it's SO easy and quick to apply and work with. Love, love, love it.

How I apply it: I start with great skin prep. Vitamin C serum, lots of moisturiser (I use an especially thick moisturiser under my eyes), topped off with my favourite Avene emulsion sunscreen. I wait for all of this to sink into my skin (about 20 minutes) and then go straight in with my makeup. I'm not a fan of primers in general, but sometimes I'll use the Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow on top on my skincare if I'm feeling particularly frisky. I'll go in with my Bobbi Brown corrector, pat it out a thin layer of it under my eyes and other dark areas with my finger, let it set while I do my foundation (YSL All Hours mixed in with Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk), then I'll put tiny dots of concealer under my eyes, and around my mouth, and blend out with a beauty blender. Mind you, the Nars Radiant Creamy on me hates the beauty blender so I'd have to work that in with my fingers, but the Shape Tape loves my beauty blender, so all's good in the world again. I'll do my bronzer/blush/eyes next so that my concealer and foundation both get time to settle into any fine lines or whatever so I can blend those out and then go in with my Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish powder to set.

This is a gorgeous concealer that outshone any other high-end concealers I've ever used. I'd highly recommend lots of skin prep before using this to people with dry skin (which is good for your skin anyway). Otherwise, this is brilliant and I will repurchase when it runs out.

Guys, I think I've found The One. Shape Tape is hands down the best concealer I've ever invested in.
I bought it in the shade Fair early last July and it's still going strong at the end of January (it's probably a bio-hazard by now but I don't care)
I think the tube is 10ml? It's really quite a massive tube and a little goes a long way, so I'd definitely say it's well worth the $45NZD I paid.
The formula is thick and creamy. It's full coverage (which I NEED for my permanent raccoon eyes) but I find it quite easy to sheer out just by using less. I use a RT blending sponge to blend it. Oh, and did I mention it doesn't crease or transfer? AT ALL. My concealer still looks fresh AF when I remove it 16ish hours later. ST also plays well with my foundation. I've been using ELDW religiously for the last few months (btw, this one tube of concealer has nearly outlasted two bottles of foundation) and I don't notice any separating or difficulty to blend together.
I would rave on the streets about this concealer, it's just so good. I've already bought a second tube!

on 1/26/2018 5:25:00 PM

I love this unfortunately with me having dry skin on my cheeks it doesn't hydrate very well. but I do love what it does for my under eyes. I do feel like it is pricey but when I last bought some it was $30 I think now its like $28 or something

on 10/17/2017 10:24:00 AM

I really disliked this at first, but because I picked the wrong shade and used too much. When the skin is prepped well, and the concealer is used sparingly, it adds just the right amount of coverage and brightening, at least for the under eye area. I think picking the right shade is crucial for this one.

on 10/9/2017 1:20:00 PM

I have considered having fillers.under my eyes because my circles are so bad. Nothing seemed to work before I tried this (and I have tried everything from creams to liquids). I was sceptic at first because I tought that this couldn't be any better than all the products I have already tried. But it is. I don't know how. It doesn't crease and stays on all day. I use UD naked corrector underneath it (the pink one really brightens) and finally my horrible dark circles are hidden!

I absolutely love this concealer on days I'm wearing a full face of makeup, there's just nothing like it for my under eye area! It's definitely not for spot concealing but as an under eye concealer it works beautifully for me, doesn't crease or get weird and sets down very comfortably for long wear. A product for someone who really loves a full coverage look

on 9/14/2017 4:54:00 AM

I forgot to rate my last review so this is just a disclaimer