MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

MAC Iridescent Powder - Silver Dusk

4.2

on 9/16/2005 6:08:00 PM

Nice on the body. Can look "sweaty" on the face.

on 8/24/2005 9:05:00 AM

This review is for the loose powder form. Note that under highlighters, I've reviewed this and rated it a 3. As a highlighter, I'd rate it a 3, but only if I can wash it off right away to prevent it from clogging my pores. As a loose powder, it is extremely heavy and thick, not light and whispery like I think a loose powder should be. That is why I rate this a 2 as a loose powder, but under the highlighter reviews for this product, I've rated it a 3. I can best compare the consistency of this loose powder to that of Johnson & Johnson baby powder. It also feels the same on my skin as I'd imagine baby powder would. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is b/c it seems to be too comedogenic (pore-clogging) and b/c it is heavy. Also, I don't care for the messiness of loose powder. I'm not sure how they could have packaged it differently to avoid spilling the loose powder, but this is very frustrating, b/c it gets chunky. Perhaps they could put it in a container like a travel-size J&J baby powder, where you twist the top to expose the holes and lightly sprinkle out the amount you desire. I will say that the container's lid stays on tight, so that's why I rated packaging quality a 2 and not a 1. Since it seems very greasy on, I feel like I want to wash it right off as soon as I get home and as though my face is just waiting to break out in pimples from this. It has the effect of looking beautiful, but perhaps a tad too shimmery/shiny and slightly comedogenic. The price is very good because it lasts forever. IMO, this doesn't look like silver at all, more like a peachy silvery skin tone. I think if they drained it of all of its oiliness somehow, I would buy again, but only in pressed powder form.

on 8/24/2005 8:57:00 AM

This review is for the loose powder form. The reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is b/c it seems to be too comedogenic (pore-clogging) and b/c it seems heavy on my skin. Also, I don't care for the messiness of loose powder. I'm not sure how they could have packaged it differently to avoid spilling the loose powder, but this is very frustrating, b/c it gets chunky. I will say that the container's lid stays on tight, so that's why I rated packaging quality a 2 and not a 1. Since it seems very greasy on, I feel like I want to wash it right off as soon as I get home and as though my face is just waiting to break out in pimples from this. It has the effect of looking beautiful, but perhaps a tad too shimmery/shiny and slightly comedogenic. The price is very good because it lasts forever. IMO, this doesn't look like silver at all, more like a peachy silvery skin tone. I think if they drained it of all of its oiliness somehow, I would buy again, but only in pressed powder form.

on 8/3/2005 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

OK, call me stupid.... I got this really cheap from somebody on LJ, put it on my face as a highlighter... but it seemed too sparkly for a day look. After owning it for a couple months (and it making a freaking mess all over my counter - I will never buy loose MAC powder again. ugh!) anyways, after a couple months I get this bright idea to put a little bit in my foundation. I was so proud of myself for finding a use for this product... until I had used it (not a lot of it, I didnt want to be sparkle-face) for like a week. After a week, my -once in a while break out- skin became 'welcome to the land of a dozen massive red bumps'. It hurt like hell, and I'm still recovering. Stupid me using something thats basically body glitter on my face. sigh.

on 5/16/2005 8:49:00 PM

I have the irridescent loose powder in silver dusk. It's interesting, but in all honesty, I'm disappointed with it. I think that it is misleading to call it irridescent. Irridescent means that it breaks up the light and gives a rainbow-colored oil slick effect. This powder is just glittery. It's also VERY strong. Maybe I'd dust it over my shoulders or in my cleavage, but I can't imagine using it on my face. I'd say get fairylite pigment or Shu IR rainbow eyeshadow instead. If it were sold as a glittery powder, I'd probably give it a higher review. But as an irridescent powder, it falls short.

This was a rec for Valentine's Day. Because of nasal allergies and sinusitis,:( I have to be careful with loose powder, but when I use it I am picky! It is expensive, but as I won't use as my "staple" powder it will pay for itself...This is excellent quality. A definately pink with slight silver sheen, not over the top, a unique sexy sheen. Now if they would just make this particular color in compact form...

on 12/15/2004 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This stuff is great for brightening up my dull, winter skin. I have used it as an all over highlighter or sometimes just on my browbone or underneath my eyes. It really creates that glowy,angelic look:) You can use it lightly for a more natural glow, or layered for a more glam evening look. This is a very versatile product, and I will never use up the big container!

truth is, this is one of MAC's secrets.. it's soo gorgeous when applied PROPERLY. it's very simple, if u're going for a glow.. mix it in with a cream, liquid foundation, moisturizer or loose powder for the face.. do not apply directly on unless u are specifically looking for a metallic sheen. i feel this works for more of a color range than the gold version of this does. it's a very large amount and was once sold in an actually larger amount (unbelievable, i know.) i don't usually wear it all over but when i do it makes me wonder why i don't! also, putting this around the decollate emphasizes jewelry! the product was $18 when i bought it i believe, and now it's $19.50
here's a link:

on 9/11/2004 11:46:00 PM

I've tried SOOOOO many body shimmers before i bought this one. I was walking around sephora and the mall with both my arms covered with different body shimmers from almost every brand out there and i finally settled on this one. I liked it mainly because all my friends liked it the best on. haha..The particles are very fine. It's a silver/pink iridescent color and makes your body look very angelic. I apply this with a powder brush all over my body and chest after i put lotion on (it helps it stay on) I wore this on a date and my bf loved it! =) I wear this to clubs and people always notice it.. even in the dark! With the help of the lotion, the stay power is pretty good, even after clubbing/dancing its still there. Another PLUS is that it's cheaper than all the other brands...US $19.

on 8/6/2004 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a pink/beige loose powder that can be used as a highlighter. I apply it over my blush for sparkle. Compared to Mac Mineralize Powders, this is definetely a lot more glittery than a mild shimmer. A light hand is needed.