MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk
Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

4.2

this powder makes me look liked a disco ball. & i find that the shimmers r hard to blend. making my face look patchy. will not rec this

Not that I've needed to purchase again, but I would! It lasts forever, and a little goes a long way. During the day i mix with my foundation, and use to highlight my eyebrows, and in the evening I use it with some cheek stain and on my arms and chest.
Looks great!

I recently bought this highlighting powder after remembering i had used it years ago and to my surprise MAC still made it, so i was sold! I use this product mainly at night to highlight my cheekbones and collarbone. This looks phenomenal layered over bronzer (i use benefit hoola and also victoria's secret in "glow 3") on the cheekbone and even a tiny bit on the apple of the cheek (but be careful, you dont want to be too shimmery). It looks especially great in pictures because it gives that nice glowy/radiant look. It can be worn during the day but very sparingly and its so versatile as a body shimmer, face shimmer/highlighter and eyeshadow. I love to use a teeny tiny bit on a Q tip on the inner corners of my eyes to brighten up my eyes if i haven't had enough sleep. This is my HG highlighter.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Okay, I decided to give this powder a go because it had good reviews here, but unfortunately, the silvery specks in it are not milled finely enough for me. I can see "scary sparkles" on my face and I just used a touch of it, with my Mac 184 brush. Back it goes!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

OK ... this powder is the bomb. It really gives me a super glowy look. Yes, if you examine it closely, it looks scarily sparkly but on the skin, unless someone *examining* your face, it just looks like glow. Here is my recipe for a super glowy look (so effective that my assistant, who is a make up artist (and knows from glow), asked me how I did it):

jojoba oil all over the face (under my sunscreen)

sunscreen - I use DHC's White Sunscreen

DHC's olive oil around the eyes and across the top of the cheekbone - if you don't want to use either oils then eye cream is fine but obviously not a matte one

Laura Mercier's Secret Weapon or YSL Touche Eclat on the whole eye area

Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder around the eyes

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals (small amount, really buffed in, with more applied to "problem" areas with a fluffy e/s brush)

MAC's Iridescent powder - I concentrate on the v from the cheekbones to the temple

NYC's Jamaica Me Crazy on the cheeks, with a very small amount on the forehead, down the center of the nose and on my chin

Glow on!

I absolutely LOVE this. Silver Dusk is a very flesh-toned pink (nearly a champagne color) shimmery highlighter. I also use this as an eyeshadow wash alone or over other colors for a little extra glam. Itís milled very finely and itís easy to pick up too much on your brush. I use a fan brush and then tap off the extra powder before applying to my cheek/temple area, and a larger powder brush for the decolletage. Works beautifully with my PPP skin, not too frosty-cool looking or too Hawaiian-tan looking. Love and will repurchase if MAC still has this when I run out...which could potentially be years, thereís a lot of product and a little goes a long way.

$20, 0.42 oz
NC20, light green eyes, brownish/blonde hair continued >>

on 5/30/2006 8:47:00 AM

I love this stuff, I've had the same tub for at least 2 years now, so although I would repurchase I don't know that I'll ever have to. I use this as an eyeshadow as well as a body highlighter. Too shimmery/sparkly to use on cheeks.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Its prom season and all the MA were using this on many girls. The girls looks so pretty and glowy. So I didn't think about twice and bought me a jar of this silvery loose powder. It really looks great on me NC30. I highly recommend it. Very nice! This was used on the temple and above the cheek bone. Perfect glow.

I have both silver dusk and bronze, and the trick to using these is to dip a big powder brush in it...then wipe the bottom of the brush along the side of the container and even tap the brush a few times. So you cannot see any of the product on the brush. Then very very lightly sweep over the areas you want to highlight. I repeat this two or three times and the result is amazing. A beautiful sublte glow. When you apply it proporley, it looks natural and dewy. If you stick your brush in it and put it on your face and/or press your brush hard against your skin, you will end up looking like tin foil. For application, less is so much more! (To remove excess, I even blow on the powder brush sometimes just incase, because it is so highly pigmented [the bronze anyway])

I love Silver Dusk. I've had my tub of it for years, and it is still over 75% full. It's sort of a beigey-pink shimmer on the skin, definitely cool toned. It's pretty sparkly, so it's too much for daytime use but it's great for evening looks. It's gorgeous mixed with a bit of moisturiser and used on your collarbone/chest area. I also use it on my cheekbones sometimes, or dusted lightly on top of eyeshadow (though I have heard it isn't eye-safe, I have never had any problems using it this way). Great alternative to glitter, and I think it's prettier too.