MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk
Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

4.2

on 10/29/2002 7:25:00 PM

Silver Dusk is just gorgeous -- very fine powder with tee-tiny sparkles. I wouldn't wear this on my face, I don't think, but use it as a body shimmer.

on 11/25/2002 11:49:00 AM

This stuff is so cool. My most fun MAC product.

It's very finely milled... makes whatever skin surface i use it on look frosty and sexy.. Good for legs, shoulders, chest, eyes, cheek highlight... wherever.. its just so fun!

on 12/2/2002 1:43:00 PM

I recently picked up this iridescent powder by MAC. At first I wasn't quite sure how I would use it...but now I find I'm using it everyday!

It's a light shimmer which I tend to use over my matte blush colors. I apply it to my cheekbones - adds an extra sparkle but not a glittery sparkle - it's just right.

I also dab a little on my browbone when going out in the evening.

I work in a corporate environment and I wear this almost everyday so it's not an overkill glitter.

I highly recommend! And you use so little of it it's sure to last forever!

It's not natural on your face, it's glam. Looks as beautiful as Sephora glitters, but far more product for your money, and it sticks fairly well. Gorgeous twinkling glimmer. Sexy shine on your body. This color has a light warm almost pink base and lightening effect. For a sunnier look, get the same product in golden bronze.

on 12/29/2002 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had my Silver Dusk for years and I have not made a dent in it. This is so versatile, a shimmery silver toned loose powder that is not too glittery, nor too cool toned for my yellow toned skin.

You can use it as a highlight on the cheekbones, on the browbone, but my favorite way to use this, is mix it with a little Johnson and Johnson's Baby Oil Gel and smooth it on my arms. Especially during the summer when my arms are tan, it looks SO GOOD.

on 1/8/2003 2:52:00 PM

oooohhh i received Silver Dusk in a swap and immediately fell in love with the shimmery iridescent light pink powder. I use this powder on my eyes and cheeks for a snowy, sparkly look. I didn't find the powder to be too overbearing, it added the perfect amount of shimmer to my face. Try this over Mac Angel blush and it's to die for! I must get more!

I love this stuff! Most sparkle dusts never come on as noticable as this one! MAC got Silver Dusk right on the money. It's more of a pinky irridescent color than silver/white but I love that! It's gorgeous!!!

on 1/16/2003 6:40:00 PM

This is a really nice shimmer powder. It is silvery with undertones of grey and pink, but it goes on silvery. When on, it doesn't look like powder, just looks like diamond dust all over! Subtle enough for work, but glittery enough for a club! It lasts all day (which is nice, because some shimmer powder rubs off easily). And the tub it comes in is pretty sizeable, so this could last me forever. Has a sifter top to keep things neat, but I wish it came with a powder puff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was very disappointed in this product. Silver Dusk is a loose shimmer powder that looks pinky silver in the jar but just goes on silvery. Way too shimmery for the face too. You can only use it on the body. Not a very unique product!

on 1/17/2003 11:29:00 PM

This is a gorgeous shimmer powder, IMO, but definitely more for use on the body instead of the face. It appears a little pinkish in the container, but goes on a super shimmery silver. Blend it down to tone down the shimmer or add more for more shimmer.