MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

4.1

on 1/30/2003 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like this stuff. Huge container that I would never finish though--I swapped most of it away and kept a small amount for myself. It gives a very nice silvery sparkle to the skin, and it works even with my medium skin tone as long as I don't use too much. I like it on my neck, collarbones, and cleavage :), and I also like it on my face. A very light dusting on cheekbones is night, and it's great as a browbone highlighter or to layer a little sparkle over eyeshadow. Everyone needs a little pixie dust in their lives!

on 1/17/2003 11:29:00 PM

This is a gorgeous shimmer powder, IMO, but definitely more for use on the body instead of the face. It appears a little pinkish in the container, but goes on a super shimmery silver. Blend it down to tone down the shimmer or add more for more shimmer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was very disappointed in this product. Silver Dusk is a loose shimmer powder that looks pinky silver in the jar but just goes on silvery. Way too shimmery for the face too. You can only use it on the body. Not a very unique product!

I love this stuff! Most sparkle dusts never come on as noticable as this one! MAC got Silver Dusk right on the money. It's more of a pinky irridescent color than silver/white but I love that! It's gorgeous!!!

on 1/8/2003 2:52:00 PM

oooohhh i received Silver Dusk in a swap and immediately fell in love with the shimmery iridescent light pink powder. I use this powder on my eyes and cheeks for a snowy, sparkly look. I didn't find the powder to be too overbearing, it added the perfect amount of shimmer to my face. Try this over Mac Angel blush and it's to die for! I must get more!

on 12/29/2002 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I had my Silver Dusk for years and I have not made a dent in it. This is so versatile, a shimmery silver toned loose powder that is not too glittery, nor too cool toned for my yellow toned skin.

You can use it as a highlight on the cheekbones, on the browbone, but my favorite way to use this, is mix it with a little Johnson and Johnson's Baby Oil Gel and smooth it on my arms. Especially during the summer when my arms are tan, it looks SO GOOD.

on 10/29/2002 7:25:00 PM

Silver Dusk is just gorgeous -- very fine powder with tee-tiny sparkles. I wouldn't wear this on my face, I don't think, but use it as a body shimmer.

on 10/20/2002 8:10:00 PM

Very pretty, but a little too much glitter for my face. Nice to add shimmer to shoulders & chest though, I think. Goes on sheer with lots of very fine silver shimmer.

on 9/28/2002 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Another beautiful (loose) powder by MAC. Finely milled so it goes on nicely and you can add layers to get more "oomph". Leaves an irridescent shimmer. The powder itself is a pinky/silver. I've used this on eyes, face, chest, shoulders, etc. Stunning!