MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk
Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

4.1

truth is, this is one of MAC's secrets.. it's soo gorgeous when applied PROPERLY. it's very simple, if u're going for a glow.. mix it in with a cream, liquid foundation, moisturizer or loose powder for the face.. do not apply directly on unless u are specifically looking for a metallic sheen. i feel this works for more of a color range than the gold version of this does. it's a very large amount and was once sold in an actually larger amount (unbelievable, i know.) i don't usually wear it all over but when i do it makes me wonder why i don't! also, putting this around the decollate emphasizes jewelry! the product was $18 when i bought it i believe, and now it's $19.50
here's a link:

on 9/11/2004 11:46:00 PM

I've tried SOOOOO many body shimmers before i bought this one. I was walking around sephora and the mall with both my arms covered with different body shimmers from almost every brand out there and i finally settled on this one. I liked it mainly because all my friends liked it the best on. haha..The particles are very fine. It's a silver/pink iridescent color and makes your body look very angelic. I apply this with a powder brush all over my body and chest after i put lotion on (it helps it stay on) I wore this on a date and my bf loved it! =) I wear this to clubs and people always notice it.. even in the dark! With the help of the lotion, the stay power is pretty good, even after clubbing/dancing its still there. Another PLUS is that it's cheaper than all the other brands...US $19.

on 6/28/2004 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my all-time favorite highlighting powders. This is a beautiful translucent powder with a refined silvery pink shimmer. It give my skin the perfect dewy wet look. This is a high quality, versatile powder (I also use this on the eyes and lips). A must have!!!

on 5/8/2004 5:46:00 PM

If you use a large powder brush and dust sparingly across your cheeks this can give a sweet, innocent "dewy" look. It is also nice for setting eye shadows because the powder is so finely milled and it reads as a more neutral shimmer rather than all-out silver. However, I have to say, out of pure laziness, I prefer to get my "dewy" looks from easier to use cream or liquid products.

on 4/18/2004 10:27:00 AM

I absolutely love the color.. like everyone said, its a beige shimmer powder with some slight pink and silver tones. Looks gorgeous on and its very versatile but it doesn't stay on. I can put some on.... and 5 seconds later most of its off already :(

Maybe I should try putting it on with a lotion I guess??

on 8/6/2003 7:19:00 PM

Fantastic. I can see how a lot of people dislike this, but I do. It looks in no way natural. The shimmer is very obvious. I love it.
(I should say now that my skin is incredibly pale. I have to wear spf 45 on cloudy days. All my regular foundations are either 10 or 15, and the 15 is too dark. This colour may not look very good on darker skin, but I don't know. I think they make bronzes and golds too...)
I mix this with my W10 loose face powder and wear it all over my face. The shimmer difuses light and makes my skin look flawless, without foundation.
The price tag is high, but for the amount in the package it's an awesome deal.

on 7/7/2003 5:35:00 PM

This product is awesome! It has so many uses--- eye shadow, highlighter, can be mixed with lotion to make skin glisten; pretty much anything you want to do with it. It's a nice shimmery/sliverish color--- I don't really notice a color as much as it just adds shimmer. A little goes a looonnng way with this. I think I'll have this container forever- and I used it almost everyday! If I ever run out though you can bet I'll buy it again... can you tell I love it?

on 4/27/2003 4:39:00 AM

I really wanted to love this- I'm a sucker for highlighting shimmer products- but I was a bit disappointed.
You get a lot of product, which makes this excellent for using on the collarbones and shoulders- the only place where I would actually wear it. The tub would last forever if you just applied it to your face.

The powder looks like a beautiful silvery pink, but when applied is a simple metallic silver. Also, it has a *very* metallic sheen on my skin, rather than a soft glow which is what I'd prefer. Made my face feel almost greasy, or looked it anyway!
continued >>

on 1/16/2003 7:50:00 PM

I really wanted to love this- I'm a sucker for highlighting shimmer products- but I was terribly disappointed.

The powder looks like a beautiful silvery pink, but when applied is a simple metallic silver. Very boring. Also, it has a *very* metallic sheen on my skin, rather than a soft glow which is what I'd prefer. Made my face feel almost greasy, or looked it anyway! continued >>

on 12/2/2002 10:52:00 PM

Not the most flattering highlighter powder I've used. The colour looks like a beige-pink in the tub, but when applied is a shimmery silver gleam. I would have preferred it to have retained more pinky-beige, as the silver seems too harsh and futuristic. The tub is absolutely huge, and would probably be more appropriate to use on the body- decolletage, shoulders etc. On the face it's just too shiny.