MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

MAC Cosmetics Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk
Iridescent Powder (Loose) - Silver Dusk

4.2

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This product is a superb silver shimmer that can be used many ways. I have both this one & the golden bronze. It looks great whether applying a little or a lot. The container is huge & I have had it for several years and I am not even halfway through it.

on 1/14/2009 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the product that I have no idea how to make it work. Its all glitters, huge ones, like the one you use to spread on your body during Christmas party. I asked the SA for a highlighter on top of my cheek bone, and she tell me to get this. This is NOT the one. I'm not sure how people can pull this off.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Silver Dusk.

People tend to say there is lots of glitter in it, but I love it the way it is.
It is expensive, of course, but the ammount makes it worthy.

When you first open it, you see something in a nude color, pinkish-like, but when you apply on your skin, it shimmers beautifully.

I think it is a good option for the face ( it shows wonderful in pictures) and body.

on 9/9/2008 1:01:00 PM

I have this and I do like it but it is expensive.However it does look lovely on and I think it'll last ages so it might work out to be worth the money.

on 8/29/2008 8:12:00 PM

This is an amazing powder. I really love this. I have very pale, swedish sort of skin and this is great for me in the winter when Im to pale for Golden Bronze (which I also LOVE). I have never experienced the disco ball effect others talk of, I find this powder perfect always and Im not to carefull about application I just slap it on with a big Kabuki and it always looks amazing. I have had this for about 3 years and use it every day in the middle of winter, and it is still nearly full. I would deffintly by it again even though in NZ its quite pricey, but it lasts forever and I cant imagine Ill use it up for another ten years!!!

A friend and I recently bought this in the silver and golden. We learned a few lessons while trying them out. From my experience, this product only looks good on FAIR skin. Her skin is medium and it looked like body glitter on her. She definitely needed the gold. Also, you need to use a very fluffy brush and apply with a LIGHT hand. (Unless you're going for a sweaty, disco ball style) Tap the brush until it basically looks like theres no product on it, dont worry, it will show when you apply it. A bit too sparkly, but pretty.

this is a wonderful highlighter, and i'd recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. this looks best in the summer as i wind up looking a little 'frosted' in the winter when my complexion is lighter. for the amount of product you get and the versatility you can have with this, it's worth every penny.
i dust a little on my cheekbones, and i use it in the inner corners of my eyes, and it brightens my entire eye area. i buffed this onto my arms and legs when i went to the beach, and it looked stunning.
the only problem i have with this product is the packaging. i occasionally travel here and there, and a plane ride later, there's product everywhere when i open the jar. trying to get it back through the sifter is no easy task either.
other than that, this is amazing.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product gets my vote, with one important caveat: the key with this stuff is controlled and careful application. The first time I played around with it I dusted it over my face with my #129 brush and it looked okay in the bathroom light, but when I took my mirror outside and checked myself out in the truthful light of day, I realised that I looked like a sweaty drag queen. From this, I learned a few things, namely to dust it only lightly on the cheekbones, browbone and very lightly around the eyes, and to avoid dusting it on the forehead (which I found the cause of the sweaty look). Also, I really wouldn't wear this during the day because it is a bit too disco glam for daylight. For a more subtle all-over shimmer, I recommend ModelCo Shimmer Airbrush Illuminator. You can control the amount of shimmer by spraying the can further or closer to your face and body. A light spray of this over the face and body sets the look and doesn't leave you looking like a disco tragic.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product after having terrible results with Belightful iridescent pressed powder, which was way too glittery for me. A great SA recommended this to me as an alternative. I wish this were a pressed powder for easier usage, but overall the loose format is worth the effect. I don't usually use this during the day, but I have and it's really not over-the-top if used sparingly and really buffed in. I found the "glitter", or in my opinion, "larger shimmer" to be way smaller than those in Belightful. The overall effect is a coolish ethereal shimmer and it's my second favorite highlighter, (the first being WnW AOS! =O) Great night-out highlighter and would purchase again!

This is becoming one of my fav MAC products. It looks extremely gorgeous if applied correctly. I use it with my 184 brush and it looks perfectly glowy on my skin. I will definitely repurchase.