CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

CLINIQUE Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer
Pep-Start Hydroblur MoisturizerPep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer

3.3

Water, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-1, Acetylated glycol stearate, Myristyl Myristate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter,Hypnea Musciformis Extract,Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silesquioxane Crosspolymer, Gellidiela Acerosa, Sigesbeckia Orientalis Extract, Alcaligenes Polysaccharides, Algae Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Squalane, Ceramide NP, Beeswax, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Caffeine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trehalose, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated polyisobutene, Hydrogenated lecithin, Sodium polyacrylate starch, Pentylene Glycol, Laureth-9, Laureth-23, Silica, Silica silylate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Benzoate, Red 4 (ci 14700), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

on 11/11/2017 8:40:00 AM

Got this with a GWP. No way in hell will I try it though because they added Myristyl Myristate which causes breakouts. So disappointed.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my 6th-7th moisturizer from Clinique and this part of my review applies to every single one of them: Too. Much. Silicone. I have some worries about silicone like while it instantly makes the skin smoother, it feels like a skin make-up so to speak. Not change the skin but gives the illusion it has by making the surface get softer, like a wax. There isn't enough research on silicones so I can't say it does for sure but based on how my skin responds to silicone-rich moisturizers, I feel like they dry the skin in the longterm. I can still ignore the silicone if it's not listed high on the ingredients list but in every Clinique moisturizer it's high on the list, sometimes more than one silicone like this moisturizer.

The texture of this moisturizer is quite thick but that didn't bother me. No irritation. I think it would make a good primer before make-up indeed. I have combination skin with cheeks area that is a little on the dry side and t-zone that is a little on the oily side. I would say this moisturizer is for normal skin. It didn't do the best job on my cheeks but also didn't get my t-zone oilier than it is.

P.S. If you're wondering why I still shop at Clinique although I'm not satisfied with any of their moisturizers, it's really just because they make some good promotions. This should be a model to other brands.

P.P.S. I know I already talked about silicones but I genuinely don't understand why Clinique has many different moisturizers and STILL not make one that doesn't have silicone. That one I would actually purchase without needing a promotion. Other ingredients are really good in Clinique's moisturizers, just leave out silicones in a moisturizer for once for those of us who don't like them?

on 8/20/2017 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I hate the consistency of this. As others have written, it is like a type of primer in its consistency...it reminds me of a dried up gel-cream. It is ok moisturizing my combo-oily skin, but i don't see any pore blurring or priming effects. I had a travel size and I wouldn't purchase the regular size.

on 7/19/2017 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This really isn't a moisturiser. I use it as a primer, and for this purpose it's fine. It's like a light version of the Clarins Lisse Minute / Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch, but you get more product for less money. Very siliconey!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this product since ot keeps my face hydrated during the hole day. I have an oiliy skin so my skin turned greesy sometimes , especially durin the summer season. Although i didnt quite see the brur effect , i trust clinique . It is a good moisturizer for a daily use. Nothing extraordinary.

on 5/22/2017 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This reminds me of what might happen if you mixed a moisturizer with Benefit Porefessional. It's like a hybrid moisturizer and primer, and it's got that silky, silicone feel. Probably not moisturizing enough for those with dry skin for most of the year (it's probably fine in a balmy summer climate), but used on top of a light moisturizer it makes an okay canvas and eliminates the need for a primer, at least for me. Doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It's good enough that I would use up and would use GWP, samples, etc., but would not go out and purchase on its own.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Not sure of the purpose of this besides a moisturizer as it did not blur my pores or work that well as a primer. Instead I found it sticky and slightly gooey on my face and I have mostly N/D skin right now with some slight oil on my chin by night time. I hate the jar; this should really be in a pump. This gets under my nails-yuck. The texture is really thick and it is unscented. I'm glad others get a blur effect but for me this did not work and it will be going back.

on 3/13/2017 3:27:00 PM

I received a deluxe sample of this in my Sephora bonus Pep Start Full of Pep Set. My first problem with this is the texture. It reminds me of the icing that comes in a can of cinnamon rolls. Application is very sticky and unpleasant. It feels like applying straight silicone to your face. It does not "blur imperfections" as it promises. Yes, it does moisturize. Yes, it has been kind to my sensitive skin. The problems are that it is gummy and it does not minimize pores, dry patches, or blemishes. I still have to use a concealer.

It works really well as a primer, but it's not moisturizing enough to replace your regular moisturizer. I find by the end of the day, the skin around my mouth is really dry and tight.

on 3/7/2017 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Strange product. Not very moisturing at all but it serves a different purpose for me. I use this when I'm heading to the gym or if I'm running out quickly and just want my skin to look a bit better and stay mattified (but not crazy fake matte). This is absolutely amazing if you're not wearing makeup but also don't like a bare face. I put this on before my sunscreen (I don't leave the house without it on) and my skin actually looks great even after sweating at the gym. I have a super shiny, oily t zone and am really impressed at how this held up. I also have combo dry cheeks and there was no issue with dryness. Definitely recommend this. I honestly haven't tried it with real foundation. It's fine with powder and concealer but it really works well alone making you look like your natural skin is just that much better. Would repurchase.