Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation

Urban Decay All Nighter Foundation

3.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water/Eau), Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Lauryl Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopherol.All Shades May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Review (Main Points):
- Natural matte full coverage finish
- Thin consistency
- Dries quickly and easily absorbs into the skin
- Applies lighter and then oxidizes to normal color
- Price: around $40
- Hard to cover texture due to thin consistency
- A little goes a long way
- Absorbs oil
- Long wearing
- Looks better the more it's blended out and after sitting & oxidizing on the skin
- Could be difficult to apply and manipulate if trying to cover a lot of skin issues
- Great for special occasions
- Does not need to be set with powder
- Doesn't oxidize or turn orange throughout the day
- Shade 5/6 good for nc35-42
- Good shade match and slight yellow undertone
- Cute and durable packaging

See it in Action! Full Tutorial & Demo:

on 8/2/2016 8:45:00 PM

to me even if you were oily i think you would be better off mixing marc jacobs remarcable with it cc cream or anti redness for the skin benefits ............marc jacobs is also a greater value since it is a concentrate just need a couple of dots lasts forever

on 8/2/2016 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love Urban Decay skin products, so I was excited to try this one. The Naked Skin foundation has been my HG for over a year now, and I also use the Naked concealers and correctors. I have occasional breakouts, PIH and severe dark circles. I have combination skin that leans more to the dry side, but I live in a very hot and humid climate so I thought the oil control could be helpful.

First, the colors aren't a perfect match to the regular Naked Skin foundation. 3.25 is a perfect match for me in Naked Skin, but it's a touch too light in the All Nighter. I applied it using the new UD All Nighter Brush. It's a significantly thicker texture than Naked Skin, and doesn't have the same melt-into-your-skin feel. It does have strong coverage without needing to build it up, but the look isn't nearly as natural. Perhaps my skin isn't oily enough to really let the product shine?

Despite being water resistant it was easy to wash off with cleanser, and it hasn't bothered my sensitive skin. I think I'll keep it to use for times when I really need bulletproof foundation, but Naked Skin will remain my daily choice. I'm on the fence about whether or not I'd buy it again, but leaning towards no.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My skin: Extremely oily, large pores, redness.

This foundation is matte and very pigmented. A little bit goes a long way. Start by applying little dots and add more as you need. I used the Real Techniques Expert Brush. It looks better than with a sponge.

I did get oily but the foundation didn't break down. Most foundations breakdown on me within a few hours. After I touched up with powder it looked really nice. The oil control is not as good as ELDW Stay In Place. I recommend it for people with normal-oily skin. For people with extremely oily skin it will require touch ups throughout the day.

For reference I did try it on a hot humid day.

You can watch my demo here:

on 7/30/2016 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've been using this foundation for a few days now and absolutely love it. My skin is extremely oily, acne-prone, with a good number of acne scars, and it's really hard for me to find a foundation that stays put throughout the course of the day and doesn't make me look like an oil slick. Estee Lauder Double Wear is the closest thing I've found but I strongly prefer this UD foundation as it covers even better but at the same time, looks more natural. Due to using Retin-A, I also have a few dry patches, but this UD foundation does not exacerbate the dry patches.

I apply using a beautyblender and am very happy with how it applies -- the coverage is fantastic, covering many of my scars, and it applies very smoothly and doesn't cake when I use my beautyblender. Note: I have not tried using my fingers or a foundation brush to apply this foundation as I prefer to use a beautyblender when applying any foundation. I'm not sure how it would apply using fingers or a brush, but I definitely recommend application using a beautyblender as that's worked really well. Shade 4.0 is a perfect match for my MAC NC30/NARS Sheer Glow in Punjab/NARS TM in Alaska/Estee Lauder 2W2 Rattan skin tone. The best thing about this foundation is that after a long work day, the foundation hasn't caked up or pooled up, and I'm much less shiny than I normally am after a long day. No breakouts so far; if this causes any breakouts, I'll be sure to edit.

Highly recommended for other oily skin gals who are always looking for a foundation that stays put, has fantastic coverage, yet looks natural!

on 7/30/2016 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this yesterday from Ulta with extremely high hopes. This foundation claims to absorb excess oil, and be sweat-proof, and waterproof. Unfortunately, all of the colours are either too chalky or too orange (i'm literally the colour of a brown paper bag). I found a yellow-y color that blends in well with a tinted finishing powder, and it didn't look bad (shade 6.0). Abut three hours later, I noticed is sliding around my face and caking up, sinking into pores and creases, and looking overall....pretty terrible. I'm not extremely oily, only moderately, and I spent the entire time in an air-conditioned building. I will be returning this! For $40, i'll just stick with my Estee Lauder Double Wear, that stuff's magic.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been using this for two days and so far I'm really loving it. This has so many good qualities so I hope this never gets discontinued.

Let me go a little bit into my own personal needs. I'm very oily but at times do experience dehydration and flakes. I have very dark circles and mild adult hormonal acne. I also have three chicken pox scars on my forehead and two acne scars on my jawline. Not the best skin so I often times look for foundations with medium to full coverage. I can tell you this, if you have any of the above skin problems, this is a foundation you need!

I want to begin discussing the finish of this foundation. It claims that it is a matte finish. I will agree that it is matte. However, it's not as matte as ELDW or Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse. Out of all of the foundations that I can compare it to, it's very similar to Diorskin Forever foundation. What I mean is that yes, it is a matte finish but it has a very slight skin finish to it. I want to say a very small hint of a blurring effect which takes off the harsh edge of a matte foundation. I personally adore the finish of this All Nighter foundation. You put this on and you look in the mirror and you will say "Damn I look good!"

Moving on to shade selection and tones. I was assuming that this foundation would be complimentary to the current UD numbered shades. I can tell you that they do run similar but they are not the same. For instance, the whole numbers are still warm tones and the off numbers are still cool. The slight difference is that the shades in the All Nighter are a bit lighter than the shades in Naked Skin. Don't worry too much about that because this foundation does oxidize and if you browse reviews on this, almost every single person said it oxidized on them. That is true with me as well. So even though my shade seemed a hair too light at initial application, it oxidized to the correct color in about 20 minutes. The one issue that did bother me was my specific shade. I'm 6.0 in Naked Skin which is considered medium w/ olive tones. 6.0 in All Nighter is much more warm/yellow. It reminds me of my MAC shade which is NC40. Not a 100% spot on match because it doesn't have that slight beige/green undertone to it like the Naked Skin shade. When I complete my full face, you can't tell that it's not a 100% match but I'd say it's pretty darn close to being perfect.

Now I would like to talk a bit about staying power. Most of us in the US are dealing with high summer temps with a lot of humidity. It was already at 92 yesterday morning and I didn't have to blot this at all! I had it on all day and up until around 10PM. Because I'm so oily, I usually have to go home after work and redo my face before I head back out again. With this foundation, I don't have to do that. A great foundation in the summer but also I think year round too. I'm using a product with glycolic acid at the moment and I'm experiencing some flakes on my forehead. This foundation didn't cling onto any of the flakes. Not too shabby!

Lastly, is the real kicker which is the coverage. Oh my! Wow, this stuff is serious business when it comes to coverage. One pump and it covered everything. It even blurred out my chicken pox scars.

I would also like to mention something about the ingredients. The good thing is that it doesn't contain a lot of alcohol which causes irritation and bumps for me. The bad thing is that if you have a problem with silicones, this foundation is loaded with them. Luckily, I don't have issues with silicones so I haven't experienced any breakouts with this foundation.

Overall, it deserves five lippies in my book! It's a great foundation for when you need to look your best. It's a foundation you can trust and fall back on.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Lauryl Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopherol. [+/- (All Shades May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491/77492/77499 (Iron Oxides)].