MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Mythology

MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Mythology
MAC palletteMAC swatchesLustre - MythologyLustre - Mythology

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

This eyeshadow is really well pigmented and I love the glitter even though people think it's chunky. The color is absolutely gorgeous however if you are like me and have fair skin the eyeshadow can look a little orange.

on 7/20/2010 8:30:00 PM

I just got this not to long ago and I'm really enjoying it.
It's very pigmented. I wear it alone or with a dark warm brown in the
outer coner to soften it, and looks amazing.

wasnt impressed =(

~cons~ its like a coppery pink color and the sparkly stuff ends up on your face at some point in time

~pros~ i love the idea of the shadow but its just not me and its verry pigmented

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a pretty rose gold/peachy pink coppery color that has a shimmery metallic finish (but nothing off the top). I like the color payoff, it shows up pretty well on my skin tone (NC35) and looks nice with my brown eyes. While the color shows up nicely, I'd consider it pretty day-friendly with my particular coloring, and shimmery enough for evening with maybe something darker in the crease. I got this from CCO so it wasn't as expensive as it could have been. It's not my favorite of all the MAC colors I have, but I think it's pretty.

On my skin tone, light with pink undertones...this color shows up as a rose gold, not a copper like on others. Its a nice color but I'm not really into shimmery non matte/satin finish shadows. I did experience fallout and I did find the texture to be displeasing for my taste. I won't repurchase and I did swap my Mythology shadow out.

on 6/17/2010 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm NC25 with light yellow undertones and Mythology shows up as a soft warm coppery color with a *slight* bit of coral on me. I'd describe it as a midtone shade - it goes really well paired with darker colors like Antiqued and Chocolate Brown Pigment, which make for a great smokey-amber look. Love to wear this shade in the summer and fall! Yes, it is a Lustre formula but it is one of the better ones, not nearly as gritty and its worth it to deal with the minimal fallout. Would definitely purchase again!

I really like this color. It haves good color you don't have to pile it on and it looks really good with sketch in the crease. This color is bright but it does not wash me out and I am c1 in mac.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a lustre and has quite a bit of fall out which isn't a big deal for me as I do my eyes first and then clean up before moving on to my face. I originally wanted Bronze but it was a bit dark for me. This looks more Bronze on my NC30/C3 skintone than the bronze did. Maybe with a touch more pink than bronze should have but it was much more flattering IMO.

on 5/6/2010 11:47:00 PM

I was at MAC and kept coming back to this color. I was scared at first because in the pan it looks really glittery, which I am not a fan of, but when applied it's a nice coppery color. I was somewhat skeptical but then the MAC MUA recommended it after I told her I was looking for a little bit of color and was tired of purple recommendations for green eyes (I told her this jokingly, but really, I get tired of purple recs).

The color does compliment my green eyes and I can wear this as a more natural color or build it up. It looks really good over Naked Lunch! The MUA also recommended lining the lower lash line with it, but I find it tends to have a bit of fall out which is annoying, but it's not much.

As a ref. I am NC25.

on 4/28/2010 11:24:00 AM

This is a great colour! You can use it very lightly for a day time look or more dramatically (in the crease and outer v) for a night time look. I love the shimmer and I don't find it over the top, as it is in a lot of Lustres. I agree about the fallout, however this is why it's important to use a good primer on the lid.
This is a great colour. Not one I use all the time but I find myself reaching for it a lot lately, especially with summer coming along. Pairing this with All That Glitters and Coppering will be a great summer night look :)