MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Mythology

MAC Cosmetics Lustre - Mythology
MAC palletteMAC swatchesLustre - MythologyLustre - Mythology

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have had Mythology in my stash for quite awhile now. I'm not a big fan of lustres, and I wasn't sure how to use the color so I just always passed over it. Well this last week I've been playing in my stash, and I've discovered I love this color! It's a coppery pink shade, more copper or pink depending on what I pair it with. I like it mostly as a crease shade, but I do plan to try it on the lid as well. Right now my fave combo is Jest on the lid, Mythology in the crease and outer half of lid, then Star Violet in the outer "V" and Nylon to highlight. The only reason I didn't give this shade 5 lipsticks is because it is a lustre formula. I find it plenty pigmented, and it applies smoothly enough, but I do not like the fallout it leaves behind. It can be swiped away, but I'd rather not deal with it at all. Still though, I love this eyeshadow and I would repurchase. continued >>

I love this color. I got it in the pro pan form and was going to swap it even before I had tried it but I'm so glad I didn't. If you're a brown eyed gal you NEED Mythology!

I so wanted to like this color- it looked like the perfect every-day shade I am always searching for. Unfortunately, on my fair complexion it came out looking more orange than the crowning copper it is described to be. And for an every-day look, it had much too glitter. Nice shadow, just not for me.

on 6/8/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i use this in my inner corners and lower last line when i do a dark smoky eye just to add a pop of sparkle and unexpected color. a beautiful sparkly corally shade that looks fab paired against darker colours. i don't need to repurchase - but would- b/c i use it sparingly with the angled brush just to give me a suprise colour treat. bee-you-tee-full!

on 6/4/2007 1:41:00 PM

I adore this shade. The makes my whole face light up, not just my eyes. Another winner from MAC!

on 5/20/2007 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Very good shimmering eyeshadow, a slightly rosy shade of bronze. excellent for summer. Good staying power.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The lustre formula is often hard to work with, and Mythology isn't an exception. It tends to get everywhere when applied dry. But it is a lovely color, nonetheless. I would describe it as a slightly pinkish copper. I LOVE this shadow wet or on top of another base color. It really pops.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This was a definite love at first sight for me! An absolutely gorgeous gold lustre, I can't get enough of it! I bought it as a base for some of the other darker shadows I wanted to play with, but loved the single color so much I've been wearing it alone. I have fair skin, blue eyes, and love how it adds just the perfect amount of color to wear during the day. I build it up at night and add a darker color along the crease. What you see in the compact is definately what you get on your lids! Would repurchase!

on 2/25/2007 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

A gorgeous copper shimmer, looks great on my skin tone (NW45). Itís perfect for a night out. Very hard to apply though, gets everywhere! Definitely one of my favourite eye shadows.
UPDATE: I don't seem to use this colour much anymore itís just too much hard work to apply on properly, itís a beautiful colour I just hate the texture of it.

on 2/11/2007 11:57:00 PM

Very pretty and super pigmented. Use all over as a wash with a light hand or just on the lid. I wouldnt go so far as to use this as a crease or highlight color. I think it wouldnt work. This is definitely one to be used carefully and creatively. as with all MAC shadows, everything is great, the texture, color, pigmentation, blendability, price, etc. I love it all.