wet n wild MegaGlo Contouring Palette

wet n wild MegaGlo Contouring Palette
MegaGlo Contouring Palette

4.1

on 5/23/2018 10:01:00 AM

this really good value for your money, and i imagine this would work for many people's skin tones and if you're just looking for a cheap, accessible powder contour, it's good enough.

both of the powders in this are quite finely milled, so they feel nice and soft, however there is a ton of powder flying everywhere whenever you try to get your brush in there. the product wasted isn't such a big issue because this is so cheap, but it can get a bit messy and annoying.

i got this in "dulce de leche", the cooler toned one out of the two shades this comes in, and the contour side was still really orange on me. the highlight shade was a decent, simple powder though. i wouldn't repurchase, just because i have no need for an orange contour, but the highlight side is definitely usable, so i'll use it up until i run out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i am rather new to the contouring game and wanted something simple. felt i couldn't go wrong with this; one shade for highlighting, one for contouring - easy peasy.

i bought the dulce de leche shade and have been thoroughly impressed! i LOVE using the highlight shade to set my undereye. it brightens the area quite beautifully. found that it doesn't do much for me elsewhere, but that's fine given the price ($3.75 at wal-mart).

not too keen on using the contour shade for contour, but have found that it works well as a bronzer or eyeshadow in a pinch.

i would give the product fives all around if it weren't for the awkward shape, would prefer a square or rectangle. also, there is quite a bit of blow back, but the powder is so silky that it doesn't bother me too much. i just have to be mindful when i dip my brush and blow off the excess.

if you're a beginner at contouring, i highly suggest giving this a go. you seriously can't beat the simplicity, quality, quantity and price!

on 1/9/2018 11:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Bought this in Spain for five or six euros, dulce de leche. Both powders are super soft and don't feel cheap. Great value for money. The contour is quite warm - but I like this because it can be used as a contour and bronzer. Large pans, Great value for money :)

on 12/22/2017 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Bought this at Farmers for NZ$12.99 in dulce de leche. Like others have stated, the brown shade is far too warm to be a contour shade, but works well as a non-orange bronzer! I absolutely love the banana shade. It is extremely powdery and has a lot of kick back when you dip your brush in but I don't mind it so much as the product is good. Would repurchase for the banana shade alone.

I use the shade caramel toffee to highlight and bronze. The 'contour' side is way too warm to be a contour, but is beautiful as a bronzer. The bronzer blends out beautifully, even if there is a wet product underneath (i tend to use liquid highlight and not set my foundation with translucent powder before going in with the bronzer). The yellow is also a really nice highlighting shade for someone like me with very yellow/olive undertones.

Only complaint is that if you put on too much of the yellow powder, it can start to look cakey.

But overall I really like this, would recommend.

-Edit 25/3/18-
With continued use, I've realized that the yellow powder blurs my pores as well! Wet n Wild, you're awesome.

-UPDATE 10 JAN 2019-
I used to think that the yellow powder in this was the best it could get. But then I got the powder from AOA studio and holy moly that puts Wet n Wild to shame. In comparison to AOA, the yellow powder in Wet n Wild's palette is chunky and rough. To be fair the Wet n Wild one is a good powder, but AOA just has an amazingly great powder. The star of the Wet n Wild palette was the yellow powder for me, because it brought back any yellow my concealers might be missing. But now that I've found a better quality and cheaper alternative, I'll no longer be repurchasing this. I also need to knock a star down because clearly this isn't as good as I used to think it was.

on 11/12/2017 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Honestly I'm unsure if I would repurchase this, but that's not to say it's a bad product. I have dulce de leche as it's more suited for my fair, pink toned skin. It's a tad bit pink though, for a contour. While it looks okay, it's easy to see the pinky tones poking through, which is great if your into the draping technique! The highlight is matte and more so used for setting. It's okay, a little chalky but nothing offensive.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I think a maybe you got a dud with all my other contour kits this is the one I go for most of the time and I fine the powders quiet nice I even have back up. packaging is cheep but the product is great .

on 11/1/2017 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am on my 3rd of caramel toffee and have used 1 dulce . My review is mixed because this is used to be a great product, there USED to not be alot of fallout on my brushes, the contour shade was a true warm brown which never went orange on me, yellow powder matched with my ELDW 3W2 for underage.

Now I just purchased another caramel toffee pallet last week and the contour shade is crumbling so bad it's already hitting the pan in 7 days (regular last me 6 months) . I can't even use it anymore because how bad it is. The light shade did not turn out like this. I probably won't repurchase because now I'm not sure if they're all going to be like this...

on 10/31/2017 4:33:00 AM

I have the NARS duo in Paloma which is also similar to this, one side bronzer, one side beige.
I have no idea why but I have just been reaching for the Wet N Wild so much more, the pan is big and easy to dip into. My skin tone is fairer than the matte beige side so I've just been using a coloured pressed powder to clean up or blend over my contour if it gets out of line. So while the beige isn't used too much, it's okay that it's there. In a pinch, I can use this as eyeshadow. The colour is great, not orangey. Pigmentation is good. Easy to blend. Would repurchase as long as the plastic hinge manages to hang in there because often times they do tend to snap off after a while. We'll have to see!

on 10/13/2017 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in Dulce du Leche, i'm NC20ish Asian (neutral warm undertone), and the contour shade is absolutely awesome. I like this more than the Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer.

The powder on both sides are extremely fine and smooth, it does kick up a bit of powder but it depends on what kind of brush/application you're using. I use a slanted brush so I just have to press the head down flat and tap to get product on, and the pressing action will basically not scrape loose extra product that you don't need. if you're using a more tapered tip brush, the motion and angle used to get powder on those type of brushes will likely scrape up and disperse a lot more powder, leaving it a powdery mess in the pan (I ran into this problem at first, but once i switch brushes it's great). I also really like using this powder as my transition shade in the crease - it's pretty much perfect neutral brown to give a natural contour! i love using it as my contour shade whenever i pull out a palette that doesn't have a neutral medium/light brown matte shade.

the powder side is also good, but not really my favorite, and i find that in this case, the finely milled powder tends to kick up more product with most powder brushes i own (whereas with the bronzer, a fairly common but different shape of brush fixes the powder kick up issue).

Currently i have hit pan (and a pretty decent sized pan) on the contour side, but didn't use the powder side that much. it's not a huge deal though, as this is so affordable and even half of the pan is a lot of product for what i paid.

i also own the Caramel Toffee color for this powder - the powder side is a yellow powder that I find too yellow and dark for me, and the bronzer side is actually pretty nice but too deep and pigmented for me. I do plan on using it eventually (I bought it, i wanna get some use out of it) but i'll have to be a LOT more careful with it.