Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops

Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops
Custom Enhancer DropsCustom Enhancer Drops

Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Silica,Polybutene, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Trimethylsiloxysilicate/DimethiconolCrosspolymer, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Silica Silylate, PentaerythritylTetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain:Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

These drops are so amazing. So many different uses. So many different colors. So many different effects! I use these everyday now. I can't imagine life without them. My detailed review is below.

I have the shades celestial and sunlight, and I absolutely adore these. They're very strong highlights that you can easily overdo. I enjoy either mixing a tiny bit with my foundation for an all over subtle glow, or I put a drop or two on the back of my hand, use a stippling brush or a beauty blender, and just tap it over my cheekbones. Looks absolutely gorgeous. The packaging itself can be kind of annoying, since some of the product tends to get around the sides of the top, and the price is a bit much, but it lasts forever and is definitely worth it.

on 12/30/2016 9:44:00 AM

I searched for Celestial for a long time before I was finally able to get my hands on it. I needed it for the fact that it was a pale pink and on my n10 skin it should have looked amazing. But a couple things turned me off on this product.

1. Container. I have the custom cover drops from this line and should have been aware of the one flaw: if you somehow accidentally squeeze while the lid is closed it will burst up the sides and overflow once opened. So much product just hanging out on the crevices of the opening pretty much wasted. Yeah I could scrape it off with a spatula but you certainly don't need that much product from this. Plus once it happens and you shut the lid it just oozes down the sides. Not fun.

2. That intensity. It's too much! I don't have a problem with my pores being noticeable until I wear this. It literally gets inside and starts shining from deep within, showing off terrible texture. I walked through a beauty counter area of a Macy's and everyone pointed out the rough, uneven texture of my skin and tried to sell me their products. When I saw myself in the mirror, yikes.

I mean it is a beautiful product and I would have loved to love it but no. I never reach for it, instead using Marc Jacobs Spot light or GlamGlow Glowstarter, but can't get rid of it because of how pricey it was. I like to look naturally highlighted rather than strobed and I think that that is not the market that cover fx made this for.

on 11/30/2016 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this in Celesteial, moonlight and sunlight. I love them all they blend very well, with having fair skin I find moonlight and celesteial more flattering. These will last a long time, you only need a drop.

I purchased a couple samples from someone on eBay to try them out and was surprised that I fell in love! I then went to my nearest Sephora which didn't have them. Instead they gave me their Sephora version. FAIL! I then saw a few videos to make dupes at home and tried that. FAIL! Bit the bullet and ordered the full size. I've tried TONS of highlighters (high beam, touché eclat, Mac beauty powder, st tropez etc) but this one is different! You can do so many things with it and the glow is gorgeous! $42 is ridiculous I know but I doubt I'll run out of this any time soon!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is an awesome highlight. Great pigment! Great formula! I use moonlight and I mix it with my foundation and it just gives me that radiant glow. My skin looks healthy and glowy. It glides on smoothly on the skin and feels very comfortable. It will last forever because just a tiny bit goes a long way. Great makeup product that is just a must for any makeup fan.

This stuff is incredible! Yes it's very expensive but it will last you forever! You only need a tiny amount to get a beautiful glow. I use this on my cheekbones. It lasts ALL day and I barely need one drop. This also looks very natural - not sparkly at all. I would almost say it looks like your skin is wet is in the areas where it is applied. I'm sure you could go overboard with it but using it subtly produces a gorgeous result. I highly recommend this product. My skin is pale so I tried this in celestial. I also tried mixing it with foundation. It's sort of hit and miss. You don't want to add too much or you'll look too highlighted everywhere which isn't the effect most people are looking for. This is the only highlighter I need.

on 8/13/2016 7:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was skeptical about this product.

Last time this friend came out with the foundation products, I found to be extremely overrated. I also noticed as an aside that the hype around that product completely disappeared within a matter of weeks. When this came out I was concerned about the same thing, but the reviews on YouTube are just so good I have to give it a try at least, knowing that Sophora has an excellent return policy. I was skeptical.
I have to say this is an amazing product. I have used it for a few weeks now and I remain stunned by how good it looks. It has got to be the most pigmented liquid highlighter I've ever tried and it can be sheared out very nicely. If it's done properly it is a very real highlight (nighttime/indoor lighting but even outdoor if light hand) and seems to last. I use it on my eyes too sometimes with a primer and it looks good.

I also did like it mixed with one of my more matte foundations.

I definitely recommend this.

on 8/1/2016 3:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

A groundbreaking product, truly is one of the best products of the year if not the best.

I've always loved highlighters, but felt that something was 'missing'. I could never achieve that natural, dewy hydrated skin that all models seem to magically have. This is it. You can play it down as I often do, and it just makes your skin look simply glowing from within. I dab it on my cheeks, sides of my forehead, chin, under the brows. This way my entire face looks like it's glowing and it's not artificially placed only on my cheeks. This is an *extremely* versatile product. A dewy highlight, a wet strong highlight, mix a drop into your matte foundation to add life, put it on your eyelids as a liquid eyeshadow.

My only issue with this product may not be a large one for others, but to me I found it to be extremely aggravating. The sticker that wraps around the bottle becomes damaged very easily. Again, sounds like it's not a big deal. But I'm talking, if you rub your finger on the sticker the colour will completely come off and there's a huge blank space on the sticker. Also, if you scratch your nail against it, it will completely rub off as well. I've owned it for 2 weeks and it looks like its a year old. I found this to be a bit of a buzz kill because the rose gold sticker was what made the packaging look so beautiful imo. I had it on display on my vanity but had to take it down because it just looks really ugly and worn out now. But hey, the product is solid which is all I can really ask for.

I personally don't mind the dropper, I think a pump would dispense too much product seeing as this product is so highly pigmented more than 1 drop is enough for me.

I bought this in sunkissed and it is too dark to use on my face, so I will exchange it for one of the lighter colors. you need to shake well before applying because the pigment separates, I think with the right color this will be gorgeous. while it is too tan on my face, I tried it as a bronzer on my legs and it is the most natural looking tan ever. the packaging is kind of messy, but I don't see another way because of how thin this product is.