Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops

Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops
Custom Enhancer DropsCustom Enhancer Drops

4.3

Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Silica,Polybutene, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Trimethylsiloxysilicate/DimethiconolCrosspolymer, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Silica Silylate, PentaerythritylTetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain:Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

I bought this in sunkissed and it is too dark to use on my face, so I will exchange it for one of the lighter colors. you need to shake well before applying because the pigment separates, I think with the right color this will be gorgeous. while it is too tan on my face, I tried it as a bronzer on my legs and it is the most natural looking tan ever. the packaging is kind of messy, but I don't see another way because of how thin this product is.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have this in the shade Blossom and it is absolutely my HG highlighter, I've even ran out and am now on my second bottle. I like to apply it by dropping a small amount on the back of my hand and using my makeup sponge to put on to my cheekbones rather than dropping directly on to the cheeks. It applies so smoothly and doesn't lift your makeup off even when putting over powder and when it catches the light it looks like you have a gorgeous sheen/glow (no glitter) that somehow manages to look intense but not over the top. The pink is very subtle and blends in with my blush and lasts all day.

The price is crazy expensive and it ran out sooner that I expected, using daily even a small amount it only lasted 6 months but it's still worth it. I do find that Physicians Formula butter highlighter in pink is a VERY close dupe so if the price is scaring you away I would recommend that instead.

*****edit*****

dropping this from 5 stars to 3 stars. I took the wrapping off my new one and after 2 months of use it's over 3/4 of the way empty so I think they barely fill this with product which is why I used up my old one in 6 months. Plus the lid gets coated with product so I have to store it separately. I found I can get a very very similar look with the PF butter highlighters so I will not be repurchasing

I have only used this as a cheekbone highlightAnd underneath the eyebrow bone. It is definitely gorgeous In moonlight. However every time I use this it breaks me out in little white bumps exactly where I have placed it.

on 12/30/2016 9:44:00 AM

I searched for Celestial for a long time before I was finally able to get my hands on it. I needed it for the fact that it was a pale pink and on my n10 skin it should have looked amazing. But a couple things turned me off on this product.

1. Container. I have the custom cover drops from this line and should have been aware of the one flaw: if you somehow accidentally squeeze while the lid is closed it will burst up the sides and overflow once opened. So much product just hanging out on the crevices of the opening pretty much wasted. Yeah I could scrape it off with a spatula but you certainly don't need that much product from this. Plus once it happens and you shut the lid it just oozes down the sides. Not fun.

2. That intensity. It's too much! I don't have a problem with my pores being noticeable until I wear this. It literally gets inside and starts shining from deep within, showing off terrible texture. I walked through a beauty counter area of a Macy's and everyone pointed out the rough, uneven texture of my skin and tried to sell me their products. When I saw myself in the mirror, yikes.

I mean it is a beautiful product and I would have loved to love it but no. I never reach for it, instead using Marc Jacobs Spot light or GlamGlow Glowstarter, but can't get rid of it because of how pricey it was. I like to look naturally highlighted rather than strobed and I think that that is not the market that cover fx made this for.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

First, the packaging peaks, and the dropper needs a better stopper. As is, a ton of product gets caked around the mouth of the bottle, and too much comes out on the outside of the stopper. If not stored upright, this will leak slowly, no matter how tightly the lid is on

Because it doesn't seal, it dries out easily and became chunky quickly. It is so pigmented that once it starts to dry out, it is impossible to blend.

When it is new, it is beautiful. It needs to be blended out a lot, and it sets rather quickly, but if you can work with it, and work quickly, it does give a gorgeous, high- shine. However, I don't think it's worth the effort.

on 10/7/2017 4:27:00 AM

First of all: I love Armani fluid sheer and tought that this would be something similar. They are both very liquidy but cover fx has more intense metallic,frosty sheen. I tried to mix it with a foundation(one drop) and noticed fine glitter on my face,which I don't like at all. There is no noticeable glitter in Armani. Cover fx also emphasizes very mild acne scarring on my face and Armani does not. Overall Armani gives more natural glow and I think that for my skin it is much better than the cover fx. I'm still trying to make it work tough.

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This highlighter is absolutely beautiful and has a pretty high price tag... 42 us dollars..i mean hey like I said its gorgeous. BUT... so my skin is super oily but ive been liking the healthy glowy look. when I first bought it I applied it and it looked beautiful...I have large pores and at first it didn't look as rough as other highlighters ive tried. the shine was beautiful but when I went to use it for my day.. on top of my foundation it looked patchy and uneven and just terrible. you could see every single pore on my face and my rough textured skin. it looked HORRBLE. also while I was applying it it removed my foundation and left patches of bare skin. I looked horrible. another thing I noticed is that its very messy. I went to drop it on my cheeks and it dropped on my shirt ugh I mean it was terrible. and it took me so many tries and attempts with a beauty blender and makeup brushes to blend it in but it looked so firggen bad. so its gong back..... ill stick to powder highlighters because this was a complete disaster.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I reeeeeeally wanted to like this. I did. But I don't. I have celestial and the color is fabulous-pinky white pearl. Basically my problem is its chunky glitter suspended in a sheer base. When you put it on, glitter spreads beyond where you want it and it looks chunky on the face. I dab a drop on my cheekbone and I end up with glitter by my nose which really emphasizes texture/pores there. It spreads all over. This is a pass for me.