L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Primer

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Primer
Voluminous Primer

4.2

Aqua / Water / Eau, Polybutene, Paraffin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Cera Alba / Beeswax / Cire D'abeille, Copernicia, Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax / Cire De Carnauba, Steareth-2, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Ethylenediamine / Stearyl, Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Hydrogenated Palm Oil, 2-Oleamido-1,3 Octadecanediol, Disodium Edta, BHT, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Alcohol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl, Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Propylene Glycol, Propyl Gallate, Citric Acid.

on 8/14/2016 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Primer helps my mascara last throughout the day, and I've tried a bunch of them. I am delighted with this one from L'Oréal. It makes my lashes look fuller and longer, and I still have mascara on my lashes at night. In my experience, the "panda eyes" problem is the mascara itself, not the primer. I used Clump Crusher and it was great, for a month. After the first month, it dried out enough that it was flaking throughout the day. I switched to a different mascara and it resolved the problem. For under $10, this primer is half the price of what I previously paid for primer, and just as good as the expensive stuff. And since L'Oréal owns Lancôme, well . . .

on 8/8/2016 2:20:00 PM

I never wear mascara without primer underneath. I've tried lots of different ones, and Lancome and Clinique are the very best IMO. But I'd love to find a lower-priced alternative.

I expect my lash primer to do two things: to set my mascara in place and make it smudge-proof, and to also amplify my lashes by adding drama and volume.

This L'oreal primer adds tons of drama and volume, but it does NOT stop my mascara from smudging. And that is a dealbreaker for me. It's a shame too because this is a great product otherwise. It applies very nicely and has a great fluffy wand that I like. Makes my mascara look pretty amazing. But then I get the smudgy panda-eye look by the end of the day. No good!

Other drugstore lash primers that I've tried are Wet 'n Wild, NYX, E.L.F., Hard Candy, and now L'Oreal. Hard Candy is the best of the bunch, but I recommend Lancome if you're willing to spend more.

I'm not going to buy this again.

Works just as well as my favorite from Clinique but cheaper. If you want to add volume and thickness to your lashes, this does the job. I paired it with my Estee Lauder "Sumptuous Extreme" Mascara and got a faux lash look.

on 8/6/2016 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm so happy! This is exactly what I'm looking for. It does the job right! Made my lashes look thick when I apply my other fave staple mascara over top. I used the Lacombe one, but it's just too expensive to buy on a regular basis. I'm not sure why of the negative reviews, but I'm definitely keeping a stock of this in case they discontinue this. Which I hope not!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have naturally straight lashes that point down. The problem I usually have with lash primers is that they take the curl out of my lashes and leave them wet and sticky. This product was no exception. As soon as I put it on, my lashes fell and I was left to work with sticky straight lashes. It's a pain to curl, comb, curl, comb to get them back up. Even then I didn't notice any kind of difference. Don't buy if you have naturally straight lashes

on 7/1/2016 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Very disappointed in this. I'll be returning it. It doesn't do anything for me. My lashes actually look better w/o it. :-(
Eyes are "my thing". I've tried about every primer and mascara that's ever been out. The constant hunt is fun and I LOVE finding THE NEXT BEST THING. This definitely is not it. I had high hopes for the brush, as that's usually the downfall of most primers...they don't do a good job with application...way too much product is usually deposited & then the crappy flexible, overly soft rubber teeth don't do anything to remove excess or separate the lashes. I want a primer that does what it's meant to do: LENGTHEN & SEPARATE (which makes you look to have more volume). This primer did nothing...however I do love the typical/normal brush head, just not the actual product.
It's a smidge "greasy feeling" and it clumped all my lashes together. They looked extremely stumpy looking. I was hoping I'd found a cheap DS alternative, but no such luck. So far, IMO, the best primers for WOW IMPACT are Urban Decay, Tarte, Clinique & Dior (if the brush didn't suck) and Lancome Cils Booster.

on 6/30/2016 11:03:00 AM

In my opinion, excellent product. Seems like an exact dupe for Lancome Cils Booster XL.

I have very short, light ended lashes and this definitely helps lengthen and give volume.

I will save myself some money and buy this from now on, instead of the more expensive one.