Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

Glossier Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)
Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)Haloscope Highlighter (ALL COLORS)

3.6

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Really wanted to love this and I think this is better than Benefit's and Too Faced Highlights I've purchased in the past because my skin tone is on the olive/darker side. However, because I have drier skin, I need to make sure to moisturize thoroughly—especially in the wintertime otherwise this product looks cakey. If I apply this w/ a well moisturized face, then the product works great. The clear moisturizer in the middle of this tube is moisturizing but not enough for my face.

You also have to make sure to blend the product well and do it in natural light so that you're able to see how much you've applied—a little goes a long way. I do like the way this product looks when done right, but it requires too much time to do everyday.

I'd imagine I'd use this frequently in on vacations at the beach for a more intense glow but not too realistic in NYC winters.

on 2/26/2017 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Love the marketing and branding of this brand. This however is a miss for me. I got it in Topaz and it just makes me look like grease ball in just few minutes, nothing close to healthy glowing sun kiss skin. Maybe its for people with dry skin unfortunately its not for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

A sucker for tubed highlighters & blushes, i bought haloscope in topaz. I have pale, olive skin, and the colour pay-off is okay. Sometimes it seems that im not wearing anything at all, but can catch a glimpse of a coppery-dewy sheen on the hollows of my cheeks when i catch a glimpse of my self in the mirror. I like the texture & the ease of application: no tugging or pulling. The fact that it is made of crushed minerals (topaz, i guess), totally sold me. Overall, $22 is a lot -- but when i run out, i will probably by another.

on 11/2/2016 2:21:00 PM

It doesn't show up and just makes me look SO greasy. Maybe if it didn't have the oil in the middle. Stick with Becca, it's so much better.

on 10/6/2016 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

Got mine in Quartz for my pale skin. The packaging is so perfect and simple. I just swipe this on my cheekbones and cupid's bow after foundation and blend with a brush. Light bounces so beautifully and gives me three-dimensionality in photographs. Definitely going to repurchase- but I won't have to soon. This lasts forever! Had for months and I've barely gotten through even a quarter-inch of product.

on 9/24/2016 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not for me. It never sets

It makes me so sad that I don't love this product- but I don't. The "real quartz" glow is nothing special, and honestly it lasts like 5 minutes on my face, then it leaves my cheeks looking greasy not like dewy cheekbones. Colourpop's highlighters are far superior and a third the price.

on 8/11/2016 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm loving this highlighter. Doesnt look too shimmery glitz. It make your face really glow & healthy. And it looks soo natural. But i don't think this highlighter have a lasting effect. Just hope they didn't put coconut oil in this cos coconut oil can clog your pores.

on 8/2/2016 1:34:00 AM

I was sucked in by the cute packaging. The oil core is a big turn off for me. By the time I'm ready to use a highlighter my face has skincare, which includes moisturizer and SPF. Oh, I forgot, to add foundation. I live in very hot and very humid Florida. I do not need to add oil to my skin. I will say the product did glide on my skin without disturbing the rest of my makeup. I first tried the silvery color which did nothing. Except for grease shine there was nothing. Then I tried the bronze. As a highlight on my cheekbones I got the grease shine with an odd bronze cast. It was also the wrong shade, for my skin tone, to work as a contour. It looked cute. I didn't like the feel of it on my skin and it also had very little product. Not a good value for my money. Sorry glossier. I really wanted to like it.

I'm disappointed. I drink the Glossier koolaid so hard- I love the aesthetic, the packagng, the message, the idea of skincare as makeup and vice versa and light, sheer formulas that are the opposite of the Kim K ultra contoured look that is so everywhere on youtube and IG right now. But this was.....disappointing and underwhelming.

The amount of product you get- which I guess I should have realized by the product description but I'll be honest, I never pay a TON of attention to that and the other Glossier products I've tried have come in reasonable sizings compared to price- is teeny teeny teeny. I clicked it all the way up to see and it's like 1/2". So the price is a con for me.

I found it applied smoothly without shifting my base around but I do wear just a BB cream. I like the finish- not sticky or greasy but slightly moist. It possibly gave me a zit in the area I applied it. I do not usually break out high on my cheekbones near my eyes, but it still could be a coincidence, but given the coconut oil core I am definitely considering it a possibility that this was the cause.

The color and shimmer is so-so. I am pale but got Topaz because I thought it would be a nice bronzey type of glow rather than a traditional highlighter. It is ORANGE as heck on me. Like, neon orange. I think the color would look better on dark skin. I do like that when you blend the shimmer gets very subtle, but there's no special oomph from the Real Crushed Topaz in it.

I'm going to keep using to try to make it work rather that return so will update if my opinion changes, but I definitely won't repurchase and given how many highlighters there are on the market, I'm not sure that this sheer, subtle, moistness is worth the price.