CLINIQUE Happy

CLINIQUE Happy
Happy

3.4

on 11/25/2006 1:24:00 PM

First of all, some of you don't like this perfume b/c of the overuse of this in the world. I have heard that this is the number one selling perfume in the world, and I believe it. I'm not the hugest fan of this but can I tell you how many guys have complimented me on wearing this. And my reaction to them are, are you kidding me? do you know what this is? It's Clinique Happy!...I'm always shocked at this but I can see why guys find it so alluring. First of all, this sweet and citrusy. Guys go gaga for citrus scents. Plus it's fresh and has a light fruity musk note in the end. Yes, it is short lived on the skin, fades in about an hour to two (at the max). It would be nice if it had better staying power, but usually light fruity scents fade the fastest, and I guess the staying power quality could be helped with the body wash and body cream layering. I am using up my full size bottle I got in a swap and I put down that I would repurchase, even though I love other perfumes more (ones that are a little spicier (Prada mixed w/ Bvlgari Omnia), but if I dated a guy who absolutely loved Happy on me and I was out of my bottle, then yes, I would buy some more :) Very low price---$37.50 and $49.50.....plus if you get it duty free, you can get two 1 oz. bottles for only $34.

on 12/1/2006 12:18:00 AM

I used Clinique Happy for a couple of years and I received so many compliments from people everywhere I went (actually from many women--well, I am not a social butterfly ;-)). Then I switched to Jo Malone Orange Blossom (much more expensive fragrance, you know), and nobody gave me compliments ever! Clinique Happy is THE fragrance for me. Its name, how it smells, how simply the container designed--just everything about this fragrance fits me so perfectly. I will definitely go back to Clinique Happy this winter!!!
EDIT: O.k. I have gone back to Clinique recently and a very weird thing has happened... I no longer like this scent so much anymore AND strangely nobody compliments me this time. This must be something to do with a change happening in my body chemistry (and mind) as I age and get more mature. Chemical smell of this fragrance is more noticeable and I am becoming bored with the scent as I feel it lacks of depth and complexity. The straightforward-ness of this citrus scent--which used to a big attraction to me--now makes me feel not so interesting. It must be time for me to explore a new scent--and this must be totally natural.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wore Happy about 8 years ago. I wore it for about 3 years. I loved the scent at the time, and I still like it. But, I like change.

It smells citrusy and a bit sweet. Some people said it smelled like bug spray, and some thought it was strong.

However, I really enjoyed wearing it.

on 2/6/2007 8:38:00 AM

I don't see what's 'Happy' about this at all. I received a sample with a purchase and found it so offensive I had to throw it out. Awful.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I had been wanting to try this perfume for a while, I was glad to recieve a small sample vial from the sales assistant at Clinique. Unfortunately, this fragrance didn't hit a note with me. I found it to be too heavy, too far on the citrus side, it turned very tart-like on me. It's base notes are very good, good enough for me to take interest and look at other Happy-based fragrances from Clinique (like Happy Heart, which I love). While I wouldn't be entirely against slapping some "Happy" on if I didn't have anything else in the vicinity, I wouldn't purchase this myself.

I've wore this for years..Love it! I don't think it has a lot of staying power really but it smells fresh and clean and citrusy.

It is very expensive (to me), I would have thought the price would go down on it after so many years but it hasn't. If you catch it on sale as part of a set (like with lotion and lipgloss or something) then the price isn't too bad. You can find it every now and then on Amazon for a reasonable price.

I can never smell this on myself (I've been told that means a perfume suits you) but I get compliments on this sometimes.

You can layer it with baby lotion or even Love Spell from Victoria's Secret smells really great with this.

At first spray it's a bit strong and sharp but dries down to a nice, soft, pleasant scent. Reminds me of sunshine and happiness..favorite!

on 5/10/2007 2:33:00 AM

I just cant seem to like this scent. I like Happy Heart a bit better. I think the citrus in this is just not appealing to me. I dont find it intesting enough to use. I just really dont care for all of the lighter fruity scents.

on 8/2/2007 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this was THE perfume when i was in 7th grade. it's nice and fresh, not cloying or strong.. just your typical citrusy perfume. =)

I just recieved this for Christmas, and I love it! I must be one of the few who actually like it. I love the sweet, citrusy smell that is uplifting and fresh. It dosn't have great staying power on me though, which is sort of good because that means it won't smell too strong or overpowering. I only know one other person who wears this, and I can't even smell it on them even though they claim they wear it. I guess Happy isn't very popular where I live, which is good for me.

It DOES smell good, is easy to find, & isn't too pricey either. So I get why it's so popular, but I think there are nicer scents on the market (Happy's just not that sexy to me). I probably wouldn't repurchase it, but again, it does smell good. Maybe I'd repurchase if I liked the bottle. I do love the name!