CLINIQUE Happy

Happy

3.4

on 3/14/2005 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Top-Base Notes: Apple, Plum, Ozone, Bergamot, Freesia, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Orchid, Amber, Musk

The notes make it sound like a good parfume, but I didn't seem to really detect many of them. This fragrance is nothing special. It isn't bad, but not great either. Definitely not a classic, and even I got rather bored of smelling it after a couple of hours. Not that much of it was left since the drydown seems to be an issue with Clinique fragrances. Clinique Happy Heart is a better fragrance than this. continued >>

STRONG....HEADACHE.....? do i need to say ne more? (try Maybe Baby Benefit~ thats my fav!)

My friend wore this yrs ago. I liked it, but never loved it. Recently, I got a GWP and got a small bottle. I LOVE it! I totally forgot about this fragrance. I really love citrus scents so this was perfect for me. If you don't care for citrus, don't even go here. The floral notes are a touch heavy when first applied, but dry down well. Apply with a light hand. I really bought it bc every time I'd wear it, my mood actually lifted! Maybe it's the orange/grapefruit note. Don't know and don't care. If you like something similar, but not so heavy on the florals, I suggest Gap's So Pink (NOT the EDT, the body spray) or YSL Babydoll. Check out the reviews on MUA-they're good for people that like light, fresh citrus scents without the heavy florals. Otherwise, Happy is prob one of the only fragrances I can think of that actually holds the citrus note for a long time.

on 6/18/2005 6:13:00 PM

The popularity of this fragrance amazes me. I can smell this on a person from 50 feet away. It is strong and pungent, and has no discernable scent that comes from anything in nature - purely chemical. I wish people would stop wearing this because this perfume is single-handedly keeping the makers of migraine medication in business. How can I start a campaign to get Clinique to stop giving this stuff away as free samples?

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Love this scent. It's very energizing and citrusy. Like one the reviewers below, I also own the Designer Impostors one, but I love the original. A woman I used to work with almost ruined this scent for me a few years ago. She was a heavy smoker and used to pile Happy on. She ultimately ended up smelling like an old leather mitt. I was glad when she quit the job and I started getting good memories about the perfume again. Great scent for summer!

one on my fav scents. every time I put this on I have had people ask me after even after a few hrs what I'm wearing coz I smell good. I like other stuff too but this will definately be with me.

on 9/29/2005 1:16:00 PM

This is one of my favorites! it's light enough to wear to work everyday and not give me a headache. it's very nice!

on 10/6/2005 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

If you read my other fragrance reviews, you see I'm always disappointed in every new scent I try. Think this is the exception, 'though. Clean, citrusy (but not overwhelming) and soapy. My sister-in-law wears it and always smells yummy so I gave it a try. This one's a keeper. I know it's an oldie and some are sick of it but - hey - I'm always the last on the bandwagon. It's a light and feminine scent.

UPDATE - One day later: Uh, fuggetaboutit. Dry down morphs into cheap drugstore type scent. Musty, peppery, something I can't quite describe. Uh-uh, this one goes back too. I give up. Will stick to my HG Banana Republic and be done with the eternal quest.

on 10/14/2005 7:31:00 PM

I had a tester of this, and I thought I remeber it smelling good, but I put it on any suddenly I reminded myself of a cheap cigarette smoking stripper.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have to say this used to be my favorite fragrance, or at least one of them. But it ended up becoming too ubiquitous...plus, this gal I work with wears it, and it only, and she's one of those people who can have the tendency to bug the hell out of me a lot of the time. Now I pretty much associate it with her. Would I buy this again? You do the math. =P~~~

Popular Fragrances