CLINIQUE Happy

CLINIQUE Happy
Happy

3.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received this as a holiday gift from my then-boyfriend. I really love the light citrus smell. I think it even puts me in a good mood sometimes, haha. I usually don't like wearing perfumes, but this is one that I don't mind wearing regularly. I love the lotion, and the convenient roller-ball / lipgloss duo stick.

on 8/10/2008 1:22:00 AM

I am extremely allergic to this fragrance, so that probably has something to do with the fact that I don't like it. I used to use this in high school, just when I was getting into makeup / perfume. After a few days of use I began to sneeze / break into hives every time I wore it. I never did really like the smell anyway, so I stopped using it. It's a very youthful, girly fragrance, so if you're into that, I'd say give it a try.

i was given a half used "happy" by a family member who had grown sick of the scent, after hearing loads about the fragrance i acceped it thinking i should at least give it a go.

it honestly, smells like a hot mix of Curry and b.o. (w/ a hint of lemon)

im not sure if maybe the scent has gone bad, but the bottle is clear as ever... ive even gone so far as to stop by clinique just to smell happy but its simply a "let-down".

[ on the other hand "happy heart" seems to be a better choice.]

on 9/1/2008 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

At first the citrusy smell was terrific, but within a few minutes, I was just headachey from this stuff. Tried to use rubbing alcohol to douse the smell on my wrists. The packaging isn't impressive either.
Happy made me sad.
Maybe it's just my chemistry. Still looking for a signature scent that's more up to date than my 1988 Eternity.

This product was introduced when I was in high school--and all my friends and I rushed out to buy a bottle. We ALL wore it and now were ALL burned out on it. The scent is very "high-school" to me--not that that's bad, it just reminds me of being a teenager, irresponsible, carefree, and insecure....lol!

I don't dislike it, and I still wear it on occasion. It's very citrusy and very flowery. It smells good and it's got a good, strong scent. It also has some sort of spice in it--I can't put my finger on it--but it gives the fragrance a good "kick," like adding cayenne to a cupcake.

Definitely a summer fragrance--it's sunny, and very whimsical.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

very distinct smell. i can recognize this product from a mile away... and i dont find it appealing at all. there are no subtleties to "clinique happy". its boring and it smells like somebody's mom.

on 11/3/2008 2:20:00 PM

I love this product. It reminds me of when I was young and just started wearing perfume/makeup. I remember getting a bottle for my 14th birthday. I still get it in Clinique's bonus bags and for Christmas by relatives that know I love it. But it's true--it seems that everyone wears this now. It's not as unique as it used to be. I'm trying to find a new scent that will be different, mysterious, and set apart from the rest.

on 11/3/2008 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not a bad scent, just very common. Every Tom,Dick and Harry wears this stuff. Virtually every time I go out I get a whiff of someone wearing this. Happy (excuse the pun) to use this in a GWP but would not buy it.

on 11/11/2008 4:02:00 AM

I have a faint, almost nonexistent, memory of loving this scent when I got my bottle of it, but after a year of being kept, the smell changed. And it changed for the worse! I have a 5ml sampler which is older than my big bottle and it smells even more horrible. Ack! Wouldn't buy again, knowing its poor shelf life. Couldn't understand how it got to be like that when my Happy Heart, bought at the same time, still smells wonderful, just like how it was when I first opened it.

on 11/12/2008 3:26:00 AM