CLINIQUE Happy

Happy

3.1

on 5/17/2010 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

worn this on and off for years, always get compliments. i think it must suit my skin as other people say it turns on them.

on 2/11/2011 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

When it first came out more then a decade ago I disliked it, maybe because I was used to wear bold oriental scents and this smelled too clean and sharp to me. But chemistry changes so like hormones change, and with that also the taste in perfumes. Approaching my 40ties I discovered a passion for fresher, bloomy, aquatic scents and I canít stand the deep-sweet oriental fumes anymore, with few exceptions. So when few years ago I tried again an old sample of Happy, I was surprised how good I found it. Iím not going to describe the scent as I think almost everyone has smelled it at least once. But I want to tell the property of this perfume. It was a hot summer and I was experiencing an emotionally tensed time and the heat made me feel somehow depressive and lethargic. Wearing this scent changed my mood. I suddenly felt positive, active, hopeful and yes, somehow happy. Also the atmosphere around me seemed to have changed. I perceived the hotness not longer as oppressive but it was like opening my eyes and thinking, hey, it is summertime!!!. And then things in my life went better and better. I didnít buy a bottle of it at that time as I had so many perfumes already and I wasnít really convinced that I would keep using it also in future, especially in the approaching colder season. And in fact once I finished my sample I started to use my other ones with great delight, but somewhere in my head remained the thought that one day I would like to buy it, because this perfume makes me happy. I have often read and heard that this scent has such an uplifting effects on many people. I think, speaking in terms of aromatherapy, that scents have a strong power on our mood and emotions, depending on what we are experiencing and what we need. And this is one makes happy indeed.

on 2/2/2012 12:42:00 PM

I have been wearing this fragrance for probably close to six years and love it! I have received many, many compliments when I wear it and it has pretty much become my "signature scent".

The only problem I have had is that once in a while, I will buy a new bottle and it smells really bad, like it is old. In the course of six years, I have had to return this product five times! I normally buy this product from Younker's or Macy's, but I have also purchased at Meijer's. I have had to return the product to all three places, so I am sure that it isn't a "knock off" that I may have purchased. The smell, when sprayed, is actually quite repulsive and when I bring this to the attention of the store attendant, they can definitely tell as well. At one cologne counter, it was brought to my attention that there is a shelf date code on the box and that the cologne may have sat on the shelf too long.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? I have never had a problem returning the product from where it was bought, but it is definitely frustrating, to say the least!!

on 2/6/2012 5:02:00 PM

HEADACHE IN A BOTTLE! Hated it when it first came out, and I hate it now. Received this as a gift. NOT a Happy scent, imo!

on 8/22/2014 4:44:00 AM

This fragrance sounded nice: an orange perfume for summer, but there is a very harsh note in it (I don't know what exactly) which made it impossible to wear.

on 11/26/2016 2:45:00 AM

This smells like your great-grandmas kitchen: all-purpose cleaner wafting above a vase of grocery store carnations. It's intrusive and sharp. It's like a squeeze of those plastic lemons on top of a scented candle. It's a wonderful dryer sheet. Generic. If this is "Happy", I'd rather smell angry.

on 11/25/2018 2:14:00 PM

I'm in love with this perfume. Its a clean refreshing scent that lasts for hours may be a day. Every time I wear it, I love it more and more. Thanks Clinique