Escada Ibiza Hippie

Escada Ibiza Hippie

4.1

Smells like a big summery fruit cocktail of tropical fruits! Very yummy smelling! The lasting power is not too bad, but my favourite part is that initial blast of fruitiness....so I do re-apply a couple of times during the day to enjoy it all over again :-) Although I like it, I wouldn't re-purchase, as I find all these (Island Kiss etc etc) to be very similar....so I would just move on to whatever they bring out next!

on 10/2/2007 3:44:00 AM

This is how it smells like with my body chemistry.

Ibiza Hippie: lychee, black currant blends with the florals and cranberry is the heart of IH.
i agree that it sort of smell like strawberry but it isn't added, probably due to the yummy berries.

Island Kiss: mango and pineapple is blended with the heart passion fruit and brightened with orange.
IMO without passion fruit, island kiss wouldn't have it's distinctive scent. the dry down gets
deeper and less sharp (orange) which smells really nice candy(not overpowering to me). This lasts the
longest on me.

Rockin Rio: the top note is refreshing and it is lighter than IK but it has the same mango notes.

Pacific Paradise: i smell mango in this but it can never beat island kiss passion fruit note.

Sunset Heat: smells sort of like mango, orange apricot. I think this has the worst lasting power,
well hey, its FRUITS. Refreshing too..

Overall: IMO, 1. ibiza 2. Island Kiss 3. Sunset heat and Rockin Rio 4. pacific paradise last

I dislike reading complaints of ESCADA's lasting power..
The lasting power really varies in the notes used as all are EDT. (EDP lasts longer than EDT)

Not much to complain about but I'm SICK of smelling MANGO for RR, PP, SH for their
editions! All lasts quite long on me except SH(it has lighter notes).

I'm looking foward for next year's edition and I don't regret purchasing IH and IK especially.

on 8/26/2007 3:38:00 PM

I adore it. It's so sweet and fruity and reminds me of strawberries, Yummy.

on 8/19/2007 10:19:00 AM

I love this fragrance in the summer. It is fresh and fruity without being overly sweet and cloying.

Top Notes of Lychees, Pears, Blackcurrant. Middle Notes of Water Hyacinth, Blue Freesia, Cranberry. Base Notes of Amber, Sandalwood, Musk, Passion Flower, Wood notes.

The lychee and blackcurrant stand out when it is first sprayed on. Then the water hyacinth and blue freesia really stand out and on the dry down I think they remain with the amber and sandalwood really standing out in the drydown.

I wish this fragrance was not discontinued. I would continue to purchase this.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite perfumes that I own. To me it smells fresh and fruity, but not in a childish way. It still manages to be sophisticated and sexy. I definitely use it more in the summer than in the winter. I classify fragrances as "day" and "night" and this would fall more into the "day" category.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

PLEASE bring back this delicious fragrance! Tropical, fruity, and addictive!!! Nothing comes close!

on 4/19/2007 3:36:00 PM

ok, this smells absolutley identical to escada's sexy graffiti.....all the LE scents are the same, they all have a certain smell.....they do smell good-fruity and tropical- but, for goodness sakes, do something new escada!!! And I agree with the reviewer below, how it smells like berries gone wrong or something. There's some smell about it that's off....Also,the cap on mine isn't very tight so when i tote it along in my purse, it always comes off which annoys me..but anyway, the initial scent is good, doesn't last long, but i'm sick already of escada's scents...ppllleeeaasseeeee...try something new!!!....EDIT....ok, cap just completely broke...for a 70 something dollar bottle, the freakin cap broke!!!!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Escada changes this tropical perfume every Christmas season. They have tweak just a tad, but they stay pretty close to the same scent. This does take me somewhere tropical everytime I put it on. I love the fruity-floral notes that it has. The staying power needs to improve significantly, for the price that they charge for this. This is LE, so I cannot buy this again, but I would if I could.

I love fruity, bright, summer scents and I've been very curious about the whole line of Escada perfumes. This is the only one I've tried and I really love wearing it. It seems to cheer me up and put me in a better mood. It smells fresh and fruity and juicy, like I can almost taste the fruit and it's sweet without being way over the top. Theres a hint of floral in the mix and it's all blended together perfectly. If I close my eyes, I can almost imagine that I'm at the beach sipping a tropical drink. It's wonderful and I really enjoy wearing it. This is quickly becoming my new favorite scent. The staying power is just okay. The bottle is very pretty and well suited to the fragrance. I will buy this again when I run out. It's a summer staple for me. This is a great summertime scent. I can't wait to try more Escada fragrances. Love it!

on 3/23/2007 5:44:00 PM

I own Rockin Rio, Island Kiss, and Ibiza Hippie. To me, Ibiza Hippie is by far the worst. Maybe mine went bad or something, but it smells like fruity with something wrong to it. I'm finishing my bottle, but really forcing myself to. I much, much prefer the other Escada scents(which I find to be very similar, but this has something "off" about it). The lasting power on this (like other Escada scents) is not very good.