wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder - Precious Petals

wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals
MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious PetalsMegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals

4.6

I'm too pale for this (NC15-17). I tried so hard to love it but it's super obvious and dark when I place it in the areas to highlight my face.

Even the Essence highlighter can be almost too dark for me though. So if you have medium or darker skin I could see someone loving this

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG this is GORGEOUS! I can't believe this is a drugstore highlighter. It can give high end brands a run for the money. Okay, packaging is cheap acrylic but who cares! I almost didn't buy this because it looked kind of dark to me but it's a beautiful golden shade that delivers every time. I like Essence Pure Nude for the winter when I'm paler because it's a subtle "every day glow" kind of highlight but this one by WnW is serious business. Great for days/nights where I want some extra oomph and perfect for everyday in the summer when I have a tan. The texture is soft, smooth, buttery, it doesn't kick up powder and isn't chunky or glittery. Can I mention the pretty pattern stamped into the product?? If you haven't picked this up yet, what are you waiting for???!!! Don't delay (like I did) because you are missing out on a truly fantastic product that costs next to nothing. I nearly purchased the Diorskin Nude Air Luminizing Powder (at 10 times the cost) but when I swatched them side by side I just couldn't justify getting Dior over WnW. Okay, Dior is outstanding and the packaging is to die for, but in the end, the results made the decision easy for me. I really love Dior products but I'm blown away by this Wet 'n' Wild Precious Petals highlighter.

on 5/3/2017 5:05:00 PM

I have been on the lookout for this highlighter but stores were always sold out. I found it at rite aid and they had one left so I grabbed it,wow!! This is a beautiful highlight for drugstore! It's not glittery, just a gorgeous glowy sheen.I'd say this is the best highlighter I've tried,high end and drugstore. Plus it is so cheap but looks like a high end highlighter. WNW has stepped up with their products lately, definitely recommend this one!

I love this highlighter. It's only $5 and definitely worth it. It is very pigmented, but can be applied to look more natural. It has almost no fall out .. it stays right where I apply it and lasts all day without touch ups . It's very smooth and shiny without any glitter in it. Just sparkle and sheen. Looks pretty in any lighting . I hope WnW never stops making this because now that I discovered it, I use it everyday.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Color wise, this isn't my favorite as I prefer a more cool toned frosty, silver highlight. BUT THIS LITERALLY LASTS ALL DAY/ALL NIGHT AT THE CLUB AND IT'S $5!!! It's also not glittery and for that it well deserves 5 stars! Please never get rid of this WnW!

on 4/12/2017 12:28:00 PM

This highlighter is SO GOOD!!! Im not particularly one to use highlighter on my cheeks, but as a browbone or inner eye highlighter?? My god this is heavenly! Its super soft and blends well as an eyeshadow too! Another bonus point for its amazing pigmentation as well. It might come off as chalky when you swatch it on your finger, but upon application it looks amazing. Would highly recommend!

on 4/8/2017 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I finally managed to snag one of these at Walmart and just wow!! It's very pigmented and I love the champagne gold color. My highlighter addiction hasn't quite caught up with my lipstick collection but it's up there and this is an HG!

on 3/26/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This highlighter is amazing! It is so soft to touch and super pigmented which is great! The package is cute too and will last a long time. Great price, worth trying.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Okay I changed my mind on this product, I didn't like it at first because it looked glittery but I just fell in love with it when I applied it on my cheeks! It's so so highly pigmented, so light reflective and definitely blinding! The price is almost twice in where I live but to be honest it's really still inexpensive and I didn't feel like the need to splurge on other more expensive highlighters, and I'm telling you this is my very first highlighter and I'm obsessed with it. Why buy something more expensive if this works amazingly? This is also a really really pretty eyeshadow too I truly recommend this product you won't be disappointed with its pigmentation. The only downside is the cheap packaging, but wet n wild focuses on their formulas rather than their packaging because I feel like they just want their products to be affordable yet works like a highend brand!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

In a word: STUNNING. Seriously ladies, is there any doubt that the drugstore has really upped their game as of late? WnW has always been my favorite drugstore makeup brand along with Maybelline and Physicians Formula (a new addition), and when it comes to powder products (blush, bronzers, eyeshadow & yes! Highlighters) these guys can do no wrong..

Precious Petals is a pale champagne-rose gold hybrid that is exceptionally finely-milled and pigmented, has shimmer with no glitter, and does not emphasize texture or problem areas as far as I can tell. Just really even, breathtaking sheen! And for $4, it's worth it to pick this up as an eyeshadow even if you don't think the color will work as a highlighter. My skin is almost a bit too pale part of the year for this as a highlighter, but I'm still rocking it because it also works as a blush-topper/ inner eye highlight.

The packaging is very basic but functional; I'm not a makeup snob, as long as something closes securely and gets the job done.. I do not care. The product inside is a treasure so WnW gets a free pass. Kudos for cruelty-free as well. Definitely a drugstore score nobody who loves highlighters should sleep on!