wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder - Precious Petals

wet n wild MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals
MegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious PetalsMegaGlo Highlighting Powder -  Precious Petals

4.6

on 5/28/2017 10:52:00 AM

Beautiful highlighter, would buy this over a high end product. Imo, it can look metallic and wet shiny. I live in it. Also, the Crown of my Canopy is nice. I wear them together. I have so many products, I lightly layer several in the same color family and my makeup stays put.

I also have drugstore highlighters from brands Black Radiance, Black Opal, WnW, Colourpop as well as he from Mac, Becca, Ofra, Vintage. If I'd purchased the drugstore highlighters first, I would never have wasted money on the more expensive brands.

on 5/20/2017 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I had wanted this for a while. This is sold out in drug stores in my neighborhood (actually the WnW shelves always have very little stock left) so I had to go a bit far afield to find one. An inexpensive champagne rose gold highlighter suitable for my mature, matte loving, NC 30-35 combination skin. It's relatively subtle when applied with a light hand, can be mixed or layered with various other cosmetics and lasts. Am getting to the age where my love of matte texture isn't always the most flattering, so this is a welcome addition. I most often follow the recommendation to apply highlighter under foundation (a variation on Wayne Goss technique of mixing luminizer into foundation or tInted moisturizer) for a more subtle glow.

I also bought the other colorway: Crown Your Canopy (which I also reviewed under the general listing for Megaglow highlighter). CYC is darker, warmer, more burnished, equally lovely. On me, it's a subtle warm bronze luster (actually more subtle than Precious petals). Warm pale skin tones might find CYC too orange.Over primer, these highlighters last and dont leave obvious glitter residue (my issue with NARS orgasm and south beach multi stick). There is fall out and kickback/dusting, but for the price, and due to the ease of blending, I don't mind. Given how sparingly I use this, one pan will last a long time.

I'm too pale for this (NC15-17). I tried so hard to love it but it's super obvious and dark when I place it in the areas to highlight my face.

Even the Essence highlighter can be almost too dark for me though. So if you have medium or darker skin I could see someone loving this

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG this is GORGEOUS! I can't believe this is a drugstore highlighter. It can give high end brands a run for the money. Okay, packaging is cheap acrylic but who cares! I almost didn't buy this because it looked kind of dark to me but it's a beautiful golden shade that delivers every time. I like Essence Pure Nude for the winter when I'm paler because it's a subtle "every day glow" kind of highlight but this one by WnW is serious business. Great for days/nights where I want some extra oomph and perfect for everyday in the summer when I have a tan. The texture is soft, smooth, buttery, it doesn't kick up powder and isn't chunky or glittery. Can I mention the pretty pattern stamped into the product?? If you haven't picked this up yet, what are you waiting for???!!! Don't delay (like I did) because you are missing out on a truly fantastic product that costs next to nothing. I nearly purchased the Diorskin Nude Air Luminizing Powder (at 10 times the cost) but when I swatched them side by side I just couldn't justify getting Dior over WnW. Okay, Dior is outstanding and the packaging is to die for, but in the end, the results made the decision easy for me. I really love Dior products but I'm blown away by this Wet 'n' Wild Precious Petals highlighter.

on 5/3/2017 5:05:00 PM

I have been on the lookout for this highlighter but stores were always sold out. I found it at rite aid and they had one left so I grabbed it,wow!! This is a beautiful highlight for drugstore! It's not glittery, just a gorgeous glowy sheen.I'd say this is the best highlighter I've tried,high end and drugstore. Plus it is so cheap but looks like a high end highlighter. WNW has stepped up with their products lately, definitely recommend this one!

I love this highlighter. It's only $5 and definitely worth it. It is very pigmented, but can be applied to look more natural. It has almost no fall out .. it stays right where I apply it and lasts all day without touch ups . It's very smooth and shiny without any glitter in it. Just sparkle and sheen. Looks pretty in any lighting . I hope WnW never stops making this because now that I discovered it, I use it everyday.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Color wise, this isn't my favorite as I prefer a more cool toned frosty, silver highlight. BUT THIS LITERALLY LASTS ALL DAY/ALL NIGHT AT THE CLUB AND IT'S $5!!! It's also not glittery and for that it well deserves 5 stars! Please never get rid of this WnW!

on 4/12/2017 12:28:00 PM

This highlighter is SO GOOD!!! Im not particularly one to use highlighter on my cheeks, but as a browbone or inner eye highlighter?? My god this is heavenly! Its super soft and blends well as an eyeshadow too! Another bonus point for its amazing pigmentation as well. It might come off as chalky when you swatch it on your finger, but upon application it looks amazing. Would highly recommend!

on 4/8/2017 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I finally managed to snag one of these at Walmart and just wow!! It's very pigmented and I love the champagne gold color. My highlighter addiction hasn't quite caught up with my lipstick collection but it's up there and this is an HG!

on 3/26/2017 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This highlighter is amazing! It is so soft to touch and super pigmented which is great! The package is cute too and will last a long time. Great price, worth trying.