Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Chai

Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Chai

4.5

Not tested on animals

I got this as the Beauty Insider Sephora bday gift. I am a lowly BI now after being VIB-R for the longest time but for personal reasons Sephora will not let me order online & I’m only welcome to shop in store. Screw that I shop at Macy’s instead where I’m a pariah! Screw Macy’s too. Their return policy is impossible. Chai is a brown MLBB color which is my kinda shade! It’s not as brown as UD1993. It reminds me of MAC Whirl & MAC velvet teddy really nice product simple spartan futuristic grey packaging. This is small enough to fit in the most impossibly tiny purse or jacket pocket (it may melt in a pocket that gets body heat). I really, really love my bday gift from Sephora. Thanks, Sephora! You are good for something after all. Lol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Chai! Even though I'm only NC10, I can pull off this brownish MLBB shade because of the warmth in my skin. Love Bite's color selection and this one is no exception. Long-wearing, slightly drying (1 lippie off), so wear a good balm at night after wearing this to minimize the drying.

on 9/22/2016 3:09:00 PM

Bite has been slowly winning me over with their amazing formulas. I feel like I have 'new product' fatigue sometimes with all the new makeup offerings out there but the formula of this is just amazing. I have another lipstick from them and it's so creamy.

I tried on this color at Sephora and I would say this is a my-lips-but-better color for anyone with more color in the natural pigment of their lips. I am very pale with olive/neutral undertones but have naturally black hair, dark eyes, black brows, my lips are naturally slightly darker, so a lot of the mlbb color recommendations on this site are too pale for me. I thought this would look too brown in a 90's kind of way but it was stunning, a surprise really at how nice the color looked. Hours later, it was still on my lips and it didn't dry them out. I can't wait to buy this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Great semi-matte neutral, goes really well with some smokey eyes or just as an everyday lipstick. A little bit more pigmented and brown-based than a MLBB lipstick, but close. As with all the other Bite Beauty lipsticks, the packaging is adorable and sets it apart from the rest of my lipstick collection.

on 3/22/2016 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Lots to love on this one! The color, the texture, the staying power are all above average. Chai on me, is a medium tone, slightly warm, brownish pink. It definitely lights up my face without being too bright or too dark. It's a color I would wear if I am just doing a quick 5 minute casual face or an "everything" face. It might be a trifle too pink if I were wearing orange, but other than that color, I could wear Chai with anything. I love the texture! It isn't waxy looking at all. It looks rather matte, but not dry, sort of an opaque tint. There's almost no taste. Sometimes I detect a slight minty taste which dissipates pretty quickly. It's not the moistest lipstick I've ever owned, so I must prep with a balm. It lasts as well if not better than Tom Ford cream lipsticks, which had been the longest lasting formula for me.