Glossier Stretch Concealer

Glossier Stretch Concealer
Stretch ConcealerStretch Concealer

3.2

Not tested on animals

Octyldodecanol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Polyethylene, BeesWax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Jojoba Esters, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mica, Silica,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 4/15/2016 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this product. It is terrible for under eyes because it absolutely creases and melts regardless of if you add setting powder etc. I also noticed that at the end of the day it melted with my mascara/eyeliner and it looks like you have dark eye shadow under your eyes.

I DO like it for you when you don't want to wear makeup and want to cover random spots on your face. Definitely won't use it for under eyes though.

on 4/9/2016 5:44:00 PM

I love the consistency and application of this product. This DOES cover, it just does it in a way that looks natural/glowy/hydrating. Although it is not a heavy duty concealer like a lot of the ones that we are used to, that is exactly what I like about it. It looks like the stuff they put on runway models. I have VERY LARGE under eye circles and slight bags. This is the only stuff that looks natural on me. It camouflages my bags but does not completely cover them up. I like that I look hydrated, more awake, and healthier. I feel like it also doubles as a natural highlighter without that artificial sparkles. Think of the natural finish of coconut oil with a medium coverage.

Something to note: this product sometimes causes a red spot to my inner under eye area. I'm combo skin (slightly oily t zone and a little drier and more sensitive everywhere else). I feel like a lot of the Glossier products cause me to get red or a few random red spots (not pimples but irritation) which is really weird. I'm not sure what the ingredient is, but it's something to take note of. Maybe Glossier can take not of this too.

on 4/7/2016 11:38:00 AM

I wear Glossier Skin Tint in medium. I bought Glossier Stretch concealer in medium and it is the perfect color for me. In the morning I wash my face with Glossier Milky jelly and pat my face dry. I apply Glossier Priming Moisturizer. I pat Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with avocado under my eyes. I go eat breakfast and then brush my teeth. I apply sunblock and then 10 drops of Glossier's Skin Tint. I do my eye makeup and then I rub my ring finger in the pot of Glossier's Stretch Concealer. I pat it in the inner corners of my eye and on the darkness that is starting to show on my inner eyes and under my eyes. I also apply a tiny bit around my nose and on my chin. For me it covers my dark circles. I have crow's feet. I need a dewy concealer not one that dries like paint and shows every line. This is much better than Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Concealer for me. It is also much cheaper. I can even wear it alone and it looks natural. I will repurchase when I run out.

on 4/5/2016 10:55:00 AM

I bought this because, well, advertising works. But I like it a lot more than I expected to. So, it is very light coverage as others have said. It will not cover blemishes or hide dark circles. However, I find it is excellent as evening out mild redness, especially in areas around my nose and mouth. It also brightens under my eyes, and helps with blurring pores. I tend to use this for no makeup makeup days. I've had it a few weeks now and it seems like it will last me a while, so while pricey it seems fair enough. I do intend to repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I do like this concealer but not for under my eye, I have dry under eyes and this seems to intensify that while settling into fine lines/creasing. I DO like that it's lightweight and the color match is spot on (I'm extremely pale and got the lightest shade) so I use this around my nose/other red parts of my face.

on 3/29/2016 9:08:00 AM

I couldn't find my nars concealer this morning so I figured I would give this concealer a try since I hadn't tested it yet. I used it underneath my eyes and then other random spots of discoloration/to highlight.

Underneath the eyes it looks absolutely awful. I blended it with a real techniques blender. You could see it sitting in smudgy splotches on top of the skin. And it absolutely does crease even with setting it with powder. My eyes water a little and that definitely made it melt. I normally wouldn’t fault a concealer for that; I am just mentioning it because I really cannot imagine this concealer sticking to any skin with real moisture (oily skin).

I used this after foundation and it smudged and ruined the finish of the foundation underneath. At most this concealer is decent if you use it to spot cover minor discolorations.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I am not someone who wears face makeup like foundation or concealer because I have pretty dry skin, but it is also pretty spot-free. I have some redness because I'm so fair, but I've always just dealt with it. I've also always been a scaredy cat when it comes to concealer because it always just seems to settle in the lines and magnify any creases I have. I decided to give this a try for any days where I have been ravaged by a terrible case of insomnia or if I'm feeling under-the-weather. The color is sheer but brightens my dark circles in a natural way. It really does stretch with your face and sinks in for a semi-dewy finish. It's also nice to cover any redness around my nose and I experimented with layering over some dark spots on my chin. I would definitely wear this for special occasions or to brighten up my complexion. I probably wouldn't wear it daily just because I try and minimize the amount of makeup my skin has to deal with.

I would definitely recommend this product for anyone who just needs some light coverage and wants to avoid a cake-y, heavy look. I bet it's nice for pictures too!

on 3/28/2016 1:34:00 AM

This review is coming from a person who does not normally wear concealer. I've definitely been afraid of it, as every time that I have tried products in the past it comes out cakey and heavy. Very unnatural.

But this is different! It is thin and layer-able, so I can control it very well. The colors are nice, the medium is very neutral and I could imagine it working with a lot of skin tones. The light would be way too light for many people. I wear Alaska in Nars Tinted Moisturizer, for reference.

It also is moisturizing and conditioning. It feels good on! It moves with my skin, and makes my under eye dark circles looks vibrant and reflective. I could imagine how people with oily skin types may find this to be too oily for their skin. But it is great for dry, combo and acne prone skin.

I've also used it to cover up a pimple or two, and usually I avoid putting makeup on these areas as it usually aggravates the situation. But not this! It actually appears to help reduce the acne areas. Magical! Will be using this on problem areas more often!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have slight undereye darkness and redness around my nose that I like to cover up, but I don't need too much coverage. I have a neutral (skewing warm) undertone, light but not porcelain skin, meaning I'm a match for Medium with Glossier products. I purchased this product because the packaging looks great (even though jars are gross, I couldn't help myself), and I like the idea of having a sheer concealer with a natural finish that won't crease during the day.

This product goes on a little too yellow for me, but after blending with my finger, looks just fine as it is quite sheer. It covered my slight redness and dark circles without looking like I have any makeup on - just what I wanted. The finish is dewy to oily looking, but I actually think it looks fresh (I have dry skin FYI). If I want to tone down the dewiness for work, I follow up with Alima Pure mineral foundation in Warm 1 or their Keiko finishing powder.

After a few days of use, I have some increased redness/itchiness around my cheeks, but I have also made a few other switches in my skin care routine, so it's hard to tell whether the concealer is causing any problems. For now I will just say "no" I won't buy it again, unless I'm sure the concealer isn't the culprit, then I will follow up on my review. Overall I think it's a good product, decently priced, and does what it's advertised.

I was excited to try this new concealer with the "stretch" technology. However, I have very dark undereye circles and I am 52 (with outrageously good skin, but it is very dry). This concealer covered marginally the darkness, but worst of all, creased immediately in the tiny little folds under my lower lids. No matter what I did, it creased and made the area look dry.