Glossier Stretch Concealer

Glossier Stretch Concealer
Stretch ConcealerStretch Concealer

3.2

Not tested on animals

Octyldodecanol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Polyethylene, BeesWax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Jojoba Esters, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mica, Silica,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 8/21/2016 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a wonderfully creamy, moderately pigmented concealer that applies beautifully but conceals almost nothing, even when layered. It's a shame it's not more pigmented--the consistency is wonderful and it applies like a dream--but the coverage is pretty much non-existent. It also wears off pretty quickly, even when set with powder. I will try it again with the Skin Tint when the weather cools a bit and hope for better results, but would not repurchase.

on 8/3/2016 9:18:00 PM

I feel like Boy Brow gets all the Glossier press, but Stretch is the dark horse of the Phase 2 collection. It's creamy, it's buildable, it hides what I need it to hide (a bit of redness around the nose and a bit of blue under the eyes) while still looking like skin. It isn't heavy, so if you're looking for more coverage or hydration, skip this. I'm an NC25 and the medium shade matches flawlessly. Also, unlike the Generation G lipstick, the Stretch packaging feels nice and luxe befitting the price: a heavy glass pot with a silver lid.
$18 for 4.8 g at Glossier.com.

on 7/29/2016 12:54:00 PM

This is the most amazing concealer I have ever used! Fine lines? Gone! Dark circles? Gone! It doesn't congeal in any creases either. It makes me look like I just had Botox done around my eyes! I am nearly 61, have fabulous skin without wrinkles and have never had a product work so beautifully! Thank you!

on 7/25/2016 5:10:00 PM

I must be in the minority, but I love this concealer! I've never written a review for a beauty product, but I had to throw my two cents in. I got the shade medium, which is perfect for my skin tone (light-med olive). The concealer is creamy but not like other pot concealers (e.g., Bobbi Brown), which have always caked on me or emphasized dry patches (and I have oily skin!).

I pat it on under my eyes with my ring finger. When I first got it I noticed that it was dewy and a bit sticky. After maybe an hour I noticed a teeeeeny bit of creasing. So I tried setting it with Bare Minerals Mineral Veil. That made all the difference! No creases, no dewiness, no stickiness. My undereye area looks great--NOT like I'm wearing makeup AT ALL. I look like I'm well rested (which is a lie; I'm a mother of three). The concealer stays put seriously all day, which is something that I've never experienced in all my years wearing makeup. Even my Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Concealer would disappear after an hour or two. I have some seriously oily skin, ladies.

So if the Stretch Concealer isn't working for you, try setting it with some powder. Oh and don't expect it to absolutely cover everything. It's supposed to look like skin, but better. You will not look like Kim Kardashian. You will look like a model backstage at Marc Jacobs.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I feel like this is one of those types of concealers that is best used for covering light imperfections or for highlighting/contouring given its creamy texture. My main concerns are redness and acne marks -- this covers redness around my nose but does not effectively cover any of my post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation marks. I can always see a bit of a spot peaking through whenever I layer. I find that using an eyeshadow brush to apply the stretch concealer and blending out by dabbing leaves the best finish with the best coverage, but it seems to melt off of my oily skin within a few hours. I ordered Medium for my NC25 skin as that's the color I use in their Perfecting Skin Tint but I think it might be a smidge too light. Jar packaging is cute but obviously not very sanitary. I'll use up what I have now but will not repurchase.

on 7/18/2016 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm so disappointed in this product. I fell for the hype and articles, ordered it, and waited and waited for them to have more in stock - finally got it this weekend. I've used it for the last 2 days thinking that maybe there is a learning curve to using it but have not had any luck on figuring it out so far. Not only does it not cover dark circles but the coverage is not buildable as it says it is unless you want to age yourself by another 10 years. Also, I have dry skin but this is way too oily. It most definitely needs to be set with a powder, but again, unless you want to look 10 years older be careful when applying the powder, the kind you use, and use an extremely light hand. I really want to like this but it's just not working. Will be sticking with my current concealer until I find something better...

on 7/8/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love how this product looks on my skin. It is very dewy and "skin-like" , however it doesn't cover blemishes that are pretty bad. I've tried color correcting some blemishes that I have before hand, but it doesn't improve to cover them, but this product really does live up to their tag line "skin that looks like skin", and this never breaks me out, even on sunny and hot days.

on 6/29/2016 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Medium

This product is really nice. It's just so light and creamy and easy to apply. Any girl looking for a natural, no makeup makeup look will love this. HOWEVER, if you are a makeup guru and looking for a concealer that covers all blemishes and provides you with a flawless look this is NOT for you. This does not cover blemishes unless they are tiny. This works best for covering some redness and the under eyes without making it look cakey or packed on. This is for the natural look and that's it. If you like that then you will LOVE this.

This concealer is a godsend. I'm acne prone, combination skin, with some discoloration (got bad acne last year). I have tried about 10+ concealers (pot concealers, stick concealers, creamy concealers, etc) and none have felt this nice. I was a little skeptical at first because it claims that it's buildable, creamy, lightweight.. Bought it anyway. I was using a MAC pot concealer.. so dry! Terrible. It creased, just awful.

Glossier Stretch Concealer is a miracle. I can use it as an undereye concealer, I don't even need to use foundation/tinted moisturizer because this does it all! Just rub it with your finger to heat it up and make it more creamy and apply it. It feels like I'm wearing nothing, it looks amazing, it lightens up my face, gets rid of redness around the nose, and for discoloration/acne scars I just build up on it. If one dab doesn't do it, I do another dab. BAM, covered. Also, it blends super freaking well.

I'm lightskinned, so I got the medium. Matches perfectly. My mom is more naturally tan than me and I thought she would need the darker shade because she IS darker than I am, but I actually put it on her and it blended so well, it matched perfectly too! It's magic. And it's dewy! A definite plus.

I'm never not buying this concealer again. I live in the UK and they don't ship here yet (ordered it to a US address while I was there a few weeks ago) and am going to order 3 more when I'm in Chicago this summer. I seriously do not want to run out. Love this stuff!

Oh and I used it in Puerto Rico (tropical, humid, hot climate) and found it lasted pretty well. Maybe with the sweat it creased a tiiiiiny bit under my eyes but nothing dramatic. Now I'm using it in the UK and no creasing. I also read that with some people it apparently mixes with mascara and eyeliner?? Hasn't been an issue for me. Granted, I don't wear a shit ton of makeup, so maybe that's why? Who knows. I do mascara though, and have had no problems with it. Also really into the pot thing-- I'm a finger application kind of person.

Additionally, my skin is sensitive (I wasn't able to use normal baby products way back when) and have had no side effects to it.

I know, I cannot believe that Glossier was actually able to make a perfect product (because no perfect product exists?!), but this is it. Buy it. It's genius.

on 4/17/2016 1:56:00 AM

I don't like that it comes in a pot. To me it's a bacteria breeding ground. It creases terribly and sinks into fine lines. The dewy finish is pretty but by the end of the day all I'm left with is raccoon eyes from the concealer mixing with my mascara. I bought it in medium. It is a perfect match.