Glossier Stretch Concealer

Glossier Stretch Concealer
Stretch ConcealerStretch Concealer

3.2

Not tested on animals

Octyldodecanol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Polyethylene, BeesWax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Jojoba Esters, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mica, Silica,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love glossier, but this didn't work that well for me. I love that glossier promotes a skin-like dewy look. I live for healthy looking skin even though my skin looks like shit. I have hella acne scars. That I try to cover up when I go out in public. This could provide me pretty good coverage, it could have been a little stronger. IT had a pretty good texture. But the color was off. I'm very white and I got the lightest color but it was still too orange. It also got pretty gross in the container. Too many hairs. And I don't think it stayed on long enough. This would be good for someone with really nice skin just covering up your dark circles or one small pimple.

on 3/22/2017 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Honestly, this is one of the most underrated products in Glossier for me.

A little bit about myself:
-oily/combination skin
-mid 20's
-olive skin
-I live in the tropics so my makeup/skincare not only has to adapt to the insane heat + humidity but also to the office AC as well

Good:
-Great range of shades me and my sister are two different skin shades and we both could find one that suit us
-Good for you ingredients! I actually felt my skin improved with consistent use, is it just me? idk.
-Good buildable natural-looking coverage: It worked for a "barely there but a lil more awake" look but also for the times you go on a late night and desperately needed a coffee to survive next morning at work, in short it wont blow your cover wether you are wearing a little bit or a lot.

Bad:
-It did felt rough to put it on without eye cream or mosturizer underneath

Pro-tip: Warm it up a bit between your fingers before you put it on your undereye and it will glide on smoother + always always ALWAYS wear eye cream underneath.

on 3/17/2017 3:00:00 AM

This will work for you if you have no lines whatsoever and no darkness. Its very oily and starts to migrate thereby frosting up my contact lenses. It could be more pigmented. Not sure, nice idea but doesn't cover anything really. Not for oily types either.

on 3/14/2017 2:12:00 PM

This simply doesn't work. Very oily, and when I put it under one eye, I literally can't tell the difference between the eye I've used it on and the eye I haven't. I don't have much trouble with under-eye circles, and just wanted a product to brighten up the area a bit. I would not purchase this product again, and would not recommend it to anyone.

on 12/19/2016 1:15:00 PM

I'm a fan! This is an easy pot concealer with medium coverage and a dewy finish. It's a great dupe for RMS Uncover up for half the price. If you have the RMS, this has less coverage but is far more moisturizing. If you have MAC Studio Finish, this has way more slip and is sheerer as well. The Stretch Concealer is ideal for my combo-dry skin in the winter, when I want to wear as little makeup as possible and add life to my face with a dewy and fresh finish, since my complexion looks so dull and dry with the NYC wind and snow. It doesn't cake or settle into fine lines, which is a first for a concealer on me. The one lippie off is due to its medium coverage. It covers up redness but not my dark circles. I still love it and it has a permanent place in my daily makeup bag now. The shade range is funny, medium was really light and had a pink undertone. Dark (what I purchased) was significantly darker with a peach undertone. Because it's kind of sheer either would have worked but I stuck with Dark for my NC30 neutral tan asian complexion.

on 12/18/2016 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Glossier Stretch Concealer lives up to the hype for me as being a concealer that I reach for daily. I really appreciate how this concealer wears as the dewy finish lasts as does the natural coverage in imparts. I appreciate it under my eyes as it is crease resistant and one can add on layers to brighten without it looking creased and cakey. Because this concealer is buildable, it is tempting to try to achieve full coverage keeping in mind that this product is intended for a more natural look and I never fully covered my under eye circles, a job for a full coverage not-so-natural looking product. I did, however find a very important use for the stretch concealer that I would like to share. Due to dark circles and acne/post acne spots I really need the complete coverage of concealers such as Nars Creamy Concealer and Makeup Forever Full Coverage Concealer. These are heady hitters that really cover darkness well and last forever on my problem areas but they do not look like skin, but dry spots that speckle my dewy face making the use of these products undesirable. My new favorite thing is to tap Stretch Concealer over these concealers to achieve full coverage that blends into my skin perfectly, keeping the dewy finish that I love and keeping my face bright and natural looking. Although I may not use Stretch Concealer along often, I appreciate so very much being able to chance the finish of other makeups that I own making them more natural looking, truly covering my imperfections.

on 11/22/2016 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

This thin, slightly greasy product might be good for teenagers (which are featured in all their ads) but it's simply an overpriced, overhyped product that has minimal coverage for way too much $$$. I wanted to love this.. and yes it is creamy and smooth but it does NOT conceal medium to serious dark circles under the eyes. I am a MAC girl and was looking for something a little less thick (I have tried them all.. Cle de Peu, Armani, Trish, Aucoin, Maybelline, Bobbi Brown... you name it!) but this is wayyy too light and shiny. Colors are too limited as well.

on 11/2/2016 2:18:00 PM

Wanted to like this but it caked under my eyes and settled into fine lines. It also has coconut oil in it so I don't want to use it anywhere else except my under eyes (coconut oil breaks me out badly). Going to try and give it away I really hate it.

on 11/1/2016 9:05:00 PM

I have tried many times now since purchasing this concealer to try and like it, but it just doesn't stand up to others out there. I'm NW20 and am a HUGE concealer junkie (have tried drugstore and sephore/ulta brands). My go to concealer recommendations are Mac, CoverFX, and MUFE. In comparison to those, and I have under eye circles, this concealer is not good. For starters, I'm not a fan of the pot design. I have used pots before and every time I do I remember why I don't like them. Its hard to get adequate product out of them.

For the product itself, this concealer settles into fine lines under the eyes and has a greasy look like other reviewers have stated. I like a fresh, dewy complexion but not under my eyes. Also, the color matching for this in medium is so light. There is also a yellow undertone in the coloring which just looks off on me. It was nice to get and try in the Phase 2 kit, but so far not impressed and won't be repurchasing. This product really reminds me of less pigmented versions of Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier Secret Camo concealer.

on 10/19/2016 10:14:00 AM

I had high hopes for this concealer-I have tried dozens, from drug store brands to department store brands, and they all get cakey, dry, and separate. This one is no different. I feel foolish falling for the scientific hype of some sort of stretchy web that won't get cakey. This concealer settled into my lines, got flakey in my dry skin, and separated, looking blotchy, after an hour.