Glossier Stretch Concealer

Glossier Stretch Concealer
Stretch ConcealerStretch Concealer

3.2

Not tested on animals

Octyldodecanol, Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinate, Polyethylene, BeesWax, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Jojoba Esters, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Lecithin, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Mica, Silica,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been testing this concealer for more than a month, tried every possible make-up application technique under the sun just to make it work - but alas! This concealer is just so bad.

I have dry skin and am in my 20s. I also have very dark circles under my eyes. So knowing that this concealer had avocado and jojoba in it, I figured it would be simply amazing for me. However, it settles into every little fine line and pore on my face (and under my eyes). I speak more about my application techniques and overall product quality in a separate review (http://www.partyparrotblog.com/single-post/2017/07/19/Is-It-Worth-The-Hype-Glossier-Stretch-Concealer), but no matter what I did (how much I exfoliated) it just sat there on top of my skin, looking like a greasy mess. Don't recommend! I would rather add more money and buy something from Sephora instead.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm surprised that I ended up liking this! I was using the NARS radiant concealer in custard and thou its lovely it runs out so quickly. So I decided to try this in shade medium. I heard so much about how it gives so little coverage, but for me it's really sufficient! Definitely buidable. I do two to three layers for areas I want more coverage. I don't like a face full of make up. But a natural finish. This is gorgeous. Packaging is classy in a weighted pot. Only thing is that I have to dip my finger in.

on 6/18/2017 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This concealer is really creamy and soft, which I love - the color is perfect. It's strange because they only offer 5 colors (I'm in dark) and my skintone is pretty hard to match, but when it warms up it blends in really well.

The only things I don't love are a) the price, and b) it's too creamy. I have to go over twice with powder just so that my under-eyes aren't shiny.

I probably wouldn't repurchase because of the creaminess and the fact that I can just use my foundation as a concealer bc my dark circles don't bother me that much.

on 6/10/2017 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Me: Olive NC20ish with normal to dry and very sensitive skin.

What I love: Beautiful dewy skin like finish. It looks so natural on the skin and blends in perfectly. I love using just a little of this on its own on any redness around my nose/ cheeks and then under my eyes. It makes me look like I have naturally fabulous skin and not like I'm wearing makeup. A bit of this + Benefit Gimme Brow + curled eyelashes is my go to for a me but just a bit better look. I've not found any other concealer that looks this skin like and natural. I find it has decent staying power on my skin type lasting around 6-8 hours - longer if I set with loose powder. It is definitely not as long wearing as another favourite of mine - Mac Pro Longwear although the PLW doesn't look as natural. It's fragrance free and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The shade match - Medium - is also perfect for use either on my redness or undereyes.

What I don't love: I wish Glossier either retailed or shipped to Australia. I used a mail forwarding service. I also don't like the limited shade range of this product, it seems like a lot of people would struggle to find a match. It is a lighter coverage concealer - I would prefer something slightly fuller in coverage but it probably wouldn't look as natural if that was the case. It doesn't completely cover my undereye darkness but it does brighten the area and make it look a heck of a lot better without creasing or creating any crepe-iness.

Overall really enjoying this product and would repurchase for as long as I'm enjoying a very natural skin look.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I like this on my face but if I use it under my eyes, I need to use a corrector first (currently Fiona Stiles peach corrector). It wears beautifully with the skin tint. It doesn't cover much but with the aesthetic of the line, it would be weird if it did.
I'm NC15, and use shade Light.

on 5/26/2017 10:57:00 AM

I like this a lot. I find most other concealers I have tried for my undereye circles (Nars, Urban Decay, Clarins Instant) are really aging -- they settle into my fine lines and fine wrinkles and make me look really old and decrepit (I'm not THAT old yet). This one doesn't - or if it does settle a bit after a few hours, I just have to pat it with my finger and it smoothes out again. As others have noted, it does not provide extreme coverage. Under my eyes, you can still see that I have shadow there, but the skin looks significantly brighter, and improved. I also do use it on my nose, which gets unappealingly red and shiny, and I do find it covers the redness well. It's very "glowy", as others have said. I like that under my eyes and don't set with powder. On my nose, I do set with powder and it works fine. I have to reapply on my nose after a few hours, but everything in the world slides off my nose (sigh). Under my eyes, it doesn't make my mascara run any more than any other concealer (and the running stopped once I switched to tubular mascara). If it's allowed, you can use my link to get 20% off your first order - please delete if not allowed! http://bff.glossier.com/fz0E5 (i got 20% off my first order from someone's link on here!)

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This concealer is underrated but I guess it depends on skin type. If you're dry, this will be a God send. If you're oily, make sure you powder and it will stay put. I can imagine oily girls hating this if you forget to powder!

This is creamy, super dewy and high coverage. It pats on naturally and doesn't look cakey or obvious. If you like a natural look, this is for you. Also the jar is glass and heavy which I love! Im asian with yellow undertones and the shade medium works well with me--it has yellow undertones and is equal to Maybelline Fit Me in shade Sand.

The coverage is medium/high and pigmented. You can see the coverage on my flawed/acne prone skin here:

on 5/10/2017 11:15:00 AM

This is cheaply made grease paint made for morons who like to spend money on dumb stuff. It is creasy, settles into pores, has almost no coverage, and only comes in a few colors that do not match their "foundation". Throw this in the trash.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This will settle into any fine lines you have. I don't wear it often - you will need to put foundation first and then this stuff and apply with a light hand. Weird, oily consistency.

Got my first order of Glossier and this was one of the things I bought. I have pretty dark undereye circles and I had just finished my It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye, the one in a pot, and I thought this would be similar. It's way too thin, does nothing to cover my circles and it melts off. By the end of the day, I looked so tired. To me, totally worthless. However. I have to say this -- I sent them an email that I wanted to return it, and they sent me a note make telling me they had credited me for the purchase. I asked them where to send it and they said, don't worry about it. Talk about amazing customer service. I'm sure they don't always do that and you can't make a habit of it, but for a first time buyer, I was bowled over. I will order from them again, just because they are such aces.