Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit
Matte LipKitMatte LipKitMatte LipKit

3.1

on 6/29/2016 3:31:00 PM

customer service is terrible -we are extremely dissapointed in the product-in every aspect and all sales are final-no refunds or exchanges

who sells something that they don't stand behind???

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is by the same company as Colourpop. Colourpop's ultra matte lip has the same bottle, sends you a cute note in the box, and has a very similar formula. Kylie's smells better and many claim it doesn't feel as drying, but you are buying a $6 lipstick rebranded as Kylie's for $29. It does come with an incredible lip liner though that is so velvety and soft and pigmented. If you are ordering Kylie's over colourpop's it is for the lip liner, the brand name, and for a shade colourpop doesn't have something similar too. Overall I love my lip kit and use it almost everyday, it's just a shame its not really kylies creation.

on 6/19/2016 9:05:00 PM

I had been debating for a long time whether or not to purchase a Kylie Lip Kit. Feeling left out and bored one day, I bit the bullet and finally decided to buy one.

I brought the shade Posie. Can confirm that these live up to the hype. The packaging is lovely - simple yet so effective. It actually gets you excited. The application is easy. Both the lipstick and the liner glide on smoothly and dry quickly. I have found this formula actually better than the Lime crime and Jefree Star - MUCH less drying, non smudgy. It also passes the kiss and food and drink test.

Ive found that the people who put this product down are the ones who have A. Never used one before and are jelly (these babies are hard to get hold of) or B. Are a Kardashian/Jenner hater so automatically hate on everything. But, everyone's lips are different so maybe other people are feeling something that I'm not feelin.

They are on the pricey side ($65 AUD) but I think it's worth it.I can't fault this and cannot wait to purchase another one!!

**** Edit Update****

I have since purchased Exposed and waiting for the arrival of the birthday edition Leo :) I have uploaded photos on here - the nude shade is Exposed and the photo where you can see my whole face is Posie (my fave).

on 6/14/2016 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I own Koko K, Dolce K, Candy K, Posie K, Mary Jo K, Kourt K, True Brown K, and 22. The matching lip liner is a great addition to the liquid lipsticks. They are creamy and glide onto lips with beautiful, opaque color. The lip liner and liquid lipstick work in perfect harmony together. The lipstick dries matte in seconds. Very strong cake batter type scent. I find wearing liquid lipsticks you have no choice but to exfoliate and moisturize well. Lipkits are no exception. They are bold, pack a punch, and last. I do like the Lipkits a ton. I'd suggest ordering one or using a friends first if you are skeptical.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love Kylie's Lipsticks her glosses and metallics don't really care for her customer service is horrible they need to work on getting to customers problems like quick. My experience with them was that I never received my kourts i ordered two I was constantly emailing them everyday they'd reply back once in a blue moon and gave me tracking numbers that didn't work or one was saying I lived in another state and I received it they'd tell me they'd send me a replacement but no that was a lie never got it!!!! It's not fair that we pay for these kits and don't even get replacements or refunds. I got my money back from my bank and told them everything that happened with Kylie's site and I hope they get in trouble stealing people's money and not even caring about our problems there's more people not just me with not receiving kits having theirs stolen or used or opened I hope they fix this problem with giving refunds at least. I honestly not happy about it and I don't think I will be buying anymore if they don't fix these problems. Oh and also she needs to package these better so that no one can steal them she has a lot of money I don't get it. Also the price should be the same as colour pop if they're the same formula she over prices them.

I love the lipgloss. I've purchased lip kits and I simply love the product but I orderd my Kylie Lip Gloss in So Cute for this weekend (June 3-7) and I just opened it yesterday and my brush is completely trashed. I can't even use it at all. I emailed Kylie Cosmetics asking if I can get a replacement brush and they told me they sent out replacement brushes which I have never recived. I have still emailed them numorous times, included pics of my brush and have yet to get a response. I'm such a huge Kylie fan and love, love her gloss but I can't believe they won't help me get a brush. I'm now scared to buy product from Kylie cosmetics. Hopefully I hear back from them.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for Dolce K. I did a lot of research before pulling the trigger. I went with Dolce because I saw that it was a dupe for Colourpop's Beeper which is my absolute FAV. Well, Dolce K pulls very brown with grey undertones on me...not the most flattering but I can work with it. I find that it is more on the drying side but not to the point where it bothers me. I put it on at 7am and it began to fade at 10:30 when I ate a croissant for breakfast. I'm sure it would have lasted longer had I not ate something so greasy. The outer edge and inner rim began to wear off but not quite butthole lips level yet. I did find some cracking but no flaking and I ended up taking the whole thing off at noon.

Now for the star of the show..the LIPLINER. Holy moly. I know it's been said that CP/Kylie have the same manufacturer but let me just say Kylie's lip pencil are by far the best ones I have ever tried. There's definitely a gritty/drying feel to the CP lippie pencils but Kylie's lip pencil are so weightless and did not drag upon application This is what makes the lip kit worthwhile to me. The lipstick is eh, probably wouldn't repurchase but if all the lipliners are this great I would definitely repurchase. I wish she sold it separately because $8 for shipping hurts lol.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Firstly the price- AWFUL!
I live in Australia- $29 for product + $15 postage equates to just over $60AUD after exchange rate.
The formula- pleasantly surprising. I compare this to Stila Liquid lips I prefer Kylie's lipkits to Stila Liquid Lips.
The colour lasts a very long time.. A whole day through eating & drinking.. It doesn't look terrible when it starts to wear off like some do.. Just have some lip balm handy & apply it when it starts to wear off after a few hours & it will help it to wear off more evenly.
I actually had to scrub at lips with cleanser in the shower & I still couldn't remove it..
The colours definitely look different to her snapchat & Instagram.
Candy K is definitely more mid tone pink/purple.. I don't think it's neutral at all..I've got neutral skin tone mac NC37, NARS Santa Fe
Dolce K is a brown.. No pink undertones.. It definitely looks like it has grey undertones on me.

If you're in the states go ahead & try it if you can afford to..
Don't bother if you have to pay so much for shipping!

on 5/19/2016 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-The lip liner works amazingly and will last on your lips through 3 meals
-I bought Candy K and Posie K, and the colors are 10/10 - very nice, compliment my skin tone, and are truly matte
-Very easy to apply! I have thin lips, but these are still so easy to apply.
-Packaging is great: I normally use the liquid lipsticks from theBalm meet Matt(e) Hughes and they tend to spill all over the place and overflow the tube. This is different from the lipkits as the packaging makes the tubes look clean all the time
-High coverage

Cons:
-Personally, I hate the smell. It's like this artificial candy-like smell
-It shows your lip lines A LOT but lip balm and beforehand exfoliating will help
-Without the lip liner, it hardly lasts. Well at least for me. I was in a hurry one morning and applied posie K without the liner. It wore off right after breakfast and left my lips with blotches of weird pink

on 5/9/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased Posie K, Candy K, and Dolce K. They're all very nice colors (I'm a golden medium in Bare Minerals and universally a "Medium" in most other brands). These were all gifted to me as I could NEVER fathom the idea of paying $40 for a lip liner which is going to waste having to sharpen it (are we stuck in the 80's?) and a liquid lipstick that's so drying it makes my lips look like the Atacama desert!!! I've NEVER used a liquid lipstick that sunk into EVERY line so horribly! Once it dries, when I smile you can see where it misses every single spots. It looks great on people with wider lips and no lip lines, but having very full, but pinched lips, this just doesn't work on me. Looks nice for pictures, but don't let anyone get too close. It does wear for a very long time and through most food and drink.