Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit
Matte LipKitMatte LipKitMatte LipKit

3.1

I love the lipgloss. I've purchased lip kits and I simply love the product but I orderd my Kylie Lip Gloss in So Cute for this weekend (June 3-7) and I just opened it yesterday and my brush is completely trashed. I can't even use it at all. I emailed Kylie Cosmetics asking if I can get a replacement brush and they told me they sent out replacement brushes which I have never recived. I have still emailed them numorous times, included pics of my brush and have yet to get a response. I'm such a huge Kylie fan and love, love her gloss but I can't believe they won't help me get a brush. I'm now scared to buy product from Kylie cosmetics. Hopefully I hear back from them.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for Dolce K. I did a lot of research before pulling the trigger. I went with Dolce because I saw that it was a dupe for Colourpop's Beeper which is my absolute FAV. Well, Dolce K pulls very brown with grey undertones on me...not the most flattering but I can work with it. I find that it is more on the drying side but not to the point where it bothers me. I put it on at 7am and it began to fade at 10:30 when I ate a croissant for breakfast. I'm sure it would have lasted longer had I not ate something so greasy. The outer edge and inner rim began to wear off but not quite butthole lips level yet. I did find some cracking but no flaking and I ended up taking the whole thing off at noon.

Now for the star of the show..the LIPLINER. Holy moly. I know it's been said that CP/Kylie have the same manufacturer but let me just say Kylie's lip pencil are by far the best ones I have ever tried. There's definitely a gritty/drying feel to the CP lippie pencils but Kylie's lip pencil are so weightless and did not drag upon application This is what makes the lip kit worthwhile to me. The lipstick is eh, probably wouldn't repurchase but if all the lipliners are this great I would definitely repurchase. I wish she sold it separately because $8 for shipping hurts lol.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Firstly the price- AWFUL!
I live in Australia- $29 for product + $15 postage equates to just over $60AUD after exchange rate.
The formula- pleasantly surprising. I compare this to Stila Liquid lips I prefer Kylie's lipkits to Stila Liquid Lips.
The colour lasts a very long time.. A whole day through eating & drinking.. It doesn't look terrible when it starts to wear off like some do.. Just have some lip balm handy & apply it when it starts to wear off after a few hours & it will help it to wear off more evenly.
I actually had to scrub at lips with cleanser in the shower & I still couldn't remove it..
The colours definitely look different to her snapchat & Instagram.
Candy K is definitely more mid tone pink/purple.. I don't think it's neutral at all..I've got neutral skin tone mac NC37, NARS Santa Fe
Dolce K is a brown.. No pink undertones.. It definitely looks like it has grey undertones on me.

If you're in the states go ahead & try it if you can afford to..
Don't bother if you have to pay so much for shipping!

on 5/19/2016 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Pros:
-The lip liner works amazingly and will last on your lips through 3 meals
-I bought Candy K and Posie K, and the colors are 10/10 - very nice, compliment my skin tone, and are truly matte
-Very easy to apply! I have thin lips, but these are still so easy to apply.
-Packaging is great: I normally use the liquid lipsticks from theBalm meet Matt(e) Hughes and they tend to spill all over the place and overflow the tube. This is different from the lipkits as the packaging makes the tubes look clean all the time
-High coverage

Cons:
-Personally, I hate the smell. It's like this artificial candy-like smell
-It shows your lip lines A LOT but lip balm and beforehand exfoliating will help
-Without the lip liner, it hardly lasts. Well at least for me. I was in a hurry one morning and applied posie K without the liner. It wore off right after breakfast and left my lips with blotches of weird pink

on 5/9/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased Posie K, Candy K, and Dolce K. They're all very nice colors (I'm a golden medium in Bare Minerals and universally a "Medium" in most other brands). These were all gifted to me as I could NEVER fathom the idea of paying $40 for a lip liner which is going to waste having to sharpen it (are we stuck in the 80's?) and a liquid lipstick that's so drying it makes my lips look like the Atacama desert!!! I've NEVER used a liquid lipstick that sunk into EVERY line so horribly! Once it dries, when I smile you can see where it misses every single spots. It looks great on people with wider lips and no lip lines, but having very full, but pinched lips, this just doesn't work on me. Looks nice for pictures, but don't let anyone get too close. It does wear for a very long time and through most food and drink.

on 4/20/2016 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a very nice product. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it looked. As someone who has always struggled with applying lip product nicely, this was very easy to apply! It is VERY drying, which is basically impossible to avoid and I've just learned to tolerate it. It didn't last the whole day but it lasted me multiple hours which is great. I learned the hard way that you probably have to avoid most food and drink and be really careful when you can't.

On another note, the price is not great. I wouldn't question $29 for a lip liner and liquid lipstick in a store like Sephora. That would be a great deal. But living in Canada, shipping is $15 and then there's the currency exchange. It ends up costing me like $58 which is pretty ridiculous. Hopefully Kylie Cosmetics will one day start selling their products in common makeup stores where everyone can purchase them.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Genuinely love the product, doesn't transfer, smells lovely! It didn't last all day for me, however, it did last a good 4 - 6 hours so I can't complain, it's the longest a liquid lipstick has ever lasted on my lips. It is a little drying, just make sure you moisturise before using it! I have Dolce K and it's darker than it looks once it dries, however, I have quite a light skin tone so that may be why!

The only fault is the cost of shipping to the UK and that's without the customs and handling charges but that isn't KylieCosmetics' fault!

Would recommend

I have been seeing a lot of positive reviews for this product and I am not even sure if we purchased the same one. I got the shade, "Koko K."

Pros:
- All the colors are very pretty
- Some people have disliked the vanilla cupcake smell but I love it!
- Stays on pretty decently

Cons:
- Very drying
- Cracks easily (and quickly!)
- Although it stays on okay, greasy food and warm drinks should be avoided

I tried everything. Exfoliating my lips, scrubbing them, putting on lip primer and nothing worked. It was still SO dry. And it really accentuated the lines on my lips. Not attractive. Also, the price was ridiculous. For one of these (liquid lipstick plus liner) it's $29 plus tax... plus $8.95 in shipping. That made my total over $40. That is way too much money for a lipstick that cracks within minutes. There are way more affordable options in very similar colors that last longer.

on 3/10/2016 11:15:00 PM

I have the shade Candy K and although it is described as a "warm nude" on the website, it is actually a mauve-y pink brown with cool undertones - I am an NC 25 for reference. Depending on how opaque you apply the lip kit, the lip kit can pull more mauve (purple tones) on the lips, with the exception of those with darker skin tones (it will pull more pink).

The lip kit comes with a lip liner that is not drying. As far as comparisons between other lip pencils go, the lip liner could be Colourpop's lippie pencil's sister! The packaging and the feel of the lip liner is 95% identical! The Kylie lip liner is SLIGHTLY more creamy as Colourpop's is a SLIGHTLY stiffer, but not drying lip liner.

Onto the liquid lipstick, which is what many have been comparing to Colourpop's Ultra Mattes. These two liquid lipped are not twins... they're cousins in terms of formula. The formula is NOT the same! The only similarity they have is the consistency - both are very thin but Colourpop's formula is more water-y than Kylie's. The Kylie lip kit fades evenly throughout the day and lasts a good five hours, does not dry out lips, and is more precise to apply because the formula is not as water-y as Colourpop's. You need very little of the product to get an opaque color on the lips. The lip kits are also very thin and feel lightweight on the lips, unlike Colourpop's. Like other liquid lippies, the Kylie lip kit is not greasy food-proof. If you eat greasy food (I had pasta, Chinese food, etc.), it will fade but it fades evenly and leaves a stain behind.

If you can get your hands on the lip kits, then let the odds be ever so in your favor and grab one to try. You really aren't missing out on anything if you do not have the lip kit. But I will say the shipping cost is RIDICULOUS! $8.95 for shipping... No thanks I do not mind waiting at all to restock if I ever want another lip kit, especially with the subpar customer service team and the website when it crashes during the release period.