Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit

Kylie Cosmetics Matte LipKit
Matte LipKitMatte LipKitMatte LipKit

3.1

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE. I made a large order that ended up costing me a fortune due to the overpricing of the product, shipping and tax, as I live in the UK. I was very excited that I managed to get my hands on these hard to get lip kits, to then receive a incomplete/faulty lipstick. I contacted customer service immediately to be told I cant receive a refund and that they would send me a replacement. 2 weeks go by and I get no notification of it being confirmed or shipped..So I email again...They tell me to wait as they are busy. I finally receive the replacement a month later to be given a incomplete lip kit AGAIN, it is missing the lip liner, because I live in the UK I had to again pay customs tax for the replacement FOR A INCOMPLETE ITEM. I very disappointed and upset with the way I have been dealt with by the company, for Kylie Jenner to put her name on a product and create a brand, it should be all about the customer and delivering the best product they can, but I feel they dont care about the customer and only care about the profit, doesnt matter about the customer. I will NOT be re-purchasing and I advise everyone to AVOID buying her product as you can get a much better lipstick from loads of different brands for a lot cheaper and of a much higher quality. 0 out of 5 Stars. SHOCKING

Honestly, I have several issues with this product. I hear so many people saying 'oh the price isn't even too bad' Well when you live in the UK and you have to pay $15 shipping plus an extra $12 customs it is super expensive for what it is. Plus it leaves your lips dryer than the sahara dessert. The only positive that I have is that I genuinely do like the colours.. and the smell.

I just think you'd be better buying a liquid lipstick from HNHUK.com for a quarter of the price..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was very excited to purchase this lip kit, what with all they hype surrounding it. I've seen so many photos and videos on ig and youtube, reviews saying they were a perfect matte liquid lipstick and that the color is perfect and it was worth the trouble and the price purchasing it. So i ordered them as soon as i found out they were restocking again. Although it was a bit pricy i didn't mind just as long as i find the perfect matte lippie (i should say i am obsessed with matte lippie, i love Mac's Persistance, it's a nude matte that i think is perfect for a fair skin tone). But fast forward to 1wk after i got the confirmation saying it has been shipped, i was rather expecting it to take longer than a wk, but it did came earlier so i was very surprised and excited. The packaging was really pretty, i still have the box and i don't intend to chuck them in the bin anytime soon =). The color i purchased was Candy K and Exposed, i was never a fan of red lippie, i prefer the muted, nude colors. I tried the Candy K first, the lip liner was very easy to apply, very smooth and creamy, i normally fill my lips with the lip liner cuz it helps the lippie last longer. The smell of the liquid lipstick itself was really good, smells like vanilla. It wasn't so easy to apply as they dry really quickly, like less than 10secs, so there is no room for mistake. Although i love how it glides easily to my lips, i find it hard to perfectly apply them, so once it dried, i ended up with uneven patches. =( But bcuz i'm not used to liquid lipstick i thought it was just me and that i need to practice more. So that's what i did. After about the nth try =) i finally was able to apply them perfectly (atleast in my opinion, it was =)) I liked Candy K, it dried as a perfect matte finish, just the way i wanted it, but unfortunately to me it was tooooo drying =( after a few minutes my lips looked so dry u can see all the crevices up close (well from afar it looks nice), but zoom in my lips it wasn't very pretty at all, it felt like a desert, i tried applying lip balm but it only smeared and applying a lip balm defeats the purpose of it being matte. Then i tried the color Exposed and i was devastated that it doesn't look as good as in the photos. I looked sickly, =( and it was worse than Candy K in terms of it being drying. I ended up with patches and it was so hard to removed as well. I was just so disappointed and although i have been using the lip liner with other lippies that i have (i have recently purchased Chi chi Viva La Diva matte lipstick in Downtown Girl and Social Climber color, and i would say, they are soooo much better than Kylie's lip kit.), i have never again so much as touch the liquid lipsick that came with it. So overall, i won't recommend this to my friends. If u have plenty of money to spare, then go and experience it yourself, but if you are on a tight budget and looking into getting a matte lippie, don't purchase this.. get Mac or Chi chi. Hope this helps. =)

on 6/29/2016 3:31:00 PM

customer service is terrible -we are extremely dissapointed in the product-in every aspect and all sales are final-no refunds or exchanges

who sells something that they don't stand behind???

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is by the same company as Colourpop. Colourpop's ultra matte lip has the same bottle, sends you a cute note in the box, and has a very similar formula. Kylie's smells better and many claim it doesn't feel as drying, but you are buying a $6 lipstick rebranded as Kylie's for $29. It does come with an incredible lip liner though that is so velvety and soft and pigmented. If you are ordering Kylie's over colourpop's it is for the lip liner, the brand name, and for a shade colourpop doesn't have something similar too. Overall I love my lip kit and use it almost everyday, it's just a shame its not really kylies creation.

on 6/19/2016 9:05:00 PM

I had been debating for a long time whether or not to purchase a Kylie Lip Kit. Feeling left out and bored one day, I bit the bullet and finally decided to buy one.

I brought the shade Posie. Can confirm that these live up to the hype. The packaging is lovely - simple yet so effective. It actually gets you excited. The application is easy. Both the lipstick and the liner glide on smoothly and dry quickly. I have found this formula actually better than the Lime crime and Jefree Star - MUCH less drying, non smudgy. It also passes the kiss and food and drink test.

Ive found that the people who put this product down are the ones who have A. Never used one before and are jelly (these babies are hard to get hold of) or B. Are a Kardashian/Jenner hater so automatically hate on everything. But, everyone's lips are different so maybe other people are feeling something that I'm not feelin.

They are on the pricey side ($65 AUD) but I think it's worth it.I can't fault this and cannot wait to purchase another one!!

**** Edit Update****

I have since purchased Exposed and waiting for the arrival of the birthday edition Leo :) I have uploaded photos on here - the nude shade is Exposed and the photo where you can see my whole face is Posie (my fave).

on 6/14/2016 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I own Koko K, Dolce K, Candy K, Posie K, Mary Jo K, Kourt K, True Brown K, and 22. The matching lip liner is a great addition to the liquid lipsticks. They are creamy and glide onto lips with beautiful, opaque color. The lip liner and liquid lipstick work in perfect harmony together. The lipstick dries matte in seconds. Very strong cake batter type scent. I find wearing liquid lipsticks you have no choice but to exfoliate and moisturize well. Lipkits are no exception. They are bold, pack a punch, and last. I do like the Lipkits a ton. I'd suggest ordering one or using a friends first if you are skeptical.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love Kylie's Lipsticks her glosses and metallics don't really care for her customer service is horrible they need to work on getting to customers problems like quick. My experience with them was that I never received my kourts i ordered two I was constantly emailing them everyday they'd reply back once in a blue moon and gave me tracking numbers that didn't work or one was saying I lived in another state and I received it they'd tell me they'd send me a replacement but no that was a lie never got it!!!! It's not fair that we pay for these kits and don't even get replacements or refunds. I got my money back from my bank and told them everything that happened with Kylie's site and I hope they get in trouble stealing people's money and not even caring about our problems there's more people not just me with not receiving kits having theirs stolen or used or opened I hope they fix this problem with giving refunds at least. I honestly not happy about it and I don't think I will be buying anymore if they don't fix these problems. Oh and also she needs to package these better so that no one can steal them she has a lot of money I don't get it. Also the price should be the same as colour pop if they're the same formula she over prices them.

I love the lipgloss. I've purchased lip kits and I simply love the product but I orderd my Kylie Lip Gloss in So Cute for this weekend (June 3-7) and I just opened it yesterday and my brush is completely trashed. I can't even use it at all. I emailed Kylie Cosmetics asking if I can get a replacement brush and they told me they sent out replacement brushes which I have never recived. I have still emailed them numorous times, included pics of my brush and have yet to get a response. I'm such a huge Kylie fan and love, love her gloss but I can't believe they won't help me get a brush. I'm now scared to buy product from Kylie cosmetics. Hopefully I hear back from them.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This review is for Dolce K. I did a lot of research before pulling the trigger. I went with Dolce because I saw that it was a dupe for Colourpop's Beeper which is my absolute FAV. Well, Dolce K pulls very brown with grey undertones on me...not the most flattering but I can work with it. I find that it is more on the drying side but not to the point where it bothers me. I put it on at 7am and it began to fade at 10:30 when I ate a croissant for breakfast. I'm sure it would have lasted longer had I not ate something so greasy. The outer edge and inner rim began to wear off but not quite butthole lips level yet. I did find some cracking but no flaking and I ended up taking the whole thing off at noon.

Now for the star of the show..the LIPLINER. Holy moly. I know it's been said that CP/Kylie have the same manufacturer but let me just say Kylie's lip pencil are by far the best ones I have ever tried. There's definitely a gritty/drying feel to the CP lippie pencils but Kylie's lip pencil are so weightless and did not drag upon application This is what makes the lip kit worthwhile to me. The lipstick is eh, probably wouldn't repurchase but if all the lipliners are this great I would definitely repurchase. I wish she sold it separately because $8 for shipping hurts lol.