Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 4/14/2002 8:40:00 PM

I love this product, seems the color golden is a little light for my skin, what powder is recommended for this product

on 3/4/2002 11:22:00 PM

This is a great foundation if you can find a color match. Maybe it's just me, but I get a little frustrated with Maybelline's foundation colors. In this foundation (and other Maybelline foundations) the Ivory shade is only appropriate for people who are quite pale. Yet the next shade up, Buff, seems to have an obvious peachy tint to it in all of the foundations. The third one up, Nude, is more neutral but too dark.

This one does give good coverage and the finish is silky-smooth. I agree that it has a chemical-type fragrance to it that is a bit annoying when you are applying it, though it goes away afterwards. I suppose it does have a bit of a wide rim, I didn't really notice that when I used it. I'd repurchase this if Maybelline would come out with some decent shades.

I love this foundation...it is perfect for me!! I've tried lots of high end brands and I think this might be my favourite. Just goes to show that you don't need to spend a fortune! I noticed other reviewers commenting on the bottle, here in the UK it is sold in a tube!!

Way to go Maybelline! This foundation has got to be the best kind I have tried in quite a few years, from low end to high end, this is one of the best! It goes on super smooth and the coverage is wonderful! I cannot rave enough about it, and an added plus is its good for ur skin and wont break your face out or aggrivate acne, WooHoo!

on 1/27/2002 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

this is a WONDERFUL foudnation! it's so lightwieght and creamy, but at the same time, it gives great coverage! it really gives a natural look! i think it's because i found the perfect match for my skin! i have fair skin with yellow undertones, and the #1 color was perfect! it really gives a smooth finish.

on 12/8/2001 2:24:00 PM

This is the first Maybelline product I've ever tried. I agree with the reviewers who have said this is a really nice product. It is extremely smooth, and does create an instant softening effect on any lines or dry skin. I can't fall in love with this, though, because I haven't found a good color match. The lightest shade is nearly white, and the second shade looks perceptibly orange on my skin. For a quick, sure-fire smooth look, though, I'll definitely keep this around. I agree with the reviewer who complained about the wide bottle opening-- what the heck? You could have half the bottle slip out on your fingers if you don't watch out. If I were Maybelline, I'd change the product to be fully unscented, too. It doesn't have a bad smell, it's just noticeable and slightly chemically. But this is a great cheap foundation.

Maybelline Smooth Results Foundation

I really like this foundation. Maybelline has been very good these days at providing foundations in realistic skin colors.

As for the Smooth Results Foundation, I have to say it is beautiful stuff. It goes on smoothly, covers well and has an SPF 18 sunscreen. This is superior to many department store foundations.

I strongly advise that if you have slightly oily skin, skip the moisturizer. You wont need it.

The only criticism is the bottle...for some reason, the wide mouth opening makes me uneasy. However, it is a great foundation and I think everyone should try it.

Hint: if you have oily skin, you should apply a thin layer of loose powder over your oiliest areas after the foundation application. continued >>

on 9/6/2001 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This foundation is better than most high-ends I've tried! It provides super coverage and feels very light on the skin. It also moisturizes dry areas. Just wonderful!

on 7/16/2001 3:05:00 PM

A very good silicone based foundation. The yellowish one in my shade is Nude. It last fairly long, is moisturizing and is good for people with large pores, like myself. I don't perfectly match this color, so i'm going to have to stop using it, but i will first try to find something to mix it with, because i really am liking it more than i originally thought. About $9.

on 6/20/2001 5:47:00 AM

Absolutely fabulous product!! I am in love with this stuff. Covers very well, doesn't cake, and lasts for a long time. A STEAL at $7.00!