Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 12/28/2002 7:57:00 PM

I bought this because of the raves on MUA, but it didn't work for my combination skin. I bought Ivory, the lightest shade, and found that it didn't blend well, and almost immediately it slipped off of my nose, and yet magnified any flaky skin I had. It was totally gone by the end of the day. This is nice for "spot" coverage if you can find a good match, but it simply doesn't have the lasting power I expect from a foundation. The smell is sort of icky too- it's chemically, so it'd be hard to tell if it's gone bad or not.

on 12/23/2002 11:48:00 AM

I liked this foundation as much or more than high-end liquids. It's got pretty good coverage, is very smooth going on, and is a good color match for my PPP warm-toned skin. It does have a lot of "glow" to it, which I'll like more when the weather gets warmer (in the colder weather, I prefer a matte face). For the $4 I spent, this was a great deal.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great coverage for my dry skin. Color selection is ok.

on 12/15/2002 1:13:00 AM

Cheap rubbish. Absolutely stinks of a chemical smell, and poor colour range. Fades after about half an hour too.

on 11/10/2002 5:57:00 PM

So far I really like this foundation. The lightest color was a good match. Its a really nice coverage and finish for me. Good for winter, when my skin is a little bit more dry than in the summer months. Not sure how it would hold up to humidity and heat..but for winter its great!

on 8/15/2002 10:06:00 AM

I really liked this alot, I have the color golden dore, it was a perfect match for my skin tone I have light olive skin tone. It even out my skin tone and blend perfectly and looked natural and lasted all day, great foundation.

on 8/14/2002 4:38:00 PM

I love this foundation! Beautiful formula that is creamy and blends effortlessly. I think another reviewer said she could put it on in the dark and still not get streaks - I agree! Usually, I would wear this for more formal occasions, since the coverage is medium to full, but the last couple of days (this is august in baltimore) I've been applying with a foundation brush and then applying my SPF moisturizer OVER it - this works great, and gives a nice sheer dewy finish. This is another one of the maybelline fdtns that is light enough for me to wear...

on 7/12/2002 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've tried so many different foundations, and this is one I keep coming back to. This is an excellent foundation. I use the Ivory shade for my fair/pale skin, although it doesn't make me look like a ghost. It requires effortless blending. You can put this on in the worst of lighting and not see streaks. It's also great for my oily, acne-prone skin. It leaves a beautiful, almost flawless finish (I have to supplement with Laura Mercier Secret Camoflage concealer for extra coverage). It's lightweight but really evens out the skin tone. The only thing missing is oil control, but I have yet to find a product that does that, so I use Clean & Clear oil-absorbing sheets throughout the day. Anyhow, I highly recommend this foundation!

on 6/26/2002 6:03:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Medium

My favourite foundation. Compared it with Jane's Stay Calm, Maybelline won for staying power, blending, flawless result, and it has spf 18 and vitamins. I use Nude (Naturally in Jane).

on 5/3/2002 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a GREAT Foundation. It goes on so smooth. Also, 2 more Pluses... 1)it contains an SPF and 2)I don't need a moisturizer when I use this! No breakouts so far either...YAY! Definately try this one!