Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

I always had trouble with foundations before trying this one... Actually I nicked it from my mom because she found it was too light for her. (I have the lightest colour but it doesn't appear to be the same thing as the Maybelline version-> over here in europe it's called Gemey Maybelline). Anyway I found it easy to apply and quite natural looking, it does last quite long (from 7:30 to 5:00) but it did tend to dry my skin out after a while. I really like it. I am testing other foundations at the moment but I use this as a reference.

This foundation was horrible for me. I know there are alot of good reviews but I did not have as much luck with it. First of all the colors are very limited and the closest one to me (buff) made me look like I smeared peach cream blush all over my face. I mormally wear buff but maybelline buff is much different than other brands. It did not blend well over my face and my results were definitely not smooth. One good thing that I will say about it is that it did not accentuate pores as some foundations do. Overall I really just hated it and would never purchase again.

on 4/12/2003 2:52:00 PM

I can't believe it! I have finally found my HG foundation - and who would of thought it would be Maybelline?! I would have never tried this if it wasn't for the reviews here at MUA but am I ever glad I did. Nice smooth natural look and feel, light to medium coverage, and ivory is the perfect match for my PPP skin. I couldn't be happier! And did I mention that it is only $12.95 Can.!?

on 3/26/2003 2:43:00 PM

ok...I've been reading reviews like crazy the past few days, desperately trying to find a foundation that covers large pores. I have a small face with small features and pretty good skin (a lil dry) but the pores on my cheeks have been standing out lately and I have no clue why!! So I read reviews on everything Chanel, Vincent Longo to Rimmel! I realized there is no perfect foundation, but I also realized I had this on my swap list and never even tried it. After reading the positive feeback on Smooth Result, I decided to try it. All I have to say is AMAZING! My pores look so much better-Very light now...and the shade, Buff, is one of the 1st drug store brands not to turn pink on me! Plus it's pretty cheap. I think I'll be taking this off my swap list now!!

on 2/28/2003 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Age Minimizing Makeup SPF 18
Ivory/Ivoire

This is not good.

The shade seemed nice and light upon application, but it turns peachy (and darker) after it warms up on the skin.

The foundation smoothes on well, but then just sort of sits on top of the skin. Further blending makes it look streaky and magnifies any flaky areas. Within an hour it has settled into EVERY SINGLE ONE of my fine lines and wrinkles (and I'm twenty-six). By the end of the day the coverage has vanished yet it looks patchy, cakey and powdery.

On top of all that, it has a very chemical smell.

Um, don't use this. It made me look older and my skin rough and dehydrated. Search me why this is called "Smooth Result Age Minimizing Foundation".

me: *extremely* fair with cool undertones; grey eyes, dark blonde hair;
extremely dry, sensitive skin with random spots

www.maybelline.com continued >>

on 2/20/2003 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'm one of the few who thinks this stuff is only ok.... It's a close enough match to my shading, but it makes my face look a bit mask-like. I'm no high-end snob, but this is one drugstore product that doesn't live up to my more expensive stuff.

I have this in natural beige. what a great foundation. has SPF 18, goes on creamy, blends easy, finishes fresh & dewy. covergae is excellent, yet still light. I have a light dusting of freckles across my cheeks that were still visible. I did not need to use concealer & this stayed on for 7-8 hours. has a faint make-uppy smell, but is very tolerable. my only complaint is the wide mouthed bottle, I use a Q-tip to get it out. Overall this is a superior, inexpensve foundation for anyone of any age. (MMM dark red/green)

I normally drop a wad of cash for Chanel or Lancome foundation, but I read some reviews for Smooth Results and I totally go for the 'dewy' look. This stuff works better than all the others I've tried AND it camoflages the few large pores I have. It doesn't look cakey or too wet. It lasts too. I rarely buy drugstore make-up, but I won't waste another dime on high-end foundation. I wish Maybelline would stop tesing it's products on Animals.

medium coverage and is great for dry and dehydrated skin

on 1/12/2003 10:50:00 PM

I really do like this product! It gives you a nice clean finish, spf protection and no oily residue. Plus its anti-aging, works great! Nice price too!