Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 11/15/2003 7:25:00 PM

this is my holy freakin grail. I got it at CVS after a 40 percent reduction and a manufacturers coupon so it was like 2-4 dollars hah. instead of the 8 dollar value. anywhoo i bought this in sand. and i have olive skin because i am part israeli. my nose is dry but the rest of my skin is normal. i use it on my nose sometimes and its oK- eh i dont know. anywho it fits perfectly and it really fights lines nicelly too!!!uPDATE: er...i see the orange, i cant find anything else thats good for me though so sigh no HG graa.

on 11/1/2003 12:42:00 AM

This foundation had a nice feel however I picked nude for it's neutral look and it went on a little orange looking, and this is not for oily gals. I had an oil slick after just a few hours.

on 10/11/2003 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this stuff is the BEST. i was running out of my l'oreal translucide, which i've been using religiously for about 2 years, and was feeling kind of panicked because i couldn't find it anywhere (they must be discontinuing it?). so i looked at the reviews on makeup alley and tried this. i'm so glad i did. this is way better than translucide, which provided natural looking coverage but made me an oil slick within a few hours. smooth result goes on easily, blends easily, looks completely natural, covers EVERYTHING and lasts 12 hours. no breakouts. i am extremely fair and the lightest shade actually looks completely natural on me, a rarity. plus it's cheap and it has spf 18. only downside--weird chemical smell. but i can live with that to have flawless looking skin. this actually makes me glow. HG.

on 10/3/2003 12:23:00 AM

For anyone who loves GA LSF but can't afford that god awful price, this foundation is a good alternative. I would say this has slightly better coverage and the final finish is a tad less dewy, but overall, very nice, smooth, non cakey, slightly luminous foundation. This is a great foundation for the wintertime, and what I love about it most is that it doesn't catch onto my dry spots and cause caking (which many high end foundations as well as other drugstore brands tend to do). For me, I can even wear this without moisturizer, but I don't need powder over it either, and it contains a high SPF, so if I'm short on time, I can just wash my face, slap this on, and go. I couldn't find an exact color match (C3/NC30) so I ended up buying and mixing 2 colors (Ivory and Buff) during a BOGOF sale and then just adding a bit of my Shu Uemura color correctors to tweak the final color.

on 9/24/2003 1:46:00 PM

As my summer tan faded, I needed to find a new (lighter) foundation to take the place of my Clinique Gentle Light (I don't like the fairer shades of that particular foundation). After reading the great reviews here, I tried Smooth Results. I absolutely love it. It's perfect for those of us with dry skin. It covers well but feels like nothing, and leaves my skin dewy but not shiny. It doesn't break me out, either. And it's cheap! I can't say enough good things about this stuff. My only complaint is that I am between the two lightest shades, Ivory and Buff. But at this price, I can afford to buy both and mix them to get the perfect shade. Huge rave from me!

on 9/12/2003 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I SWEAR by this product. I use Caramel, and I love the smooth, creamy coverage it provides without getting oily or icky over time. I apply it over concealer and my skin feels and looks like heaven. The SPF 18 protection and
the ridiculously low price makes me swoon, I haven't found a foundation so compatible with my skin as this.

My major peeve with it is the fact although it's long-lasting, it's not smudge-proof.

on 9/3/2003 7:40:00 AM

Honestly my favorite foundation, this stuff just becomes addicting. I'm only 18, but I have smile lines and the moisture rich formula of this make up is a blessing! The only con is that it requires a lot of skincare upkeep when you're not wearing it, otherwise you could easily breakout - but a good astringent or toner solves that problem. Certainly NOT for oily and/or acne prone skin.

I love this product. Wear it in NUDE. It's the best I've used.

I'm very lucky that this really suits my skin, colour and formula-wise, 'cause it's such a good price! I've got it in Natural Beige and it's just about perfect, gives that little bit extra healthy colour and it's great for Winter as my slightly combination skin does get slightly dry. It doesn't clog my pores and I wear it without powder and it doesn't get shiny at all. This might change when the warmer whether comes back, but for now...I love it!

PS: I've read Paula Begoun's comment on this and unfortunately, the sun protection in it doesn't contain adequate UVA protection, so when I wear it I put the proper protection under it and I'm covered, or don't worry if it's at night!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love the formula, creamy, moisturizing and easy to blend, yet dries to a nice matte finish(contrary to what a previous reviewer stated, this is not all oil, it's actually oil free). My only complaint is the bottle, it's a REAL pain to get this thick creamy foundation out of the bottle, a pump would be so much better for this formula but I guess for this price I shouldn't complain. This is a wonderful foundation and I definitly reccomed it if you can find your color match out of the limited selection(the color selection in most all drugstore foundations very limited and this is no different unfortunately.