Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 6/26/2004 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dry acne-prone skin and I've been using this foundation for a couple of years now and I'm really impressed with it. It's much better than I expected from a drugstore foundation. It goes on easily, and covers amazingly well. The staying power is really good if you set it with a little bit of loose powder. My skin stays hydrated throughout the day with no breakouts. Plus it's spf 18, what more can you ask for?
In the winter I blend "Ivory" and "Nude" for a perfect match to my skin, and in the summer on the days that I wear foundation, I put on a very thin layer of "Nude". I'm giving this five stars because so far I haven't found a better foundation.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Strangely enough, this makeup which is something i would normally never choose. As it is first made my maybelline which i normally think is gross, it's thick and seemed really moist. but i needed something hydrating and full coverage. It rocks!!! I'm barely 30, with no wrinkles, have NC35 combo scarred skin(hyperpigmentation) my cheeks are super dry, the tzone oily. The shade NUDE is a perfect match!!!!!! shock shock!! This does make the tzone oilier, but the coverage is great and buildable. Unless you want to look super dewy, you'll need a powder to finish it.(I use cornsilk loose powder in "no color") Despite the oilyness in the tzone, no breakouts and I have been using it for a month. Good stuff!

This was my first foundation, and i got it hoping to cover some of my acne. It didn't relly hide my acne. Other than not hiding my acne, it worked pretty well at making my clear patches of skin even-toned. I probably won't buy it again unless my acne clears up. It didn't make my face really oily or make me break out more, and it matched my skintone great.

on 4/8/2004 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product went on smooth, and looked great-(at first), however if you're acne prone it's definitely not the product for you. After about 5 days of use my skin was covered in bumps that were almost like blind pimples (I'm sure it was a reaction to the high spf factor of 18). I'm finding that any foundation with spf is playing havoc with my skin. Probably a decent product for anyone who doesn't have sensitive or acne prone skin.

on 3/29/2004 10:27:00 PM

Picked this up in Golden (for $1.50 on clearance at Target) and was pleasantly surprised. It matches my skin well and doesn't look mask-like. It's light and blendable. No breakouts from it as yet, and it doesn't turn my face into an oil slick. Not bad at all.

I tried this foundation after having bad luck trying to find a color in Clinique's Dewy Smooth foundation. I am an NC30 in MAC StudioFix and I bought the Smooth Result in NUDE. I think this foundation is great as the coverage is good, it is super blendable and the color match is wonderful as I am asian and have yellow undertones. I do like the texture/moisture of Dewy Smooth a little better than Smooth Result but that means nothing if Dewy Smooth colors don't match me. Anyway the Smooth Result is about $14 cheaper! Smooth Result is quite comparable to the Dewy Smooth finish but with a lighter coverage that looks quite natural. I have dryer skin in the winter so I'll happily be using this for now, since StudioFix can be a little drying this time of year. In the summer I have combination skin so I'll wait to see how Smooth Result holds up then.

on 2/6/2004 11:14:00 PM

I really love the feeling of this foundation. it's easy to apply and it smooth like its name. it also make me skin no shine at all

on 1/4/2004 9:12:00 PM

This is a very nice foundation. It works great on my skin during the winter months. The color I purchased is Golden, which looks great on me. I am Asian and have olive skin, and this foundation is just perfect.

on 12/23/2003 2:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is a great inexpensive foundation. I'm 36 and have more than a few fine lines. This is very moisturizing without being greasy. It provides great, full coverage and it's my HG foundation for winter. I'm a PPP with yellow undertones and I find Ivory to be a perfect shade match. I use this with CG Smoothers pressed powder and my skin looks flawless.

on 12/16/2003 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It didnt blend very well and I felt like I was wearing a mask.