Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

My biggest compliment for this foundation goes to the color "Ivory". VERY few foundations are pale enough to match the "winter" me without having to wear at least a little bit of self tanner. This comes very darn close. The second compliment goes to the finish that this gives. It gives me a luminous, almost dewey finish that I prefer.

I do, however, have a couple of complaints. First, for how thick the foundation is, the coverage should be better. I would say it is a medium but can be reapplied for more coverage without looking thick and goopey. Second, because I like the finish so much, I do not wear powder over it, I just wear it as is. But wearing it this way, the staying power isn't anything to brag about. BUT, being that it only costs 10USD, I don't mind having to touchup a couple of times through the day, although it is a hassle to do so. I am hoping that I can stick with this one at least through the winter months, if nothing else, just for the color.

on 11/5/2004 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation has a good covering result. It doesn`t look like a mask on my face. Vitamines look to give my skin healthy look. BUT it does caus blemishes on my face and it doesn`t give a matt result. That`s why I will not repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had to return my Dream Matte Mousse foundation as my skin is dry and every flake and pore showed up. After reading your reviews for this foundation I made an exchange and purchased Smooth Results in Sand. Perfect! The color is an exact match, the texture and coverage is exactly right for my mostly dry skin. It absorbs quickly, is dewy but not greasy, and best of all has a sunscreen of 18. So far, so good.

on 8/14/2004 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This foundation has a nice, creamy, and smoothe texture. It provides a medium to full coverage and is emolient enough for drier skin types. It also has SPF 18, which is nice, but I still wear a moisturizer with SPF underneath. The staying power is pretty good considering the creaminess and emoliency of the foundation. My only complaint is the bottle it comes in. It's glass with a neck that's wider than my finger. A sanitary pump would have been perfect.

on 8/3/2004 7:37:00 PM

Thanks to many of the good reviews here, I decided to try this foundation. I have fair combo skin prone to occasional breakouts. Ivory (Light 1) looked too light for me, so I purchased the Buff (Light 2). The Buff is a little dark for me, but it ends up giving me a little color. This is a good thing since I normally look like a ghost. But having said that, I will probably eventually purchase the Ivory when there's a sale. I have just used this for a few days, and so far it's a really great foundation. So far it hasn't caused a breakout, and I'm hoping it stays that way because I'm really loving this. It gives very good coverage, yet it doesn't look cakey or unnatural. And it makes the skin look smooth (as the name implies). This is an excellent find--and it's so inexpensive. As long as it doesn't break me out, I will continue to use this excellent foundation.

on 7/29/2004 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay this stuff is pretty good at keeping skin moisturised, but it hardly stays on for long, and the colours available just don't look very natural on me. The packaging isn't really good because it leaks. Also, I have noticed my skin's pores becoming larger and my T-Zone got oilier and I'm rather upset!!

on 7/18/2004 5:49:00 PM

It's one of the best foundations Maybelline has come out with, IMO. The SPF is good to have, as always, the coverage is okay, and I can't say I noticed any smoothing effects, except maybe for my skin being evened out, tone-wise. But then again I'm 19 so what do I care about smoothing out wrinkles ;) In any case, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone because it goes on rather naturally, isn't very cakey, great stuff!

on 7/15/2004 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Well i had to try this as i'm on the hunt for a good foundation for my very acne prone/sensitive/combo skin. Love this foundation! I have a few dry patches, few old acne marks, t-zone gets oily, and i have some crows feet. This product made my skin look great, which does not happen very often. I'm med/olive and a litte tan and the shade Tan, was just a smidge lighter than my chest but i used some BB Bronzer and i looked perfectly blended. No oilies, no flakies, and no visible pores, i'm stunned...The only drawbacks for me are that the bottle has no pump, for application and the next shade Deep is too dark so if i get anymore sun i'll have to mix the two shades. Oh well, $20/2 instead of $65/1 i can handle.

I am writing this review for my mom who used the product. She seems to agree with the previous reviewer. My mom had been looking for a foundation with SPF because she plays a lot of golf in the summer. For her, THAT WAS A MISTAKE! Every time she put it on, she thought her skin was going to be ruined. It felt too cakey for her, and about one-fourth of the way, she finally threw it into the trash.

on 6/30/2004 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I truly love this product. It goes on so well over my skin and has a great finish. My skin is dry, so I like the oil in the foundation - it really gives my skin a fresh dewey sort of glow. I have to make sure to was it off in the evening because the oil can lead to acne, even on dry skin - though thankfully my skin is not so acne prone. I can wear this during the day, but I often opt to wear this in the night because of the great dramatic effect I get from it. I also really like that they have a large selection of colors for african american women, and women of color generally. And of course, you can't beat the price!