Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

Maybelline New York Smooth Results foundation [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 2/23/2006 4:57:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation....I cannot find it anywhere..I've checked Wal-Mart, Walgreens, etc. Maybe it's because of the new Pure makeup line. I took for granted that they were going to keep the smooth results and now I wish I would have stocked up :(

I really liked this foundation. The colorsection is good and the second darkest shade (021 Nude) is the right one for me. The shade is great and it's closest to my skin color that I have ever found - still, now in the wintertime, when my skin is dryish, this foundation keeps on cracking. It looks great first, but then in few hours it starts flacking. Its very sad, 'cause I really like this foundation. I will try this again in summer and hopefully it works!

on 1/29/2006 10:38:00 PM

I love this foundation. I use Ivory and it's a perfect match for my skin. It gives an even finish without being cakey or gooey. Coverage is medium but I follow up with a light dusting of mineral foundation over it (for added staying power). I think it does a great job of disguising large pores and fine lines. Will definitely repurchase, especially since it's so cheap!

on 11/13/2005 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Before I review this, let me tell you that I'm 45 yrs old, have uneven skin tone, am fairly tanned, fine lines in some areas, and deeper ones in others. My skin is dehydrated, but I still very occasionally get a pimple. (I'm telling you all this so you don't waste your time reading if you are 18 yrs old with porcelain perfect skin!)

I never would have thought a drug store foundation could be anywhere near as good as the Chanel, ERA Classified Cosmetics, or Estee Lauder I used. I was wrong. This foundation is excellent. It has a medium coverage, good slip, and beautiful finish (dewy, but not oily or shiny). The downsides are small: Because of my seriously uneven skin tone, I do still have to wear a concealer in areas under this; also, I live in a humid climate and this does not last as long as I'd like. Nevertheless, I will definitely repurchase.

on 7/28/2005 3:36:00 PM

Nice product, good color selection. Goes on evenly and has decent coverage. Comes off with minimal effort too, which is a plus. Definite repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

it doesnt do anything for wrinkles and its very thick...but it has a nice smell

This foundation felt nice and smooth and had exremely good coverage. But alas, it was too good to be true....this stuff turned me orange! Maybe I chose the wrong color (Nude)...but this color makes me look like I lathered a cheap orangish self tanner on. If I find this in a better shade---then no doubt it would be the best foundation ever. I found a solution, however...I added a bit of another foundation with it and the orange glow went away. Another downside is that the mouth of the bottle is waaaaaaaay to big. A whole lot spills out when you try toget a little.

on 2/15/2005 10:50:00 AM

I like the coverage and dewy finish of this foundation, although it may not be for someone with very oily skin. I am on Accutane now, so my skin can tolerate it, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to use this when I'm off. I find that Buff matches my skin nicely when I've had a session of self tanner. I am very pale normally, so this adds a good bit of color to my face. It is a thick creamy foundation, which provides good coverage of past scars. I find that applying this with a wedge makeup sponge gives me the best finish. I set it with loose powder and I almost have flawless skin (almost!). Will continue to reuse if it doesn't cause breakouts. Have been using it for a week with no problems. Does make skin smoother and more healthly looking. SPF of 18 is an added plus. I fear that this might be discontinued since I see it on 50% off at the drugstore, and Maybelline has just come out with Age Rewind foundation, which I tried and returned cause it was mediocre. I will be stocking up on Buff in case it gets taken off the shelves!!!

on 1/18/2005 12:42:00 PM

I really like the coverage and smoothness that this foundation has. It gives you a dewy, nearly flawless look and covers old scars without the look of applying heavy foundation or makeup. I tried Maybelline many years ago, and then I began purchasing higher end products. Generally, I prefer a mousse or souffle foundation, but this is perfect. I found this on sale for $2.19 and I had a $2.00 off coupon and they only had two bottles left in caramel which was a perfect match for me. I have very sensitive skin and I haven't had any breakouts and the coverage is wonderful and feels so light yet covers the few blemishes that I have and it really does leave a smooth finish. I will definitely repurchase. ***UPDATE*** I am still loving this foundation, but can't seem to find it anywhere and when I do, the colors are much too light for my skin!!! I'm wondering if this has been revamped as their Instant Age Rewind?? I'm considering buying that to see if I will get the same wonderful results.

on 1/5/2005 11:38:00 PM

I love the coverage and the color (Ivory) of this, but it makes my skin incredibly oily (though so far haven't noticed any extra breakouts). I'll use this until I find something more matte in as pale a shade.