Tarte Cosmetics Tartelette In Bloom Clay Palette

4.5

on 2/24/2016 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I adore this palette. The colors are beautiful, pigmentation amazing and opaque, and you cannot beat this being an all in one palette! The colors stay for hours! Until now I had never owned a Tarte eyeshadow palette - I will totally buy them from here on in, be they individual or sets.

The only "con" (if you can even call it that) is that this is a neutral palette but the name and packaging gives the impression its a bright fall color collection. I thought that was kind of funny - it might make some mad.

This is def worth the money! This is my new go to daytime palette, love it!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

SWOON!!!!!!!!!!!
I have no idea why I held off when this first came out..it is STUNNING!!! All shades are very flattering (note: does lean warm-toned compared to the first Tartelette palette) can be worked with like a dream..great for those whose makeup skills may not be that of a professional or very experienced.

Three of the 12 shades are shimmer, which is a nice change to mix it up a little bit from the all-matte palettes. And even the 3 shimmer shades are flattering, as I feel they are not 'glitter bombs'..

These wear very nicely throughout the day and flatter my older 45 year old crepey eyelids that tend to show any little creasing. I don't even have to use a primer with these. Also, there are many one-shadow options here, as well as of course mixing and matching shades. If you tend to prefer cooler tones, this may not be for you, but even then, I would still suggest swatching them the next time you are in Ulta or Sephora, you just might be surprised at how stunning the shades are.

For me, I can definitely see me using (and have already used) pretty much all of the shades in here, so when you factor in the cost per shade, it is roughly $3.75, which is roughly what one single drugstore shadow costs. So taking that into consideration, these are a very good deal, and imo better quality of course than drugstore, and again, I will definitely be using ALL of these shades, not like some palettes where only a couple shades hit pan..

Nice big mirror, too, for those who like mirrors with their palettes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have to admit, when I received this palette in the mail I was not sold. I've used it practically every day since I got it, and I am in love! Is it the palette to end all palettes? No. However, it's perfect for me. I use every single shadow, which never happens! The quality of the eyeshadow is excellent. Tarte eyeshadow tend to be more dry than others I've used, but only when swatching. They apply easily and pigmented, true to the color in the pan. There is one dud in the palette, Funny Girl. It's even more dry and not as pigmented as the rest of the palette, but it just takes me a couple layers to build it on the lid. I use Urban Decay Primer Potion and MAC Paint Pot as my base, and these last 12+ hours on me. Surprisingly, the bottom row of the palette with the pinky shades is my favorite, which comes as a shock to me! Rebel is my favorite color in the entire palette. I'm super happy with this purchase, and I'm glad I decided to take the plunge! Now I'm interested in the original Tartelette palette.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I had originally intended to buy the first tarte lets bc I prefer mattes and this was mostly neutrals. After I saw this in person I bought in bloom instead and have no regrets. The colors are smooth, blend well, a nice mix of mattes/shimmer. I've been using everyday since I bought it and you can create a variety of looks-it's very versatile. It smells like chocolate too!

on 1/30/2016 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the original Tartelette palette.....when the Tartelette in Bloom was released I wasted no time getting it, as well. Not disappointed. In fact, I think I'm liking better than I expected to!

The quality of the shadows is excellent. Soft, easy to blend, little to no fall out, great pigmentation, and I'm easily getting 12 hour wear out of these shadows with no fading or creasing -- the colors stay true all day.

Great mix of mattes & shimmers. The shimmers go on just as nicely as the mattes and look great without being patchy. Good variation in shades from barely there to deeper crease or liner colors.

Packaging is beautiful -- I have a lot of palettes but I find myself reaching for this one most days.

Without question, I would absolutely buy this again.

on 1/29/2016 11:10:00 PM

The way the shades are set up in this palette are gorgeous, however, the colors are way too chalky for my liking. Not the best palette that Tarte has come out with.

on 1/28/2016 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

One of my most favorite palettes! This was my first Tarte eyeshadow purchase and I am so impressed! It provides a nice combination of both matte and frosted eyeshadows. They go on and blend like a dream. It literally has every color that you could possibly want (highlight, lid, crease and eyeliner). Because of this palette I had to get my hands on the original Tarte palette. The original isn't my favorite since it's all matte but the texture and performance of the shadows is the same. $45 for 12 eyeshadows. Well worth the money and the packaging is gorgeous.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Suprised no one has reviewed this yet...this is a lovely palette. I do not have the original TARTElette palette because I am not a 100% matte lover. I prefer there to be some luster to my shadows. This one really struck my fancy because it has the most blendable, soft mattes AND a coordinating semi-metallic luster for a glow. The formula is so buttery...and I was suprised but these smell faintly of chocolate just like a Two Faced chocolate bar palette. I have only one critique, the two darkest shades are almost 99% the same. I would have preferred a black and a dark brown instead of a black and black brown..oh well, it's not a deal breaker. Overall, this is my favorite of my recent Tarte palette purchases. (I also recently bought the Noir and Showstopper and those have blushes and highlighters but the shadows aren't as good as these)