Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint - Namaste

Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint - Namaste

2.7

on 3/10/2016 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received this as part of a Sephora nude lipsticks package, so I only have a deluxe sample size. I like it, I have to say. The color is pretty, but a touch paler nude than I prefer -- on me it's kind of a 1960s mod lip look (almost) albeit a touch darker and more natural looking.

I have one of the Revlon matte lip paints that performs very similarly to this, at half the price, and the formula is less heavy (though the Tarte isn't very heavy at all) and that color works a bit better with my lips' natural shade, since the Revlon is a touch pinker and a touch darker.

But this does feel nice and velvety and applies smoothly. It doesn't set dry but stays sort of velvety without feeling sticky or uncomfortable. Wear time is decent. I'd probably be more impressed if I hadn't found a cheaper alternative that I'm very happy with. Someone in search of a nude matte lip look would probably like this -- and I don't notice Tarte's sometimes strong minty scent and flavor with this either, for what it's worth.

I got this in my Sephora Give Me Lip Nude Lip Sampler in a mini size. I'm sure full retail is quite $$$ (to me over $20+ is pushing the envelope a bit but I would spend it if I really like something eg Chanel Glossimers), but I digress. I agree w review below this is a moussey texture that never quite completely dries but that's okay, I'm not into the traditional liquid lipsticks that dry so drily dreadful matte. The "slip" makes it make u feel like u have a NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream or NYX Suede gloss even Loreal Infallible Matte Gloss so as u can see it's pretty easily duped. I would rec'd NYX Stockholm maybe? I'm leaving "maybe" for repurchase. I have to find out how much it retails for coz price pointe factors weighs heavily in my makeup buying decisions. Don't get me wrong this is BETTER than NYX but check them out if u need to kill a $$$ lemming.

on 1/22/2016 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

first off, i bought this because it matched the color of my nails and that excited me because i'm ridiculous haha

ok, so... where do i start? this product is very meh. it isn't good and it isn't horrible, either. applying it is very easy with the applicator and the formula is thick and very pigmented so there are no issues with patchiness whatsoever - it's almost a sort of whipped, mousse-like texture. however, it never dries. ever. i mean, it dries down a little to the point where it's matte, but it stays slightly tacky. and don't even get me started on the transfer... this stuff transfers like a bitch, honestly! anything you eat, anyone you kiss, anything your lips touch will get covered in this. i prefer liquid lipsticks that are completely transfer proof so this is a huge bummer.

however, the good thing that comes with the fact that it never fully dries down is that it does retain a fair bit of moisture in your lips. it's nowhere near as drying as traditional liquid lipsticks, which might be an okay tradeoff if you have severely dry winter lips. but for me, i'm not too big of a fan.