Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer

Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer
Murumuru Butter BronzerMurumuru Butter Bronzer

4.2

Talc, Synthetic Sapphire, Mica, Dimethiconol Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Fragrance, Astrocaryum Tucuma Seed Butter, Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Glyceryl Oleate, Glyceryl Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Lecithin, Polybutene, Tin Oxide, Tocopherol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Red 7 Lake, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/25/2017 8:32:00 PM

After seeing all the hype about this bronzer, I had to try it! I bought the darker of the 2 shades although looking at them side by side I couldn't tell any difference at all in the color. I had already read the reviews about the strong coconut smell, but to me it smelled like butter and the scent was so strong it triggered a migraine. The packaging is cheap looking and clunky and comes with some weird applicator/sponge type thing. The texture is soft, but it's not very pigmented at all. It didn't even show up on my medium skin....:however once I got outside in the sunlight I looked super sparkly....which is not the look I was going for. I really wanted to love this bronzer, but it's so bad that I will be returning it to the store. This may work for someone with very very fair skin that likes the sparkly look.

on 7/22/2017 9:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love this bronzer (i have the darker of the two) cause its and blendable, has a great buildable neutral colour and i love the yummy tropical sweetish scent. The sponge thing is annoying and I wish the mirror was in the top part of the compact so it could be slimmer and normal and not flip the bronzer up and down weirdly.. only annoying thing is the price which is like $20-$25 CDN wtf!!! Also its annoying that the two shades are both so light. I do have light skin so the bronzer shows up well but I feel for darker skinned beauties who wouldnt be able to use this cause it wont show up at all!!!-.- I think I would buy again but only because I love it that much. And PF is cruelty free☺️ im probably going to hit pan soon lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have this in the shade "Bronzer." I am a fair, natural redhead and I've never been a big bronzer user. I can't seem to find shades that work for me-they are all too orange. I have gone for some red based bronzers in the past but I've always had to be very careful with them. Before this, I loved the Too Faced Milk Chocolate, which is on the yellow side, but it broke me out. Maybe it just got old, but either way I didn't repurchase. This bronzer is a neutral cool toned bronzer. It's definitely still a bronzer, not a sculpting powder so it's not THAT cool. But on me it's a beautiful shade. This is a very soft product but not powdery. It applies easily. I use the Bobbi Brown face blender brush (it's white) which is the softest, most delicate brush I own and it picks up the product easily. It blends very smoothly and evenly. This shade has that nice level of pigmentation where it definitely is pigmented but you can build it up slowly. It's a great bronzer for the heavy handed, very user friendly. This lasts all day on me as well. My only complaint is that the packaging is bulky. I don't use the brush it comes with so I would love it in a sleek, slim compact. This is a pricier drugstore item, however it's always on sale and you can find coupons. Its easily worth the price for me. I highly recommend this.

on 7/20/2017 6:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I haven't written a review in ages, my public has been waiting with baited breath so here goes.

- it's expensive for drugstore makeup yet for the quality, if sold in a dept store would be considered inexpensive. I used my CVS extra care reward bucks and bought it on sale so I got it for a steal. I generally love the brand, they know bronzers, but I wait for sales because I don't need any more makeup per se.

- scent is buttered popcorn to me, and mild. I was glad because tropical scents can go wrong easily and be cloying. I don't notice it anymore when I open it . Not sure if scent has faded or I've become used to it.

- color, this is my only issue, it's beautiful but very, very, much a gold toned bronzer. I'm fair olive without self tanner I'm using now fur summer. I lean very yellow, yet I find a more red based tanner to look the best on me as it emulates the color I'd get naturally in the sun. A quick swipe of red based blush, just a teeny bit, across the bridge of the nose and hairline, go a long way and help a lot.

- this is very smooth, almost creamy powder. It's not dusty, and goes on smoother than many other bronzers I've tried and I've tried a billion at this point. It's the smoothest PF bronzer I've tried as well and I've tried about 6-7 over the years. Doesn't kick up "dust," look like a sand storm when using, not messy. However I have hit pan and it is breaking apart. Pressing on the remainder helps.

-I find it long lasting. I wish PF would make this in varying shades and undertones. But it's not fair to review on what I'd like rather than what is.
I've only tried the darker shade but if on sale again I'd try the lighter for science sake of course

The texture of this bronzer is really smooth. There's very minimum kick backs even though I go savage with my brush. The color is perfect, not too warm and not to muddy. Definitely one of my favorites!

The bronzer is beautiful and perfect for light-medium skin-tones. I bought bronze. There is no glitter and it gives a natural finish. But to me it smells like buttered croissants and I just can't get over it! Unfortunately, the smell didn't fade within two hours and I had to wash it off. It's summer now, so I will stash it for winter in hopes that it doesn't smell as strong in cool weather.

I don't like the clunky packaging and the price is too high for drugstore(~$15).

on 6/26/2017 12:28:00 PM

I love this bronzer .
looks natural on the skin and the smell is nice ( smells like coconuts) i have a sensitive skin and its work perfect for me .

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I don't get the weird little spongey brush thing that comes with this, but otherwise I love this product. I am pale AF so I have typically stayed very, very far away from bronzer, but due to the hype and the pretty tropical package, I was sucked in. My local Target was sold out for quite a while, but I finally found one and I jumped on the bandwagon. The first thing that one notices about this is the smell. It is quite strong, so if you cannot handle strong artificial scents then I suggest you find a different bronzer. The formula is very silky and while it swatches like it will go on pretty pigmented/heavy, it actually is more like a subtle veil rather than a heavy bronzer. You won't look like you're on Jersey Shore (the TV show, not the actual place) with this bronzer on; instead, if you use a nice fluffy brush, you'll look subtly sunkissed and your pretty little face will smell like coconuts for a while. I took off one lippie just because the smell does get a little old after a while, but otherwise this is a solid product and I would repurchase if I ever ran out. Update Jan. 2018: After several months, I do think that the smell has dissipated to a level where I don't really even notice it anymore.

on 6/18/2017 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this bronzer! The color is perfect for me, not too light or dark and no orange tone. It smells great, goes on easy and blends well.

I have a love hate relationship with Physician Formula products but I am happy to say I am in love with this Butter Bronzer.

Its is so soft and velvety milled, smells tropical and is very moisturising on your face without leaving a build up of colour and cakiness. Matte finish with no shimmer or sparkles and that is a bonus when you get to my age.

I have both shades which I use for contouring and they are just perfect for my light skin tone.

I love rubbing my finger over the rivulets just for the soft feel of the powder and when you brush it on to finish your makeup it's like you hardly have any powder on your skin but it sets all day. Doesn't dry out your skin, or leave patches but there is enough to soak up any oily concerns. Great for holidays when you don't want to wear too much makeup during the day but dress up at night.

It can be very expensive to purchase in Australia so my recommendation is to purchase from iHerb for a third of the price.