CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.2

on 5/11/2014 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I find it very strong on everybody but on some people it is just intoxicating. A masterpiece if it suits your skin.

on 11/27/2013 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I dont get why people keep talking about this fragrance. For me, it's just normal. Too strong and a little bit old, I think. I'm 16 and dont like it, but my mom is 50 and she absolutely love it.

on 7/25/2013 11:23:00 AM

I think you can tell the quality of a fragrance by how long it lasts. This fragrance has serious lasting power, so much more than almost any perfume I have ever tried. Normally this would be a plus, but I am not a big fan of this perfume really. It is too strong smelling for me, but don't get me wrong, it's not bad. It is pleasant enough when sprayed lightly but not something I would ever pick for myself or wear every day. It has an expensive smell to it, you can tell it is well blended and well thought out.

My mum adores this perfume and it suits her really well. On me, it smells almost sour and a little sharp. I won't be buying this again, but the bottle is beautiful and I do like some of the other Chanel fragrances.

on 7/15/2013 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This perfume does not smell the same when purchased in different countries. I have been using CM for years so i know exactly how it smells. It was afterall my favourite perfume worn daily.The one bought in Canada (from Murale) is truly wonderful, richer and longer-lasting. I get compliments using this. Then i moved to the UK and bought another bottle at one of those big Boots store in the city centre (i don't think there is a likelihood that Boots sells fakes as they are a reputable company). The Canadian one is way better. The UK version smells lighter, a tad fruitier and doesn't have such long-lasting effect as the Canadian one. Its like as if the UK version has been diluted. I still have some left from the Canadian one, so i can compare them both....and it is different. I only need to spray the canadian version just thrice and its enough to last for hours. With the UK version, forget it. Three sprays will last maybe 2 hours. As long as i am in the UK, i won't be buying this anymore.

This is a beautiful fragrance. probably the most beautiful ive ever smelt. But I have to drown myself in half a bottle to be able to smell it. then 5 minutes after that its all gone!

Really nice fragrance, but boring boring boring. You smell it on absolutely everybody (at least, here in the UK you do. Perhaps it has more cachet in America?). In fact, I didn't even know that I already knew this perfume, until I tested it and went ''Oh yeah. That's what every single 25 year-old girl wears''. Common, in that respect. I think people shell out for this because it's ''Chanel'' and they want to feel expensive, when in fact loads of perfume houses do similarly light, fresh, sweet perfumes like this, at a fraction of the cost.

on 12/23/2011 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm really trying to love this. I enjoy how it smells in the bottle, slightly musky yet sweet and feminine with a little bit of floral, but on me- that sweet floral bit completely vanishes within 10 minutes and I'm left with a strong, musky, 'dirty' smell that mildly resembles moth balls. I don't know what it is, but SOMETHING about how this perfume smells I find utterly creepy. Yes, creepy is the word. I don't see how this is popular at all. And this is one of the 'younger' Chanel fragrances! I only did 2 sprays on the wrist, and rubbed it in with the other. At first I love it, but within 10 minutes it gets more musky and then develops nowhere. After spraying my arms with rubbing alcohol and wiping with paper towels, I finally got the scent off, but I'm not sure completely. It is about 11 hours later from when I sprayed it, and there is a slight hint of what may be Mademoiselle that I like, but I can't remember if I put anything on after it. I'm so, so torn on this scent. Maybe it's just too strong for my body chemistry? Maybe I need to just do ONE quick spritz, and see what happens from there? Beneath the intoxicating sweetness of this perfume lies a stinky odor that I find nauseating. Very confused. I will update this review for further opinions.

UPDATE 2/5/2012: I came upon Dior's 'Miss Dior Cherie' and found that MDC smells almost exactly the same as Coco Mademoiselle but not as heavy and 'dirty'. It has that apparent patchouli scent that I love about Coco mademoiselle but it's more sweet and light. The only downside is that is doesn't last as long as Coco but I'm willing to sacrifice as the scent is exactly what I wished Coco Mademoiselle smelt like.

on 10/18/2011 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I honestly don't know why this scent gets such rave reviews,and as a lover of the vast majority of Chanels I find this so far from the others it might as well be a Britney Spears perfume. I can respect perfumes that don't work on me, but this is just *offensive*. It starts with a screeching siren of citrus and fruit, sharp and interrupting like having your TV on low and then having a super-loud commercial suddenly play. It stays this way all throughout its incredibly long dry down (which I must respect), and even after running some water over the scent to tone it down it still screams for attention.

This is a Chanel? Coco must be spinning in her grave. Where is the complexity of No.5, the discord of No.19, the warmth of Cuir de Russie and Coco, the comfort of Coromandel? If what I've read is true and Coco Mademoiselle's runaway success indeed kickstarted the fruitchouli fanaticism I wish I had the power and money to buy every bottle ever made and launch them into the sun.

Coco Mademoiselle is no mademoiselle, no young scion of an aristocratic family full of history and tradition--she's the rich party girl living off daddy's money stumbling into you drunk as a skunk, spilling her fruity cocktail all over your dress/tux and not even bothering to apologize. She merely giggles out a high-pitched "oops!" before weaving back to the bar in precariously high stilettos that cost more than what you make in a month.

I'll try the parfum as I heard it's much more restrained and well-crafted, but I doubt this Paris Hilton will turn into a Princess Diana.

on 10/12/2011 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Le sigh. I want to like this. I'm looking for a fall/winter scent and tried a sample I had laying around. It started out lovely and a bit heady, but I figured that would pass. Nope. On me, it got spicier and thicker, reminding me somewhat of CK's Obsession. Despite one tiny spray on one wrist, I began to feel enveloped in the scent. My husband, who liked the scent, began to sneeze. I finally had to scrub it off. Au revoir, mademoiselle.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Really? Nothing special to my nose. I've tried it over and over through the years, yearning to experience what the rest of you do. It's a smell I find myself trying to get away from whenever I run into it.

Popular Fragrances