CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.2

on 10/17/2009 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I 'm in the minorty here as I really hate this stuff. On me it's cloying too sweet and suffocating, it's the same when I smell this on others, I just can't stand it. For some reason over the years I've been given first the EDP, then the EDT (which I hoped would be less cloying - it wasn't!) and the Body spray. I think at some point I had asked for Coco as a gift and everyone bought me Madmoiselle instead. I should point out that I'm more into fresh clean chypres, which may explain why I dislike this so much.

on 7/24/2009 11:45:00 AM

I was so excited to try this based on all the wonderful reviews and finally took the plunge and bought the gift set from Sephora.com. It smelled delicious when I sprayed it in the air. But my body chemistry did not work with this and when I wore it I smelled like our local Goodwill store - musty and old. What a bummer. I tried again the next day & I had to scrub with baby wipes to get the smell off - it gave me a vicious headache. I will stick with my standby Chanel Chance.
Boo Hoo

on 3/19/2009 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Mmmm...no. I don't understand why this has high reviews. Smells waaaay too mature and old-lady-ish. I smell patchouli and I HATE patchouli. I got this because one of the notes listed was vanilla...and it was beloved by women in my age bracket. Ick, no. Betsey Johnson still reigns supreme as my fab perfume, followed by Elizabeth Arden Provocative Interlude and Lolita Lempicka Midnite (for evenings).

Sophisticated? Coco Mademoiselle is the artificial, ubiquitous berry of cheap candy syrup, mixed with hairspray (circa Aquanet). There is no development and very little detectable vetiver or bourbon vanilla. The scent is utterly juvenile, though it is also juicy, happy, and even charming, initially. Unfortunately, after the drydown it just smells like it's trying too hard to be vivacious.

on 12/31/2008 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

it is indeed the best fragrance from chanel.i think i would buy it in the future but once finished the bottle i wouldn t purchase it again coz it s not one of those fragrances u can t get enough of it.for the moment i have miss dior cherie but once i finish it i might buy this one,they are alike and they are both tryings to bring young customers to both chanel and dior since all their perfumes are for mature women.
update:i really hate it,it is a chypre i can t stand,yuck!!

on 12/20/2008 11:32:00 PM

I tried to like this...I really did. My husband bought it for me after the clerk told him it was light and airy..uhhhhhh I love light fresh sweet scents...this was NOT it. Thankfully I tried it at the store, said how awful it was and my poor hubby said oh no, I got that for you as a gift. So we came home, got the box and took it back straight away. He paid 125.00 for a small set. I'm sure glad I didn't open this on Christmas morning. This scent is heavy and really strong to me. I couldn't get it off my arms in the shower. I'm on not too good with notes but this is for someone who likes really strong older women scents. A no go for me for sure...

I know I know this is a popular scent I tried to like it but to me it just smelled like bug spray. Heartbreakingly, I gave a almost full bottle to a girl who lives close to me and I regret it now because a. it was sooo expensive and b. it's just a pretty bottle to have on my nightstand. But that is history. I may give it another shot in the future. When I smelled it in December's LUCKY magazine insert for their clever add with the girl holding the top hat over her chest, it (doh!) smelled nice and I have "giver's" remorse. Anyhow, see you later Coco Mademoiselle. I'm not through with you yet:-)

on 11/27/2008 2:34:00 PM

I loved it when I smelled it for the first time and I just had to get it. After a while I realized that it really stinks! I absolutely hate the smell, its GROSS!

on 11/4/2008 10:06:00 PM

Oh my lord, it is strong and it got me headache, a million times NO to me

on 10/24/2008 10:20:00 PM

Please don't stone me to death. I hate this. I have tried to love it, spraying it on and suffering migraine headaches that have resulted from it's stench. I have grown so adverse to Coco Mademoiselle that I can smell it miles away on other people. My BFF is currently in love with this and practically showers in it and it turns my stomach. I don't know how to tell her that whenever we hang out - I get migraines from her perfume. Another Chanel stink as far as I'm concerned...I don't get the hype with their 'mainstream' fragrances. Gardenia on the other hand is GORGEOUS. Somewhere I think people have gotten caught up in good marketing - I find Coco Mademoiselle to be pretty linear in that it smells the same on everyone (it doesn't really develop any character) and I just don't like it.

Popular Fragrances