CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.2

on 12/12/2012 10:31:00 AM

Nice perfume if you like floral scent. A bit too headache inducing for me still. Will not purchase again for that reason

on 10/17/2012 8:20:00 AM

I had really high hopes for this product but when i got it for myself, it was totally disappointing. I don't know why, but it smells a lot like men's cologne! every time i try it on, i feel like im putting on men's perfume or something. and besides the smell is so strong that it gives me headaches :(

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

EDIT:
I am changing my mind from my original review (below). Last night I put 1...just 1 and omg I got so sick from a terrible scent enduced headache! I was scrubbing my arms trying to get it off but the damage was done. This stuff is too darn strong. I am not sure how many ppl can wear this in public without incredibly irritating everyone in their school, office, ...mall....where ever they go. It is so strong. Terrible. You want to wear a purfume...not the perfume wearing you!

This stuff smells like liquid heaven.

It is a little strong - I just have 1 squirt on right now and that is more then enough. I wish it was just a smidge weaker. I am wearing the EDP ...maybe the EDT would be a bit softer. I don't think this is a scent you would wear to school or the workplace by any meanas.

I am not sure about the whole marketing to the younger 'coco generation'...to me there is nothing youthful about this scent. It is not granny any way but it is a more ...mature scent IMO ...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I first smelled this on those little strips of paper used for sampling the fragrance. I fell in love with the soft, classic and not-too-girly scent.

I bought the EDT version and this is considered a bad purchase. It just doesn't work well with my body chemistry. I sprayed 2 spritzes on my decollatage and although it lasted a full day, it was sharp and offensive to me and people who were close enough to smell it. I noticed my colleague who shared a lift with me subtly using her finger to cover her nose. I was in the train when a guy next to me discreetly moved to the other side. I had never experienced such forms of being ostracized and was definitely placed in an uncomfortable mood.

Still, I wanted to find something to love about this fragrance given all the positive reviews about it. I tried it a second and third time, sometimes on clothes, sometimes on my skin, and each time I have this perfume on, people shun me. It was just too synthetic-smelling and overwhelming.

Finally for the sake of my social life, I decided this has to go. Now I am back to my trusted Bvlgari Rose Essentielle and Paul Smith Rose. These work great on me and I am back to having some instances where strangers would comment on my perfume smelling gorgeous.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

(Rreview for EDP)
I bought this in Duty Free cos they didn't have my Prada. I actually really hate perfumes that smell too girly and are usually very popular.

I got this cos I wanted it since 2008, when I was much younger and believed that Chanel = can never go wrong.

I don't like this. It smells horrible on me between 1-5 hours of spraying it on, it smells so sour and metallic, not in the good way. This is increasingly obvious after a few months of owning it. So I guess the perfume turned bad or something, it wasn't so bad in the beginning. Coco Mademoiselle is not worthy of the Chanel name that produced No19 and Eau Premiere.

I prefer Narciso Rodriguez For Her to this. They are similar, but For Her is a lot more refined and elegant.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I never had any interest in this scent until I stumbled upon all the glowing reviews here on MA. Even though the various descriptions of this perfume made it sound like exactly the type of fragrance I wouldn't like, I thought I might be pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately it turned out to be exactly what I expected - a heady, musty floral/aldehyde monstrosity that overpowers your senses and just won't disappear...and that's from one spray of the EDT! To put it simply, if you took a decent floral scent and sprayed it on someone who hadn't showered in a week, they'd smell exactly like Coco Mademoiselle. Absolutely vile!

I don't understand how this could be marketed at anyone under the age of 40. Even if I loved it, I'd find it impossible to wear at my age (24). This is not for those of us who adore perfume, but don't want to smell like we're wearing it.

on 10/24/2010 10:20:00 PM

i cannot stomach this scent. i put it on my wrists only and my husband asked me if i had put on some cologne. i swear its so strong even with a light touch of it that i could taste it on my tongue. there was just something so offensive to my senses about this scent. it instantly made my sinuses hurt. sadly i wore it on a rare night out with my sisters, i woke up later in the middle of hte night with my wrists next to my face. it made me dry heave. i really dislike this... but to each their own!

on 9/15/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is one of those scents that make me feel sick and gives me some bad headache. I usually fall in love with scents that have vanilla as a base but thisone truly is an epic fail for me. Though I must say that the staying power is great and I love the bottle. But this smells so heavy and "powdery", they obviously carried the white musk to the excess with thisone, I think this is something for the older ladies, despite the word "Mademoiselle" in it. Im my opinion highly overrated but Im glad for those who like it.

on 5/31/2010 11:11:00 AM

The citrus opening is nice, but very fleeting. Within seconds of spraying this on myself, Coco Mademoiselle becomes a kind of powdery floral which, for some reason, immediately turns extremely plasticky and synthetic smelling. It really is simply awful and one-dimensional on me. To be frank, though, I don't particularly enjoy it on the card, either, so I would not have chosen it for myself even if it didn't turn into Mr. Hyde when I apply it.

on 12/21/2009 11:38:00 AM

Vile. Quite why so many women wear this is beyond me, and why it is linked to the divine original Coco ( the two are quite distinct), is even more puzzling. Chanel should be ashamed of themselves for bringing this sickly concoction to the public.