CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

CHANEL Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum Intense

4.2

on 1/12/2010 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It's.........ok....actually, I like Pam Anderson's new perfume "Malibu Night"..her pink bottle..and it smells similar to this one..except better since you can smell a soft chocolaty scent on the drydown. Buy that one instead..plus a portion of the bottle is donated to PETA everytime someone buys them! :)

Ohh...and the women who made this comment:
>>>>>>>>>>>
" EVERYONE ELSE WEARS IT, and tries too hard to be both "sophisticated" and "flirty" at the same time that it winds up strutting about like a great-grandmother squeezing into a size 0 sequined miniskirt.
It's unbelievable."

LOLOLOLOLOL... Gave me such a giggle!! :) I have to somewhat agree actually..nice scent..but too "overrated"..lol

I have a love-hate relationship with this fragrance. Some days it smells fresh, modern and sexy. Other days it is cloyingly strong and headache-inducing. It does have amazing lasting power, I'll give it that. I've gone through a couple sample vials but I don't think I'll ever commit to a full bottle. I much prefer the dry-down to the initial phases of the fragrance, and I like it more than the other Chanel offerings I've tried. Overall a nice enough scent when applied sparingly.

on 2/7/2009 7:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Starts out almost gourmand, but without being sweetly foody. Soft, creamy, but still a perfume. Very nice. But as it dries down, it develops a sticky powdery note on my skin that is really unfortunate. I wanted to give this higher marks for the onset, but the dry down is a true deal-breaker.

on 9/25/2008 5:31:00 PM

I just got this perfume. The EDT version. I usually think of chanel fragrances as very fancy and sophisticated and too strong. But I sprayed this on my skin and while it is strong and alcoholy at first spray, the next minutes after that smell really good. I don't raelly know how to describe this fragrance, it smells good but i can't really smell it that well after a little while. I don't know if its just me but I really don't even notice the fragrrance...maybe someone else will notice it one me...i dont' know...for now, it's smells pretty good so far....i tend to get tired of fragrances quick though...will update!

on 6/25/2007 11:49:00 PM

I have kind of mixed reviews on this. It smelled great in the sample that the woman sprayed on the card. Kind of fruity, yet refined with a touch of class. So I bought it and when I sprayed it on me, the stuff reeked like men's cologne. Just like the bottle of "Miracle Forever" that I exchanged for this! DH liked but that is because he even told me that HE would wear it because it smelled like aftershave. That was the last straw for me. I should have listened to the saleswoman who told me that it smells different on everyone and to sample it first on my arm.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a sweet fresh floral. I could wear it all day without a
headache & it lasts but I didn't love it. It's not very special
to me, I felt like I have smelled this on so many people.

on 1/23/2006 11:08:00 AM

I used to like the EDP of this. EDT was (ironically) too strong - it has the addition of a grapefruit note and a strong musk note. I usually like musk, but this made the fragrance much too pungent and also sweet on me.
The EDP is a nice scent, also strong, but a bit more wearable.
It is basically an orange top note (which I am not so crazy about but seems to fade with time), over some florals (rose?), and then a lovely blend of vetiver and patchouli which dries down to a nice sweet warm scent.

I do think Coco Mademoiselle in the EDP is a nice well-crafted scent. However, it is a bit strong and sweet for me.
And I usually like strong spicy scents.

Interestingly, while Chanel Chance seems to me a knock-off of Coco Mademoiselle and for that reason I was disdainful of it, I am able to wear it much more easily.
Chance also has the floral aspect and the patchouli drydown, but it is more subtle, and there is no orange topnote, which I can do without.
Also, Chance has a fresh ozonic note which makes it nice to wear as well.

Basically, Chance is like a more subtle Coco Mademoiselle, which for me is more wearable.

But I do think the Coco Mademoiselle is a beautiful scent in theory.

on 3/22/2005 2:53:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this scent. It's a complex floral oriental. The drydown is beautiful, but way too strong when initially sprayed, that I can't stand to spray it. Maybe if this came in a roll-on it would be nicer.Gives me an instant headache. Although people make like it, it isn't what I would describe as being subtle. It's quite loud and an in your face kind of scent so it should be used sparingly.In other words, it's definatly not what I would describe as a soft skin scent, which is the kind of scent I prefer to wear.

on 12/28/2003 5:52:00 PM

I received a sample of this in a swap, and it reminds me a lot of AG Eau de Charlotte. A soft, sweet, cozy floral, and there's something in it that reminds me of chocolate. There is also a slight aquatic note that I don't much like (I think this is just the citrus, but to my nose it's aquatic). The chocolatey and fresh/aquatic elements make it seem quite modern to me, so it will probably appeal to its target (younger) audience, girls who don't want to smell anything like their grandmas. Overall, a pleasant and wearable Chanel, but not one I would purchase for myself.

on 9/17/2016 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Despite the good ratings I'm giving this perfume, I'm not much of a fan as I find it uninteresting and it's too common. I bought it on a big discount from the local department store. Sad to say of my collection, this is the one that's gotten the most male compliments. I wish I could get this reaction with my other preferred fragrances. It's a fruity, floral crowd pleaser. Be sure not to overdo it since longevity and silage are pretty high, even if it's undetectable to the wearer.

Popular Fragrances