Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age

Deciem Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age

4.5

Aqua (water), glycerin, ethoxydiglycol, hydrolyzedyeast extract, sodiumhyaluronate crosspolymer, pentylene glycol, tamarindus indica seed gum, pseudoalteromonas fermentextract, hydrolyzed sodiumhyaluronate, sodiumhyaluronate, polyacrylatecrosspolymer-6, trisodiumethylenediamine disuccinate, lactobacillus/eriodictyoncalifornicum fermentextract, saccharideisomerate, copperlysinate/prolinate, palmitoyl tripeptide-38, myristoyl nonapeptide-3, ahnfeltia concinna extract, ethylhexylglycerin, methylglucoside phosphate, cetylhydroxyethylcellulose, hydroxypropylcyclodextrin, polyglucuronic acid, hexylene glycol, salicylicacid, lecithin, phospholipids, caprylyl glycol, sodiumhydroxide, citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodiumbenzoate, sodium citrate, chlorphenesin, phenoxyethanol, leuconostoc/radish rootferment filtrate.

on 1/28/2017 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I love this stuff so much. I'm 55, with fair, very dry skin that's prone to hyperpigmentation. No serum, lotion or potion I've every used has had such a positive effect on my skin as this product in particular (and a variety of other Deciem products in general). My face is so much more hydrated than it's ever been thanks to this stuff. Despite its dryness, my skin isn't overly lined for my age but this serum has definitely helped minimize what wrinkles I do have and had a very positive effect on the texture of my skin. My skin is much softer to the touch since I began using this and definitely has something of a glow that it didn't have before. I will unquestionably repurchase.

on 12/15/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the honestly the best stuff anyone could use. I have very oily, acne prone skin and everything breaks me out.. so I cant use any moisturizers or even toners, but this serum is completely different from me. I once heard a youtuber saying that it works well with evening her skin tone out and it doesn't break her out, so i decided to try this. Purchasing this was the best decision ever, product wise.
This serum is super light, even great as a primer under make up. It did not break me out even once, in fact it actually evened out my skin tone+texture. I now have less visible pores and my skin feels soooooo smooth.. it hasn't been this good since childhood probably! Ive been using this for a mo0nth but after only 2 weeks I've started noticing difference in my skin texture. I wish I took a close-up pictures of my pores before I started using this and now that I'm using it, such big difference! I guess I didn't take a picture because I didn't believe that it will actually work or make a difference, I was expecting it to break me out like everything else does and if I didn't like it could have just given it to my sister.
I'm really glad I discovered this serum, it really needs to be talked about more so more people know of this "magic in a bottle" :)
love love love

I am at the end of my second bottle so I feel I can give a fair review. I am just shy of 40 and have skin that looks younger but definitely behaves as if it is older. It's dehydrated and oily in the t-zone with some visible pores and is prone to fine lines at the first sign of dehydration. This serum works well for me. It is very watery and I find that I go through a bottle quicker than other more gel like serums I tried, however the price point is low especially when you shop outside of Deciem (mainly sales at CVS and sometimes Amazon though currently they jacked up the price). It is not hydrating enough on its own for me so I have to follow with a moisturizer. My skin looks so much firmer since using this product, especially around the eye area and the space between my brows. I am just over the two month mark and am just starting to see more firmness around the mouth and jaw. My skin looks smoother overall and foundation just seems to sit better on it. And the overall tone is more even. I still have some post inflammatory hyperpigmentation around the cheeks and chin area but I could comfortably go without foundation (I just choose not to). I use this in conjunction with retinoids, niacinimide, and rosehip oil and the combination works well to keep my skin looking young.

on 4/8/2018 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have several products from The Ordinary, NIOD, and Hylamide. I've definitely had my share of disappointments, but Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age is a star in the line.

Like many of Deciem's products, this is a water-based serum. Some of the offerings from The Ordinary have a viscous or tacky texture that can even ball up under makeup. But SubQ is light, clear, watery, hydrating, and not sticky at all. I reach for this every morning because it absorbs into the skin cleanly and doesn't interfere with makeup application.

This contains peptides, 5 hyaluronic compounds, an algae complex and a touch of copper. These ingredients nourish and support healthy skin.

It's cruelty free. Does not contain alcohol or oil. My skin can lean oily or dry depending on the climate and season. I can use this year-round. I have never broken out from this comfortable and weightless serum.

Hylamide's prices fall in the middle between luxury brand NIOD and budget brand The Ordinary. This costs $38 for 30 ml. However, I typically use only four or five drops per application. I've had the bottle for several months and I am only halfway through the bottle.

The glass dropper bottle has a simple clean look beside the basin, but it is not my favorite thing for travel. I prefer Drunk Elephant's packaging for the suitcase.

Would definitely buy again.

Ingredients as listed on Deciem's website, 4/8/18:

aqua (water), glycerin, hydrolyzed yeast extract, pentylene glycol, tamarindus indica seed gum, sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer, palmitoyl tripeptide-38, myristoyl nonapeptide-3, copper lysinate/prolinate, methylglucoside phosphate, hydrolyzed sodium hyaluronate, sodium hyaluronate, ahnfeltia concinna extract, saccharide isomerate, polyglucuronic acid, lactobacillus/eriodictyon californicum ferment extract, pseudoalteromonas ferment extract, phospholipids, lecithin, hydroxypropyl cyclodextrin, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose, polyacrylate crosspolymer-6, hexylene glycol, salicylic acid, citric acid, sodium citrate, sodium hydroxide, trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate, ethoxydiglycol, leuconostoc/radish root ferment filtrate, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethylhexylglycerin, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin.

on 1/2/2017 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is yet another Hylamide product I wish I could have loved. Its ingredient profile is top notch, it is accessible (I got mine at CVS), affordable, fragrance-free, and has decent (but not super) packaging. SubQ contains several types of Hyaluronic Acid, which I typically have great luck with. The HA content is a great moisture boost for dehydrated skin, especially if applied under an occlusive layer. Unfortunately, the HA used in this product is terribly irritating to my skin--I experienced irritation similar to the Hylamide Low-Molecular HA Booster, which contains some of the same ingredients. Needless to say, if something is irritating, it almost doesn't matter how great the skin-repairing and anti-aging properties are since the product is unusable. I will meter it out by diluting with other products, but will not purchase SubQ again.

on 4/19/2017 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am SO impressed with this stuff. Bought after reading MUA reviews - it's often on special at Boots for £20 so is reasonably priced. First application was very unwhelming because I'd never used a 'watery' serum before so I hated it. But after two or three goes my skin loved it. I'm early 40s, combination and sensitive so I don't lack oil but am often really dehydrated. This just pours hydration into your skin with no added oil. I love it and can't see myself switching to anything else. I use on its own and it doesn't irritate or break me out. Try it!

on 3/26/2016 1:14:00 PM

This serum is amazing! I'm almost out of my first bottle and have noticed an improvement in the texture of my skin, layers easily under other products, no scent, and I've actually seen a change for once in a skincare item. For the price it is worth trying!

on 9/23/2017 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Highly moisturizing, non-clogging and travel friendly. This saved my skin during a trip to Greece. I love swimming in the sea, but my face gets so dry! I applied this product with a light moisturizer on top and my face felt so hydrated. The hydration lasted all day. So instead of applying a heavy cream, which in the summer clogs my pores, I will just apply this serum and a light moisturizer.

on 11/23/2016 8:51:00 PM

I'm 40, dehydrated skin--though oily in tzone, some congested pores on forehead and nose, some mild redness/spider veins on cheeks, some redness around corner of mouth, visible pores on cheeks (but more dry). My routine was cleanser, light toner, bha2%, hydration serum, rosehip oil, eye cream, SPF moisturizer, skin looked good but the visible pores on cheeks and forehead needed help. I don't have wrinkles but there are some fine lines starting to show around eyes.

I purchased this after reading some great reviews and though it's only been 3 weeks it's already made a difference in my overall skin appearance. I stopped my normal routine and am only using this after cleansing then moisturizer as I wanted to make sure nothing else I was using would cause compatibility issues. The most notable difference is in my cheeks, while I still have some redness the pores are much less noticeable, skin is plumper and more hydrated. The area around my mouth is less red as well. Unfortunately the pores on my forehead seem to still be congested and visible and I've noticed my nose seems oiler so I'm going to add back in my bha.

Since I'm not sure if the serum or my SPF is causing the extra congestion/oiliness I'm giving this 4 lipsticks. I will update review as I've recently purchased the facial cleanser, sensitive skin booster, sub q eyes and moisturizer/ha so I'll wait to see if that produces even better results.

Lovely serum. I have combo skin very prone to dehydration. I use this at night and mix in a few drops of Deciem's The Ordinary Niacinamide and the Alpha Arbutin. It keeps my skin plump, even toned, and delays signs of aging. A great serum with a great price tag. The fact that this is carried in a number of CVS's also helps since you can use coupons!