St. Ives Ultra Gentle Apricot Facial Scrub

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/10/2006 2:37:00 AM

I love this product. It works great on my skin, you don't expect a scrub with granules to be that gentle, but it is. It gets off blackheads and unblocks pores and leaves my skin feeling super smooth. I use it every other day and it's kept my skin clear so far.

I have sensitive skin, dry on the sides but prone to oiliness on the T-zone and blocked pores, and this product does the trick in normalizing my skin and making sure my pores are clear at the same time.

I used to use Dermalogica's Daily Microfoliant, but I found that it didn't work as well for me as St Ives. It didnt clear my skin as well, and I still had many bumps and blackheads even after months of using it. Plus, Daily Microfoliant is many many times more expensive than St Ives!

I have a friend who swears by the 'regular' version of this scrub, and uses nothing else to clean her face. I was debating between the medicated version (with salicylic acid) and the gentle version and I am glad I got the gentle version because on hindsight, I think the medicated version would have been to harsh on my skin. I've tried the regular version before and it was too rough to be used every other day for me.

I will definitely buy this product again after it finishes, although I can see that it will take some time, one tube of this scrub really goes a long long way. Fantastic product at a great price.

I was too scared to try the regular Apricot scrub, so I picked this one.

Love it.

Great Price.

My skin feels much smoother.

I will probably buy the regular one for my body. continued >>

If the regular apricot scrub was too harsh for you, you'll live this one. This formula is much gentler and creamier. It leaves my skin baby-soft. It's a great product for an extremely reasonable price.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this one based on the good reviews here. However, this reacted badly with my sensitive skin. It was the only new thing I was using, so I wasn't able to attribute the red bumps to anything else. Once I stopped using it, the bumps went away. I'm not sure what caused the problem - maybe the fragrance. I actually liked the texture and creaminess of this scrub, but alas, it's not for me. I'm now using the Pure Simplicity Almond scrub from Bath & Body Works and this works great for me with no skin irritations.

on 12/2/2005 12:56:00 AM

I LUB this product so cHeAP and works so well. This gentle exfoliater is good for eveyday use. People with sensitive skin should try it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm surprised this isn't loved by more people - it works great for me. I like it better than the original because it isn't as harsh but still does the job. I like the flip cap better than other brands with a screw off lid. Much quicker and easier to handle in the morning before coffee.

This product compares well with expensive products I have bought in the past. My skin is ultra sensitive, but it did not react at all using this product. I would definitely recommend it for most skin types.

on 9/16/2005 8:40:00 PM

Awful smell, too few granules, waxy-creamy base. Nothing to like here.

on 9/13/2005 1:21:00 PM

This didn't do a thing for me. It is not effective and leaves a waxy film on the skin. My skin is rather sensitive and reactive and I like the St. Ives Apricot Invigorating Facial Scrub MUCH better. It doesn't irritate my skin and it does a much better job.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Love it and have been reccomending it to my friends! I tend to break out and I find that if I use this every other day it helps control my breakouts AND it is gentle enough to use often! Can't go wrong with the price either :-)